I

Started by Kjohnson, May 04, 2013, 02:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjohnson

Actually my son had his debit card number hacked. Lucky the credit union notified us. They saw that purchases were being made in California, Washington & Arkansas.  Only one purchase went through, the other 10 were approved at the store but denied by the CU. He got a new card and after filling out a few forms we wont be out any money.

If these people would work this hard at an honest job,  they would make a lot more money.

CU told us to check our online account every other day.

bigoil

Co-workers husband had his cc duplicated. They didn't just steal his number, they made a new one.

imnofish

My wife had her credit card number stolen, but the card company caught it early and shut them down.  She was alerted and issued a new card number.  It didn't cost her a dime.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Kjohnson

Quote from: imnofish on May 04, 2013, 03:09:33 PM
My wife had her credit card number stolen, but the card company caught it early and shut them down.  She was alerted and issued a new card number.  It didn't cost her a dime.

A BIG PAIN IN THE ......

imnofish

Quote from: Kjohnson on May 04, 2013, 04:13:28 PM
Quote from: imnofish on May 04, 2013, 03:09:33 PM

A BIG PAIN IN THE ......

No kidding!  Several years ago, someone stole her wallet from her purse, while she was shopping.  A mad scramble ensued to keep anyone from cashing in.  We were successful, but what a giant pain in the dupa!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

We had ours swiped about 8 years ago. Someone in Italy was living high off the hog. Glad I didn't have to pay for it, in the end.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Roo

I purchased fraud protection 2 years ago. I do all my banking on-line and with the number of online purchases increasing etc. I thought it prudent. They have stopped 2 instances of "impropriety" so far.  it's only like $75.00 a year I think for my entire Family.....in today's world it's a necessity I think...just like Auto or Home insurance.

I use the stuff offered by Zander Insurance...available on-line.