this weekend

Started by dad 2 5, January 07, 2011, 04:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

That's where I learned how to drive stick when my brother was working on the Ted Musgrave car.  Fun times.

They may need rain/snow tires this weekend though!
"This page intentionally left blank".

dad 2 5

ARCA Midwest Tour roar into Madison International Speedway this weekend!

Practice on Saturday is free and racing Sunday at 2:30.

Qualifying at 1:00.

Trucks and Legends also racing.

dad 2 5

Lots of great racing this weekend in and around Wisconsin including new reopening of Tomah and the Mid Am guys, super lates at Dells (Saturday) and Golden Sands (Monday) plus Big 8 Monday at Columbus, Slinger (Sunday), Rockford (Saturday); LaX (Saturday and that is just the paved. Plenty of dirt out there too this weekend. Support a local track this weekend

Todd

Quote from: dad 2 5 on May 23, 2013, 09:13:09 PM
Lots of great racing this weekend in and around Wisconsin including new reopening of Tomah and the Mid Am guys, super lates at Dells (Saturday) and Golden Sands (Monday) plus Big 8 Monday at Columbus, Slinger (Sunday), Rockford (Saturday); LaX (Saturday and that is just the paved. Plenty of dirt out there too this weekend. Support a local track this weekend

+1

bigoil

Quote from: Todd on May 23, 2013, 10:22:20 PM

+1

Probably a tribute or two to Dick Trickle.

dad 2 5

Quote from: howavi on May 24, 2013, 05:28:55 AM
Quote from: Todd on May 23, 2013, 10:22:20 PM

+1

Probably a tribute or two to Dick Trickle.

yes there were (Trickle tributes)

rain out today at Columbus and checking on others

Open wheel had a sad weekend and several families lost loved ones. We should be praying for the families and friends of Josh Burton in Indiana;  Leroy Kay and David Richardson in Reno, NV.

bigoil

Porsche weekend at Elkhart.

woody53

Quote from: howavi on May 28, 2013, 05:38:54 PM
Porsche weekend at Elkhart.
Oh yah ! There will be three cars up there that I have had the honor of racing. Won't be there myself, but this will be a great road race weekend if you have never experienced one.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

bigoil

It was, this week is super bike week. Great racing and my son caught a monster Muskie, doesn't get much better.

dad 2 5

Dells Raceway Park has ARCA Midwest Tour on Saturday. Should be a great show like the old ARTGO days of the past.

dad 2 5

Madison International Speedway has firework (great show and up close!) plus Big 8 racing, trucks and vintage cars. Should be a great evening!

Todd

Went to Slinger last weekend and it was a good show.  In the Slinger Bee division they have  a 10 year old racing, he won one of the heat races.  There are still some of the old regulars and a couple decent new late model drivers.  They've added figure 8 bus racing since the last time I was there, interesting.

This week is also fireworks night Sunday.  In the past they lit them from the infield and the fireworks never really got high enough and people in the stands were scrambling to avoid burning embers.  From what I hear, they've moved the fireworks behind the access road behind the backstretch. 

Slinger Nationals are coming up too.  I heard they renamed them The Dick Trickle Miller Light Nationals.

dad 2 5

I have heard it will be a good number of cars and some ringers coming in. Plus the cool pay out $9999.99 and I think start is $999.99. It should be a good one. Busch is been tough to beat there (broke last year going to the front)

Todd

Quote from: dad 2 5 on June 28, 2013, 10:41:42 AM
I have heard it will be a good number of cars and some ringers coming in. Plus the cool pay out $9999.99 and I think start is $999.99. It should be a good one. Busch is been tough to beat there (broke last year going to the front)

I'm in the anybody but Busch camp.  Ugh!

dad 2 5

Slinger national are tomorrow (Tuesday).
Next Tuesday -- THE MILE! Mid AM; Big 8; ARCA Trucks; Vintage; ARCA Midwest Tour