Christmas/New years foods

Started by bigG, December 20, 2018, 09:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

I'm already pretty stout; but the goodies at Christmas/NYE tend to stout me up even more.

I'm not a big sweet eater; but homemade turtles (caramel, pecans, chocolate) really hit me right. Ham/pickle rolls, Christmas cookies, A nice prime rib and some shimps. Warm and fuzzy, baby! Heck, I still like the grape jelly meatballs.

Whatchyouseguys like at the holiday break?
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

JalapeƱo Jelly - Cream cheese and jelly on a Ritz cracker , little sweet and a little heat with smoothness of cream cheese.

Today- 8# Bone In Prime Rib Roast from Maplewood meats.

Yesterday I ground up fresh garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Mixed with a light seasoning mix and rubbed it on thick then vacuumed sealed the Roast. I will high temp sear (500 deg+) the outside of the Roast on my Mini-max then cook it on the Big Green Egg at 325 until the center reads 135. Pull it wrap it let it rest for 20 minutes. The roast will be basted with a mix of seasoning and garlic infused real butter twice during the cooking process.

Twice Baked potato casserole. Yum Yum

Lemon Berry Pie ............Fresh and creamy goodness.

Almost forgot annual tradition Smoked salmon Pate' made with cream cheese, Tabasco just a little horseradish and lemon juice and couple of shakes Worcestershire sauce . Mix it all together roll it in chopped pecans and serves with crackers. yum yum yum

bigG

I think that the standing rib roast is the greatest thing. Just the perfect holiday meat. All of the pepper sauces I make, I've never made jale jelly. Cream cheese, sweet and heat. I love the idea.

I do make the twice baked casserole. This is my wife's favorite food.

Tonight (since I work the jail today) I only have time for Tbones, colossal shrimp, the twice baked casserole and sauteed green beans. It's who I'm eating it all with that makes it special. :)

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on December 24, 2018, 10:39:07 AM
I think that the standing rib roast is the greatest thing. Just the perfect holiday meat. All of the pepper sauces I make, I've never made jale jelly. Cream cheese, sweet and heat. I love the idea.

I do make the twice baked casserole. This is my wife's favorite food.

Tonight (since I work the jail today) I only have time for Tbones, colossal shrimp, the twice baked casserole and sauteed green beans. It's who I'm eating it all with that makes it special. :)

Amen to that Merry Christmas 🎄

bigG

Merry Christmas, buddy. Hope your family is together and well.

Here's my song for today (working 12 in jail).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Ig33jctXs

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

maggie

Merry Christmas to all you Hard Core Wrestling Fans !     :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

Quote from: maggie on December 25, 2018, 08:51:15 AM

Merry Christmas to you and to the Family Maggie.......

bigG

Quote from: maggie on December 25, 2018, 08:51:15 AM

Right back atchya, big guy. Enjoy every minute!

Houndhead

I'm a big fan of just having appetizers and grazing all day, but this year we went with a prime rib for Christmas eve with the kids and grandkids. Still had a stable of appetizers so I was full by the time the prime was done. Bagel dip, Bacon cheddar ranch roll-ups, meatballs, cheese and venison sausage, cheesy potatoes. All was great. We are blessed as our family continues to expand every year.

bigG

That's some quality time, there.

I'm with you on the appetizer thing; especially Christmas eve and day. I always make a generous ham, though. Just NEED it at breakfast Christmas morning.

NY eve, we always have T bones w/mushrooms, etc. Just what we do. My 2 rugrats are both in college; so I look forward to their rugrats someday.

You sure do feel blessed to have the family all together. My dad just passed in October, so we all visited my mom in Sun City, AZ. Really gave her what she needed. She gets golf shrimp for a great price that are amazing. No gifts, no black Friday, no visit from Santa, just healthy/happy family...the greatest gift.

One of these years, I gotta do a prime rib, though. That's one we all can agree on that we love in my house. My daughter and wife could eat cheesy potatoes with every meal, if they could. I think venison sausage/cheese has become ubiquitous in our state. Must have.

Glad to hear your family is doing well and growing. Nice to know others share the peace on earth.