Year 1 Schedule

Started by CLC FAN, October 11, 2015, 07:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLC FAN

Quote from: Ohio Wisconsin on January 24, 2016, 01:34:45 AM
Great prediction Gutwrench. so with the conference tourney coming up any precitions on conference champs? Obviously Random will run away with it.  However  it could be interesting with the next four teams with cedar grove, reedsville, Oostburg and Random. im interested to see who comes out in second.  Who does everyone have??

Just by context, I'm assuming Ohio Wisconsin meant to say Elkhart here.  That's the way I read it, anyway.  It would be crazy to talk about the top 5 teams and not have EL/HG in that discussion.  Could be pretty evenly spread amongst Random Lake, Cedar Grove, Reedsville, and Elkhart Lake/Howards Grove as far as champs go.  Every team seems to have 2-3 "locks" followed by the possibility of 3 or more other champs if they wrestle well.

hasbeen

Quote from: hasbeen on January 05, 2016, 03:23:32 PM
Quote from: CLC FAN on January 05, 2016, 12:16:30 PM
Week 7

Looks like 2nd - 5th place will be decided by these duals.  Any predictions on which teams finish where?

CG-B should be able to top Oostburg for the first time in I don't know how long. Then I'd say Reedsville over Oost & EL-HG. They can pick up a lot of bonus points if they have all of their kids. Not sure where a couple have been the last few weeks...? Oost should be able to hang on for 4th place though.

Well I underestimated EL/HG on this one. Nice victory for them over Oostburg. I stick with my earlier prediction of Reedsville finishing in 3rd place though. Thursday night will decide that. It should be about 11 on 11 from the lineups I've been seeing from the two lately. Depending how they move kids around there should be about 9 matches and I see Reedsville winning 6. Should be about a 20 point win.

Reedsville will give CG-B a run for 2nd place at the conference tournament in a couple weeks...

CLC FAN

Man CG has depth this year.  No I Brockman, took some close losses, and still beat Oo handily.  Impressive stuff. 

Does anybody have results for Oz vs Mish? 

ELG

It is great to see the depth that C.G. has. They have done a great job of building their program up.  In regards to conference duals it was a 2 team race this season between Random and Cedar. No one came close to either team and Random defeated Cedar by a healthy margin with some very close matches that could have gone the other way. Conference tournament will be exciting.

hasbeen

I agree. The tournament should be exciting. RL will most likely run away with it, but 2nd place will be a 3 way race. Reedsville will have a pile in the finals. If they can keep their open weights to no more than 3 I think they should be able to overtake CG for 2nd. The Rockets might still be without Isaac Brockman who is out with a knee injury. That is a big blow to their chances, but as CLC commented they do at least have a back-up at 132 to earn some points. EL/HG will most likely have a couple champs and have added some depth since the beginning of the year. They'll need a few of their kids to come through with 3rds instead of 4ths to give them a chance at 2nd as a team.
I'm looking forward to it. I only wish all this discussion was about a 3 way race for 1st instead of 2nd. That would make it even more fun. We're getting there...

Bandit

Conference champions predictions:

106-Brockman-CGB
113-Depies-RL
120-Gonwa-CGB
126-Ward-ELGHG
132-Luis-RL
138-Spatchek-RD
145-Friar-OO
152-Roffers-RD
160-Kocourek-RD
170-Vandenbush-RL
182-Brouillette-RL
195-Huiras-RL
220-Knier-RD
285-Capitelli-RD

1st-Random Lake
2nd-Reedsville
3rd-Cedar Grove
4th-Elkart Lake
5th-Oostburg

CLC FAN

EL/HG downs Reedsville 39-35.  Based on trackwrestling, it seems like a pretty entertaining dual, with EL/HG making up an 8 point deficit in the last 2 matches.  Reedsville did win 4 of 7 wrestled matches - and they seem to be without Marie Wedepohl and Brandon Stelzer.

