New Technology

Started by subzero, January 07, 2014, 06:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

subzero

What Technology in your life time was life changing? What item made a big change in the way you lived?
Hooah

Kjohnson

I think the "Walkman". It was the first personal item that was available to people.   The PC computer happen later, but  the Walkman was the first item that the common person could buy.

imnofish

1) Television.  It was invented in the form marketed to homeowners in the 40's, but I never saw one until the mid-50's (Live TV was a hoot!)  Eventually, color TV was even better!

2) Microchip

3) Magnetron (produces microwaves)

4) Laser technology

5) Fiber Optics

6) Spectra fishing line

7) Charmin

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Quilted Northern

The super-tough rubber dog toy you can plant peanut butter in

Caste-Iron

Mexican grocery store

truck

I can't think of too many things in terms of modern tech that have really made my life easier.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

I'd say your 19000 posts would say you utilize at least one of the newer technologies.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

Quote from: bigG on January 12, 2014, 04:20:42 PM
Quilted Northern

Caste-Iron

Mexican grocery store

truck

I can't think of too many things in terms of modern tech that have really made my life easier.

I would think, maybe just me, but doesnt Quilted Northern (which I love!!!!!) goes hand in hand with anything with the word Mexican in? I mean no insult but Mexican food makes me........... ;)

I love the truck and big trucks also (CDL types) and cast iron is good but try to weld that stuff!!!!!!!!!!

I do like the naked lady giver (computer) ;D

I think for  me the one thing I have gotten to like is......texting....not that I dont do much of it but it is handy at times though I still believe in the old face to face talking!!!!!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on January 12, 2014, 04:20:42 PM
Quilted Northern

Caste-Iron

Mexican grocery store

truck

You forgot FIRE!   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigG

I so take it for granted, I forgot. I make fire all year. Pyro in me. Love just a cracklin' campfire. Also love a WOODERBURNER that makes heat. 74 degrees right now. I'm getting cold. :)

imnofish

Right now, I'm loving the big screen television and BTN!  Just finished watching an awesome meet between Minnesota and Penn State! 

bigG

BTN wrestling is life-changing.

Preparation H (again with the Mexican food)

PTO

Trailer hitch

Did I mention caste iron?