Jason Leffler killed tonight in Sprint Car Crash

Started by Todd, June 12, 2013, 11:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

"This page intentionally left blank".

dad 2 5

it is very sad. That is the fourth open wheel death in the last three or four week.

woody53

Very tough to see anyone in our sport lose their life. Got to meet him twice. From the old mold of a racer. Could drive anything with wheels. RIP Lefturn.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Todd

Never met Jason but my brother who works in racing really liked him and everyone in the garage loved him and said what a great father he was.  I feel awful that Charlie lost his daddy.  One of the Cup guys said they will make sure that "The Racing Family" will make sure that Charlie understands what a great person and father Jason was.

RIP.

woody53

It can happen at all levels of motorsports. We lost one of our Vintage Formula Vee drivers over the weekend at Blackhawk Farms Raceway. Just an everyday guy like myself who likes to race on the weekends. They haven't officially released his name yet.

Todd

Quote from: woody53 on June 17, 2013, 02:29:11 PM
It can happen at all levels of motorsports. We lost one of our Vintage Formula Vee drivers over the weekend at Blackhawk Farms Raceway. Just an everyday guy like myself who likes to race on the weekends. They haven't officially released his name yet.

I'm sorry for your loss Rich.  Were you there?  Take care.

woody53

Wasn't there. Stayed home this last weekend for Fathers Day. Only knew him in passing. Would love to race a Formula car someday, but this is my biggest fear that your head is so exposed to freak accidents like this.

Todd

Hey Rich, I didn't get a chance to thank you but Thank You for posting that link to major causes of death for racing injuries, it was very informative.  I wish Leffler would have had the upgraded seat so he wouldn't have been thrown around so much in the car.  The technology is there but it wasn't used.

So sorry to hear about your racing loss.