Kelly Bires tonight on ESPN 2

Started by millert, June 09, 2007, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

Just locked himself into the field in qualifying. Will start 32nd.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

dad 2 5

Was it a start and park? I think I saw him back in the field.

woody53

Yup! Both Rensi Motorsports entries were start and parks at Daytona.

dad 2 5

hopefully they turn him lose soon (to run a full race, I mean)!

woody53

Great interview with Kelly at nascarnews.com
www.thenascarnews.com/2011/03/31/in-the-drivers-seat-with-kelly-bires/

woody53

WOW! Bires will be behind the wheel of the #18, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota, at Richmond and Chicagoland Speedway. Awesome opportunity for Kelly. This is the car normally driven by Kyle Busch in the Nationwide Series. ICP (International Compfort Products) will be on board as the sponsor. They have teamed up with Kelly in the past.

woody53

Guess I should have put the dates in. Richmond is April 29th and Chicago is June 4th.

woody53

Bires was 5th fastest in first practice today at Richmond.

woody53

Kelly will start 8th tonight at Richmond. Picked up a little on his qualifying speed from practice. Looked like a conservative line for qualifying. Should be able to have a top 5 tonight. For sure a top ten if he doesn't have problems.

woody53

Bad night. Not what he needed. Running in about 10th place for half the race. Then contact with Jason Lefler sent him into the wall. 30th place finish.

dad 2 5

Pretty tough to be out of the car so long and then jump in. Sure would be good to see Kelly get a good ride that he could be in for a while. He needs a break...

woody53

Kelly is in the 04, Go Green Racing, Ford, this weekend in Charlotte. Pretty sure it is a Start and Park. Good thing is, after practice, he was fourth quick of the 15, go or go home cars. 28th overall. Should be able to qualify. Keeping his face out there is what he has to do. Time to load up the truck and head to the track myself.
Everyone have a great and safe weekend!

woody53

Back in the #18, JGR, Heil Heating, Toyota, this weekend at Chicagoland Speedway. He was 12th and 15th in the two practice sessions on Friday. He stated that they couldn't get both ends of the track to feel the same. A top five should be in the cards if he can stay out of trouble.

dad 2 5

I had hoped to go down but will have to settle for watching it this evening. Hope Kelly has a good run

woody53

Quote from: dad 2 5 on June 04, 2011, 10:29:19 AM
I had hoped to go down but will have to settle for watching it this evening. Hope Kelly has a good run
That is my plan also. Really wanted to go down there. I have been spending all off my (very small) expendable income on my racing. I will  be watching tonight. Dad 2 5, we need to catch up at a track some time.