Kelly Bires tonight on ESPN 2

Started by millert, June 09, 2007, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

millert

Kelly Bires from Mauston will be making his Busch debut tonight on
ESPN 2.  Kelly has been running the Craftsman Truck series, but will get starts the next two weeks in the Busch series.  Race starts at 7:00

Kelly was a two time state champ for Mauston.
"I must dictate the dream"  bergy

woody53

Tom, lets keep up, we have been talking about him already this week in the off topics. :wink: JK. This needs to be bumped. Kelly does well on these mile and ahalf tracks. I feel this could be a real breakout night for him.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

MarkK

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Lcoach

I've been trying to follow Kelly this year in the truck races.  I saw his name in the standings early in the year but haven't been able to track him the last couple weeks.  Where was he? I'll tune in tonight and definately be pulling for Mr. Bires.
Life is God's gift to us!
How we live it is our gift to God!

woody53

He just smacked the wall hard in turns three and four in qualifying. Got out and looks ok. Will probably start in the back of the field on owners points.

woody53

Great job Kelly. Qualified 11th, but had to start at the back because of going to the back-up car. Finished 15th, one lap down. Good show man. Learning right now is what it is all about.

woody53

Qualified 26th at Kentucky for tonight and is all the way up to 5th, after some pit strategy. Keep it going Kelly.

woody53

Great job Kelly! A 7th place finish. Good calls in the pits by Zippy, to get you out front and a great job of driving a car with less tires than those around you.

WISCwrestlingfan

Nice work Kelly!!  

It was nice to see some fresh new faces running in the Top 10 on Saturday evening (instead of always having the Cup guys up there dominating) - for awhile there in the race, 5 of the top 7 were all younger drivers, including Kelly.
It's a great day for wrestling! :D

woody53

Wood Brother's just announced today that Bires will drive in both the Craftsman Truck race on Friday night, and the Busch race on Saturday night, at the Milwaukee Mile. Kelly should feel right at home as the last time he was there he won the Governor's 150 in ASA racing last year. Friday night on Speed and Saturday night on ESPN2.

frogger123

You are definately opening eyes Kelly.....Bring on the top 5 :)
I tried writing in this signature box with a Sharpie and now my signature is on my computer monitor..........

woody53

Nice write-up about Wisconsin Natives racing at Milwaukee this weekend on nascar.com today. Bires is mentioned in it.

WISCwrestlingfan

Quote from: "woody53"Nice write-up about Wisconsin Natives racing at Milwaukee this weekend on nascar.com today. Bires is mentioned in it.

Quotehttp://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/bg/06/22/busch.preview.milwaukee/index.html

Wisconsin natives seek to continue winning trend

The Milwaukee Mile recently kind to hometown drivers

By Josh Pate, NASCAR.COM
June 22, 2007
09:59 AM EDT

QuoteTwo years ago it was Johnny Sauter who cruised as one of only three leaders the whole race, running 162 laps up front and taking victory at The Milwaukee Mile as the race ended under caution.

Last year it was Paul Menard who led a race-high 85 laps and brushed aside a charging Kevin Harvick with three laps to go, which ultimately resulted in the aggressive Harvick spinning into a seven-car pileup while Menard rolled to victory.

The last two Wisconsin races ... two Wisconsin winners.

Sauter, who is from Necedah, Wis., secured his third career Busch Series victory at his home track, and his most recent to date, when he won in front of the local crowd at the 1-mile flat oval. For Menard, who is from Eau Claire, Wis., it was the only win of his NASCAR career.  ...

[Click link above for the complete article.]

woody53

Thank you Sir. I still can't grasp this linking thing. :oops:

WISCwrestlingfan

Quotehttp://www.madison.com/wsj/mad/sports/index.php?ntid=198354

THU., JUN 21, 2007 - 8:46 PM

Auto racing: Kvapil back on track

JESSE OSBORNE
608-252-6176
josborne@madison.com

QuoteYes, Travis Kvapil moved from the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series to the Craftsman Truck Series this season - a move that can clearly be considered a step down in the sport's hierarchy.

And yes, the 31-year-old Janesville native understands the perception associated with such a move. But Kvapil better understands, and appreciates, the reality of his current situation.

"I think that at the end of the day from the standpoint of popularity, notoriety and dollars, everybody wants to be in Nextel Cup," Fox NASCAR analyst Larry McReynolds said. "But when I look at somebody like Travis, I see somebody who isn't about notoriety and having his name in lights. He's a racer."

And for Kvapil, a racer whose devotion lies with winning and being competitive on a race-by- race basis, the perceived demotion has revitalized a racing career that appeared stalled three seasons after winning the Truck Series championship in 2003.

Instead of running back in the Nextel Cup pack as he did during the 2005 and 2006 seasons with a pair of teams, Kvapil is running up front again with Roush Fenway Racing.  ...

[Click link above for the complete newspaper article.]