Wolf River Walleye Run

Started by Goat Roper, March 17, 2016, 03:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goat Roper

http://www.wolfrivercam.com/

Little early yet.  Shiocton 1 has lots of Redhorse with an occasional Walleye.

bigG

I'm hoping next weekend will give up some walleye, I'm hitting the Miss on Thursday and Petenwell on Friday.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Thanks for posting this, Goat.  I look forward to this, every spring.   8)  I just saw a really nice walleye on S. #1.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

I just love that. I hafta be careful with that. I could be a river potato, if I'm not careful.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on March 22, 2016, 09:09:17 PM
I just love that. I hafta be careful with that. I could be a river potato, if I'm not careful.

Don't want your fries to get soggy. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigG

It is just fascinating. Those underwater cams you can by for ice fishing just mesmerize me.

imnofish

When my kids were young, they loved putting a tarp over their heads and peering down the ice hole.  Saw lots of fish and the small aquatic organisms they fed on.   8)

imnofish

Lots of walleyes on cameras S1 and S2 today (noon).   8)

bigG

Any love over the weekend? Caught some little guys on the Fort Saturday; but not much for the dinner late.

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

No perch. Mississippi is still 9' up. Fort McCoy, Squaw Lake has a few fish in it before they open up the campground.