Dessert what's your favorite?

Started by ramjet, April 27, 2018, 08:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

I think Raspberry short cake with whipped cream is my all time favorite. Fresh raspberries make the best.  

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigG

Not much of a sweetie; but a well-made cheesecake, to me, is IT.  Homemade iced cream a close second. We have a super cool Ed. Aid at school, though, that makes ice cream cake that is magnifff.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

Had some home ,add cheese cake tonight at a party for a retirement party. Yes it is one of those delectable deserts that is at the top o' the heap.

bigG

I'm a fair home cook; but there are a select few of we humans who have the cheesecake gift. I ain't one.

imnofish

Cheesecake...   especially one that includes some chocolate!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Yeah, you can keep the canned cherries and that. Gimme chocolate!!

ramjet

But fresh Cherries reduced for cheese cake are delectable.

imnofish

Compromise...    Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

ramjet

bigG

Quote from: ramjet on April 30, 2018, 06:04:58 PM

Oh, I'm all over any fresh berry. Blue, rasp, straw...if it ends in -berry, I like it already, 'cept fer "dingle."

Canned cherries, though, or that canned apple stuff. Not for me.

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on May 01, 2018, 08:42:37 AM

Oh, I'm all over any fresh berry. Blue, rasp, straw...if it ends in -berry, I like it already, 'cept fer "dingle."

Agree the canned stuff has way to much corn syrup.

Fresh raspberries are fantastic. Slight tart is a good thing.

bigG

Quote from: ramjet on May 01, 2018, 08:32:05 PM

So much corn syrup you can't taste the actual fruit. Totally drowns out any tartness. That's what you want when you combine fruit with almost any dessert, a little tart to offset the sweet. Fresh any berries are fantastic when they're fresh. I've got nice raspberries in the yard. Never get sick of 'em. One of my neighbors planted oodles of blackberries on the side of the ditch up the road from me. All the neighbors sing praises to the woman that made that move.

Asparagus season is fast approaching. Smell-it-in-your-pee goodness.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on May 02, 2018, 07:16:11 AM
Quote from: ramjet on May 01, 2018, 08:32:05 PM

So much corn syrup you can't taste the actual fruit. Totally drowns out any tartness. That's what you want when you combine fruit with almost any dessert, a little tart to offset the sweet. Fresh any berries are fantastic when they're fresh. I've got nice raspberries in the yard. Never get sick of 'em. One of my neighbors planted oodles of blackberries on the side of the ditch up the road from me. All the neighbors sing praises to the woman that made that move.

Asparagus season is fast approaching. Smell-it-in-your-pee goodness.

"Smell-it-in-your-pee goodness.  LOL!  Love the stuff! Just keep that asper grass outa' my cheesecake!