Finally

Started by woody53, August 24, 2016, 04:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

After a life time of being involved with racing, I have been asked to help a NASCAR Xfinity Team this weekend at Road America as a Spotter and Coach. I will be working with JD Motorsports and drivers Ross Chastain, Ryan Preece, and Garrett Smithley.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

MarkK

Alright Woody, before you know it you'll be setting up the joint
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

smitty71

So are you still "working" the state tournament or are you big-timing us?!
What I had I gave, what I saved I lost forever!

imwi

I don't know what any of that means Woody but I know you are in to wrestling and it sounds like a big deal so I'm happy for you!

woody53

Most that know me, know that my two loves besides my Faith and Family are Wrestling and Racing. I have gone as far as I can in Wrestling. And at 56, I have reach as far as I will as a driver. To be asked by a Nascar Team to help out younger drivers at a Track I have a lot of experience at, Feels good.
Oh and I will still be at State.

bigoil

If you need any infield or paddock club spotting let me know, I'll be the guy with a brat in my hand. I'll also be having a beer down on the lake deck in Elkhart Lake.

dad 2 5

I missed this. How did it go? Pretty excite I am guessing. Glad you got the opportunity!

woody53

It went really well. I spotted for Ryan Preece. Two time Nascar Whelen Modified Champ who has transitioned  to the Xfinity Series this year. They asked me back for next year and asked if I was willing to travel to Mid-Ohio.

littleguy301

congrates to you woody!!!!!

I sure hope you had some fun doing this!!!!!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

woody53

Had another great weekend racing over at Gringerman Raceway in South Haven Michigan. Ran the Enduro Race and finished 6th overall with a Win in Spec Miata.That is 50 class wins for me in 26 years of racing. Getting closer to retiring.