way too early 2021-2022 line up

Started by dad 2 5, February 20, 2021, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Quote from: matrat86 on March 14, 2021, 02:50:41 PM
Quote from: hammer on March 14, 2021, 01:48:49 PM
Quote from: mkm13 on March 14, 2021, 12:59:03 PM
That is certainly a negative outlook for next year. That team would be bad, but it simply doesnt make sense to not include your 4 best wrestlers.

Just looking at what we know as wrestlers that are actually in the room. Wick has been training all around and I hear he is in the AWA room coaching a bit. Hamiti has been wrestling for the Sunkist kids and that is out of the ASU room. Amos I hear has been training out east at times. So those mentioned haven't been actually in the badger room and while I sound negative I am only using wrestlers that I know are actually enrolled. Like I said I certainly hope all 3 are in the line up next year. I also forgot about Hilger who I also hope is back next year. Not being negative just working with what we actually have

On the RTC's Rokfin they posted an interview with Amos a few days ago. From watching that post, it looks like he's in Madison training. You also do realize, Gross and Heaton both compete under the Sunkist name?

This post is almost like saying, I saw your wife talking to another man at church, so she must be cheating.

Unless you know something the rest of us don't know, I'd say your post is almost like throwing spaghetti on the wall and hoping it is al dente.

Not saying anything. Just looking at this years roster and figuring out the starters for next year. Also pointing out where people are training at times. I realize that gross wrestles for Sunkist kid. Is gross out training at ASU also like Hamiti? Dang, some people just get all worked up about really nothing. One can only speculate for next year. I used my speculation on wrestlers that are actually enrolled in school and on the team. Like I stated before I certainly hope those 3 we are talking about will be on the team next but until they step foot into the room or campus it is only speculation. I know nothing about the inner workings or anything. So no gossip either.

PAUL

npope

I can see where hammer is coming from - could happen - but it would be akin to the wheels falling off the cart for Bono. So, given that it is acknowledged as just speculation I too would just take it for what it is...a bad dream. But I would be lying if I said I hadn't had some of those same thoughts...just not all of them at the same time.

Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

BuckyMatt

So every recruit, every athlete taking a redshirt, every athlete taking a grey shirt, and every athlete taking a Olympic redshirt, shouldn't be couldn't in next years lineup, for any college? For any sport?

hammer

Quote from: BuckyMatt on March 14, 2021, 07:54:32 PM
So every recruit, every athlete taking a redshirt, every athlete taking a grey shirt, and every athlete taking a Olympic redshirt, shouldn't be couldn't in next years lineup, for any college? For any sport?

Never said that at all. Wick isnt at school, correct. Amos and Hamiti havent enrolled at Madison yet due to Hamiti is still a high schooler and Amos is on a grey? Shirt year if I am correct. So is Wick thought of as a red shirt, grey shirt or Olympic year? Also outside of grey shirt I believe you can still go to college, correct. Dang people loosen up a bit on this. Just a simple post as to what the Badger have in their room this year to speculate about. Look at the title of the thread! Who knows the Badgers may pull in a monster transfer for next year that will make the lineup tough as nails. Anyone want to say that right now. Between now and next Novemeber alot can change but the one thing is we know who is in the room right now. I dont have a reason as to why the 3 we talk about wouldn't be enrolled in school next year and be on the team.

Harris

If you go look at the twitter accounts of each of the new recruits they are all still coming to Wisconsin.  I think they are all excited to be a part of something big next year and realize they are the nucleus of the team going forward.

Joey Zargo ,Dean Hamiti , Braxton Amos, and Hayden Copass are going to fill in some huge gaps in the line up next year.  Remember those names!  These are high level recruits and Badger fans should be excited.  I am happy they have all found places to train in this crazy covid year. 

If Wick and Weiler come back, this will be a very strong team.  As I said before, I think Wick is going to be super tough next year and I can't wait to see him back in a Badger singlet.  He is a HUGE fan favorite and a team leader.  He is wrestling at a very high level right now.

wrastle63

Quote from: 2TD3NF on March 14, 2021, 03:07:42 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Wick move up to 174.
Think he would do well at 174, but would make for an interesting move for the lineup. Otto at 165? Could Krattiger make it or does he try to move to 184? Does Hamiti go 165? I thought he would more likely be a 57.

dad 2 5

Quote from: hammer on March 14, 2021, 11:31:00 PM
Quote from: BuckyMatt on March 14, 2021, 07:54:32 PM

Never said that at all. Wick isnt at school, correct. Amos and Hamiti havent enrolled at Madison yet due to Hamiti is still a high schooler and Amos is on a grey? Shirt year if I am correct. So is Wick thought of as a red shirt, grey shirt or Olympic year? Also outside of grey shirt I believe you can still go to college, correct. Dang people loosen up a bit on this. Just a simple post as to what the Badger have in their room this year to speculate about. Look at the title of the thread! Who knows the Badgers may pull in a monster transfer for next year that will make the lineup tough as nails. Anyone want to say that right now. Between now and next Novemeber alot can change but the one thing is we know who is in the room right now. I dont have a reason as to why the 3 we talk about wouldn't be enrolled in school next year and be on the team.

+1!

dad 2 5

Quote from: Harris on March 15, 2021, 12:51:13 AM
If you go look at the twitter accounts of each of the new recruits they are all still coming to Wisconsin.  I think they are all excited to be a part of something big next year and realize they are the nucleus of the team going forward.

Joey Zargo ,Dean Hamiti , Braxton Amos, and Hayden Copass are going to fill in some huge gaps in the line up next year.  Remember those names!  These are high level recruits and Badger fans should be excited.  I am happy they have all found places to train in this crazy covid year. 

If Wick and Weiler come back, this will be a very strong team.  As I said before, I think Wick is going to be super tough next year and I can't wait to see him back in a Badger singlet.  He is a HUGE fan favorite and a team leader.  He is wrestling at a very high level right now.

Agree!

Hungus

Joey Zargo ,Dean Hamiti , Braxton Amos, and Hayden Copass all signed NLI
I would assume if they were not coming they would have to be released from that and would be big news on FLO
You're killing me Smalls!!!

wrastle63

Quote from: heavy9278 on March 15, 2021, 12:49:16 PM
Joey Zargo ,Dean Hamiti , Braxton Amos, and Hayden Copass all signed NLI
I would assume if they were not coming they would have to be released from that and would be big news on FLO
How dare you assume that kids who all signed NLI are actually coming to the school they signed with.
No mention of any of these wrestlers on a Flo article from today.
https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6883842-2021-ncaa-d1-transfer-tracker

These are HS kids, but they seem pretty committed to me lol  ::)
https://twitter.com/thebraxtonamos?lang=en
https://twitter.com/hdino42?lang=en
https://twitter.com/copass59?lang=en
https://twitter.com/joseph_zargo?lang=en

PAUL

Harris for Governor, or Senator, or President! 

Harris

BuckyMatt

Great Bono interview of Evan Wick about his Olympic Gap year and what he's looking forward to next year!

https://rokfin.com/post/34591?fbclid=IwAR17LVahDTeTK9v3clKXjP95gd8r_Dqymk5FnAM-9IaIIG9HcSaATBM34oM

Harris

That's what I'm talking about!  Great interview to put the gossip to rest.  This gap year has been awesome for his development and you can see it when you watch him wrestle.  I love how he said he has one more shot and he wants to make it count.  Very exciting.  Thanks for posting BuckyMatt.