How was the Badgers year?

Started by Raiders14, March 24, 2019, 11:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

The fact that Ritter did not try to go anywhere else to wrestle says to me that he was burnt out and done wrestling. Connor Brown is a strange situation, but who knows where that all went awry. New situation, new school, etc. There are a myriad of factors that could effect a kid. I hope he comes back and finishes strong.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

mkm13

Just to clarify, Ritter was not a returning all american.  I believe he had 1 career NCAA tourney win.  Having said that, I do think he had the potential to be an AA if he continued wrestling and bought into the staff.

The new staff brought in a complete change in culture and higher expectations.  I would argue that was needed if the goal was to try to compete with the top 5 in the big 10.  When significant change like that happens, there will be turnover.  I think the Stickley situation made the situation even more difficult (change of culture and higher expectations around the same time as his death).  

littleguy301

I agree that there is usually turn over with coaching changes, it happens and really cannt hang that on the coaches to much though the brown situation is interesting.

With bono it happened at SDSU in his first year but after a couple of years he got his guys in there and bang he got the change going.

I believe Ritter will be wrestling next year at the top level. Maybe him not wrestling this year was of many things.

I also believe brown will be wrestling next year. Maybe not in d2 but will wrestle some where.

Looks like some of the wrestlers that left did end up wrestling some where and that is good for them. Maybe a change was just what they needed.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet