way too early 2021-2022 line up

Started by dad 2 5, February 20, 2021, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerking

Rumor at the Shack in Stratford is Gavin Drexler is going to become a Badger. Great kid. Great Family. Future All-American for the Badgers. Geaux Tigers.

wrastle63

Quote from: hammer on March 30, 2021, 04:37:43 PM
Quote from: wrastle63 on March 30, 2021, 02:53:51 PM
Quote from: Army Ant on March 30, 2021, 10:40:53 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on March 30, 2021, 06:35:14 AM
Quote from: Army Ant on March 29, 2021, 09:03:29 PM
Remember all the other teams are returning everybody also.
Not true. Not everyone is returning. Many guys will be moving on to their careers.

Didnt mean that literally. My point is that the badgers wont improve as much as they otherwise would compared to everybody else because few wrestlers are leaving. Mist other teams will also improve.
Ah ok. Yea a lot of teams won't be losing much, but I don't think any team in the nation will be bringing in the points that the Badgers will with Wick and Amos plus other potential changes.

You could be right though.......what ever team lands Shane Griffin might beg to differ and what if that same team lands another Stanford wrestler. Remember their are some teams that have champs sitting out still......Cornell,  Michigan to name a quick couple.
Cornell's whole team was out. They didn't have anyone sitting out. Michigan doesn't have any champs sitting out. Wick and Amos >Griffith

hammer

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 30, 2021, 05:17:12 PM
Quote from: hammer on March 30, 2021, 04:37:43 PM
Quote from: wrastle63 on March 30, 2021, 02:53:51 PM
Quote from: Army Ant on March 30, 2021, 10:40:53 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on March 30, 2021, 06:35:14 AM
Quote from: Army Ant on March 29, 2021, 09:03:29 PM
Remember all the other teams are returning everybody also.
Not true. Not everyone is returning. Many guys will be moving on to their careers.

Didnt mean that literally. My point is that the badgers wont improve as much as they otherwise would compared to everybody else because few wrestlers are leaving. Mist other teams will also improve.
Ah ok. Yea a lot of teams won't be losing much, but I don't think any team in the nation will be bringing in the points that the Badgers will with Wick and Amos plus other potential changes.

You could be right though.......what ever team lands Shane Griffin might beg to differ and what if that same team lands another Stanford wrestler. Remember their are some teams that have champs sitting out still......Cornell,  Michigan to name a quick couple.
Cornell's whole team was out. They didn't have anyone sitting out. Michigan doesn't have any champs sitting out. Wick and Amos >Griffith

I was under the impression Steven Micic had another year but what would be be in age, 25ish? What I was trying to say is Cornell probably will have the most points coming back next year due to they didn't compete last year. Another team to take into account. I agree Wisconsin has some serious points coming back but with the transfer portal with so many names could help some one big time maybe Wisconsin! I think a Shane Griffin would be a huge point pick up for any team. What does he have that Wick and Amos dont have yet??

mkm13

Quote from: tigerking on March 30, 2021, 05:09:13 PM
Rumor at the Shack in Stratford is Gavin Drexler is going to become a Badger. Great kid. Great Family. Future All-American for the Badgers. Geaux Tigers.

That would be good to hear. How has he done in national tournaments against other future college wrestlers?

Army Ant

Hope badgers can start keeping most of the top in-state talent. Glad to see OToole, Kekesian and Buchanen AA this year but that's more than what the Badgers had. I heard grades had something to do with why one of them didnt get into wi though so you can only do so much....

wrastle63

Based on how OTT went have to feel even better about next season with Amos and Wick. Wick beat some very solid competitors including some that he has lost to in the past! Would have liked to have seen Braxton wrestle more freestyle but completely understand why he didn't.

Ghetto

Really excited about Wisconsin wrestling after this weekend. Great job by all the young men and women associated with the Badgers and the RTC.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

tigerking

Quote from: mkm13 on March 30, 2021, 08:37:09 PM
Quote from: tigerking on March 30, 2021, 05:09:13 PM

That would be good to hear. How has he done in national tournaments against other future college wrestlers?

Went 10-0 at USAW Club Duals in the Preseason and beat Jack Severin 12-6.

tigerking

Has anyone put Max Dean in the Badgers projected line up for next year?

Harris

Quote from: tigerking on April 08, 2021, 11:24:57 AM

Max Dean would be a great addition to any team. 

mkm13

Might as well bring Gabe Dean as well to the WRTC to train with Braxton. 

Harris

Quote from: mkm13 on April 08, 2021, 12:40:50 PM
Might as well bring Gabe Dean as well to the WRTC to train with Braxton.

That would be awesome.

bigG

Be a huge get. Man, that would lift some spirits.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

walden_hiker

Quote from: tigerking on April 08, 2021, 11:24:57 AM

Word is they are looking to head back home to one of the Michigan schools.

digimon

Like the title states: "Too Early to" tell