Facebook

Started by Kjohnson, April 21, 2013, 06:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjohnson

Facebook

Twice this month I have had 2 of my

imnofish

Between these types of problems and those determined to provide perpetual drama, I became convinced that FAKEBOOK was more trouble than it was worth.  Dropped it several months ago and I'm still happy with my decision.  No more problems of either type!   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Kjohnson

Quote from: imnofish on April 21, 2013, 11:26:29 AM
Between these types of problems and those determined to provide perpetual drama, I became convinced that FAKEBOOK was more trouble than it was worth.  Dropped it several months ago and I'm still happy with my decision.  No more problems of either type!   8)

I'm not a fan of Facebook, but my kids are and even though they are adults, I still like to keep track of them

imnofish

Quote from: Kjohnson on April 21, 2013, 01:03:34 PM

I'm not a fan of Facebook, but my kids are and even though they are adults, I still like to keep track of them

I know it's handy that way.  My kids are so busy chasing after their own kids that they really don't have time for it, though.  Hey, if it works for you, go for it!   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Kjohnson

Quote from: imnofish on April 21, 2013, 11:15:08 PM

I know it's handy that way.  My kids are so busy chasing after their own kids that they really don't have time for it, though.  Hey, if it works for you, go for it!   8)

The trouble is, I don't think it's working.

Someone gets to my Facebook "friend" list and sends me bogus emails. I don't understand why. I did notice when I listed something on Craig's list I got a bunch of stupid email. Maybe it's the new junk mail and they don't even have to buy a stamp

imnofish

Quote from: Kjohnson on April 22, 2013, 04:51:01 AM
Quote from: imnofish on April 21, 2013, 11:15:08 PM

The trouble is, I don't think it's working.

Someone gets to my Facebook "friend" list and sends me bogus emails. I don't understand why. I did notice when I listed something on Craig's list I got a bunch of stupid email. Maybe it's the new junk mail and they don't even have to buy a stamp

That has been a huge problem with FAKEBOOK.  One of my high school buddies makes his living writing science articles, science fiction stories/novels, plus books/articles on running and cycling.  He also manages a couple of websites.  He is very tech savvy and one of the smartest guys I've ever known, yet he has had repeated problems with viruses and spyware because of FBook.  Since I dropped it, such experiences have not been happening to me.  There is some support available within FBook.  Have you explored that?

padre

padre

The one thing about Facebook that does make me wonder is the an incident I have had twice in the last 2 years where I get a notification that they ask you if you have tried to access your account in a different manner and you have to check it out and let them know if it is OK.

One time someone was trying to access my account from Georgia and one time from Florida.  Both times I ended that connection and changed my password.  I am unsure if this is how they get the SPAM through your account or not, but it makes you wonder.

Kjohnson

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Kjohnson

When I log in I have to give FaceBook my email. I guess that is where the problem happened.

bkraus

Have your friend that it came from change his password.  It should alleviate this problem.
Strive for Perfection