this weekend

Started by dad 2 5, January 07, 2011, 04:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

MIS (Madison International Speedway) Classic is this Friday and Saturday. Two big nights of racing as the final show of the year.

woody53

Todd, hope you have a great weekend at MIS. I will be at Road America for the SCCA Runoffs, National Championships. I have 12 of my students racing in ten of the 28 classes being contested.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

dad 2 5

That will be a blast! RA is a great track!!! I know you will have a great time up there.

MIS also has one on one spectator races tonight too along with fireworks.

woody53

The season comes to an end this weekend. Last race of the year down at Blackhawk Farms Raceway. "That Looong Race". 100 miles to decide the season championships in all the classes. All I have to do is finish and the H-Production Championship is mine. Thanks to all on here who have encouraged me this year.

Ghetto

Just drive really slow. That's the ticket.  ;D

Congrats.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

woody53

Wish it was that simple Ghetto. As soon as you back off, you get out of your rhythm, and that is when things happen. I am looking at it just like a wrestling tournament. My next opponent is someone I should easily beat, but if I coast and save strength for the next match, that is when I could be beat. Go out and go for everything, that is what my plans are.

dad 2 5

Rich, stay safe and bring another one home! Hope it goes well.

WISCwrestlingfan

Best of luck woody!  Kick butt and take names!
It's a great day for wrestling! :D

woody53

Was a strange day. Fought a brake issue the whole race. Turns out I had an oil leak that would spray on the right front brake caliper on left hand turns.  :-\ Still able to get a class win and wrapped up the H-Production Championship. ;D
Scary incident in the race before mine. One of our long time racers, Matt Lagassie, suffered a heart attack during the race. Impacted the tire wall at turn six. The rescue crews were able to revive him before the Medflight chopper took him to the hospital. Last I heard he was doing well.

bigoil

I heard on the news a death occurred at the Columbus 151 speedway. Stay safe forum racers!

WISCwrestlingfan

Quote from: howavi on October 30, 2011, 09:28:51 PMI heard on the news a death occurred at the Columbus 151 speedway. Stay safe forum racers!

I think it was an enduro race, I heard he had a heart attack prior to the crash.
It's a great day for wrestling! :D

dad 2 5

Yes Tom Novoso, former Lake Geneva competitor, was in an 8 cly enduro. Our prayers go out to the family and friends of Tom and those at 151. Also about a month ago Scott Ollerman died (not in a racing event). I should have mentioned this earlier but was tied up with Oktoberfest in LaCrosse. Scott was a multiple time champ in super lates (Dells, MIS). He was very close to the Morrissey (#39) team that won the ASA Midwest Tour Championship. Scott and I had a lot of good conversation's over the years. Both Tom and Scott will be missed.   

woody53

Bitter sweet day today. Midwestern Council has it's annual Championship Banquet tonight in Waukesha. Truly looking forward to it. We were hoping that Matt would be able to join us as he has been rehabilitating from his cardiac event at the last race of the year. Just wasn't to be. Matt "Mad Matt" Lagassie, passed this morning, with his family and friends around him. A great racer and will be missed by all that ever had the chance to meet him.

dad 2 5

the local season starts next weekend in Rockford for the Spring Classic Sunday. Practice today and next Saturday. Rockford really needs good crowds this year. Make the plans now. Go to http://www.rockfordspeedway.com/ for details

dad 2 5

Mid Am, Big 8 and Vintage on the high banks of Rockford this weekend.