No matter what - a great win for Elkhart.

hasbeen

Wow. I counted EL/HG out twice now and was way wrong both times! My Oostburg prediction was just a stab in the dark without actually even looking at the matchups, but this one I kinda thought I had figured out. RD may have won with Stelzer in the line-up, but no where near the 20 pts I predicted. I didn't see the win by Roll at 285 coming. I had a pin figured the other way. Great job EL/HG. Nice to see the turn-around in the new conference this year. RL still on top, but CG-B and EL/HG taking the next 2 spots in the dual season.

paintortureagony

Being the first year in this conference I am very surprised by the quality of the teams top to bottom.  Out of Random Lake, Cedar Grove, Reedsville, Elkarte Lake, and Oosturg, those 5 teams have quality teams that make all the dual meets this year hard to predict.  Should be a fun Conference tourney to watch on Saturday.  And with the quality, we won't see complete domination by one team which is a welcome sight, coming from the Olympian in which Wrightstown wins just about every year.

paintortureagony

Conference Tournament Predictions:

106: A. Brockman Cedar Grove
113: J. Depies Random Lake
120: A Gonwa Cedar Grove
126: M. Ward Elkarte Lake
132: C. Luis Random Lake
138: A. Spatchek Reedsville
145: G. Vandenbush Random Lake
152: I. Roffers Reedsville
160: D. Kocourek Reedsville
170: H. Vandenbush Random Lake
182: Chase Brouillette Random Lake
195: M. Griffey Reedsville
220: C. Knier Reedsville
285: D. Gjertson Cedar Grove

Total Champs:
Reedsville- 5
Random Lake- 5
Cedar Grove- 3
Elkarte Lake- 1

CLC FAN

I'd say you are short-changing Trent Rebedew a bit... though I'm not sure what weight he lands at... 138?  145?  I also think that Jonah Frier may crack through for Oostburg to have a champ. 

I'm looking forward to a lot of the rematches of some close ones...
132 Brockman and Luis (1 point match)
138 Just about everybody won or lost close
152 Roffers and Kohn (1 point)
195 Griffey and Huiras (Double OT)
220 Drenski and Knier (Back and forth match)
285 Gjertson and Hiller (2 point match; then a 1 point match)

hasbeen

I agree with Rebedew at 138 and Frier at 145. Although that's why you do predictions right? If you just pick the top seed at each weight that would be no fun.

CLC FAN

Congrats to the Big East Champions

106 Abel Brockman CG
113 Josh Depies RL
120 Adam Gonwa CG
126 Max Ward  EL/HG
132 Cesar Luis RL
138 Trent Rebedew EL/HG
145 Jonah Frier Oo
152 Isaac Roffers Reeds
160 Daniel Koucerek Reeds
170 Helton Vandenbush RL
182 Chase Brouillette RL
195 Hunter Huiras RL
220 Cole Knier Reeds
285 Jarrett Hiller RL

Outstanding Wrestler of the Big East Tournament: Trent Rebedew 138 lbs.

Team Finishes at the Tournament
1. Random Lake
2. Reedsville
3. Cedar Grove
4. Elkhart Lake/Howards Grove
5. Oostburg
6. Mishicot
7. Ozaukee
8. Manitowoc Lutheran/Roncalli

Overall Final Standings (combines duals and tournament)
1. Random Lake (37 pts)
2. Cedar Grove  (30 pts)
3. Reedsville (26 pts)
4. Elkhart Lake/Howards Grove  (25 pts)
5. Oostburg  (17 pts)
6. Mishicot  (12 pts)
7. Ozaukee  (7 pts)
8. Manitowoc Lutheran/Roncalli  (2 pts)

The process for accumulating points towards winning the Conference Championship is... 3 points for every conference dual win.  16 points for 1st place finish at Big East Tournament, 14 points for 2nd, 12 points for 3rd, 10 points for 4th, 8 points for 5th, 6 points for 6th, 4 points for 7th and 2 points for 8th.