now a phone scam

Started by Kjohnson, May 13, 2013, 12:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjohnson

My wife got the following call on her cell.

Received  call from this number from PC SERVICE MASTERS. Broken English accent caller stated my IP had sent error messages to the "global server" that I had uploaded a virus. Call him back.

Scam scam and more scams.

I googled the toll free number and found a lot of other people with the same phone number scam.

TomM

Was at my dads house over the weekend.  Friday he rec'd a call, I answered.  Man/caller notified me "We are attempting to deliver your 'life alert' system"  .... I immediately told him "We don't need it' and hung up.  We had ordered nothing.
Read Saturday, this is a scam.
http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/pi/wisconsin-seniors-hit-with-medical-alarm-scam-nk9tm9k-207071281.html
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

Quote from: TomM on May 13, 2013, 01:11:37 PM
Was at my dads house over the weekend.  Friday he rec'd a call, I answered.  Man/caller notified me "We are attempting to deliver your 'life alert' system"  .... I immediately told him "We don't need it' and hung up.  We had ordered nothing.
Read Saturday, this is a scam.
http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/pi/wisconsin-seniors-hit-with-medical-alarm-scam-nk9tm9k-207071281.html

My father has received several of the same calls and responded to each of them as your father did.  My wife constantly gets calls from "health insurance" sales people, since she became disabled.  Apparently, the "no-call list" is a joke.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bkraus

Quote from: Kjohnson on May 13, 2013, 12:19:13 PM
My wife got the following call on her cell.

Received  call from this number from PC SERVICE MASTERS. Broken English accent caller stated my IP had sent error messages to the "global server" that I had uploaded a virus. Call him back.

Scam scam and more scams.

I googled the toll free number and found a lot of other people with the same phone number scam.

You've been having a crazy run of technology problems lately
Strive for Perfection