My lucky day

Started by Kjohnson, March 09, 2013, 04:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjohnson

Kids phone went bad this week. Went to US Cellular and the phone is still under warranty. 

My son and I are watching TV and we hear a very loud pop and a burning smell and the TV goes dead. Take the TV back to American and I found out I bought an extended warranty and the TV will be fixed for free. I have never before bought an extended warranty.

Two technology items go bad and it doesn

TomM

Somewhere there are two irritated industry executives.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Kjohnson

The phone my son has is a basic flip phone that sells in the store for $20 when you upgrade your phone. Why not just give him a new phone, is it really worth fixing?

I was already for a good argument on both items. And instead they fix them at no cost. Not happy that they both broke at less than 2 years

Makes me wonder if I should always buy the extended warranty?  Years back most consumer groups (Consumer Report, and others) said extended warranty were a waste of money and a money maker for the store.

I haven

Kjohnson

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Kjohnson

My son got a free year of Sirius radio, when his contract was up I figured they would just stop service, but instead they did an automatic renew. I called and said cancel the service, they offered a

mickey

I've always bought extended warranties for all of my power tools and have never used any of them as I've never needed them until now.....I have a craftsman 16 inch chain saw that I purchased new in 1980 but I can't find the warranty  ::)  The cogs on the drive sprocket are wore down. Do you think they still have the part? and will they warranty it ?   :-\

Todd

Quote from: TomM on March 09, 2013, 05:15:44 PM
Somewhere there are two irritated industry executives.

They forgot to add a zero to that self destruct timer!
"This page intentionally left blank".

Todd

Quote from: Kjohnson on July 06, 2013, 02:17:26 PM
My son got a free year of Sirius radio, when his contract was up I figured they would just stop service, but instead they did an automatic renew. I called and said cancel the service, they offered a
"This page intentionally left blank".