WWF Post Season Plan

Started by padre, November 06, 2020, 03:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thequad

I see that the Badgers and Marquette both played bb last knight without masques!
Does anyone know why this was allowed?
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

dman

Quote from: thequad on November 28, 2020, 12:59:07 PM
I see that the Badgers and Marquette both played bb last knight without masques!

Because when it comes to Covid there is no logic or common sense.   Walmart can stay open but the small mom and pop store has to shut down...this type of nonsense goes on and on.

DarkKnight

Quad, The Badgers have routine covid testing, so they can play when they're all negative. same with marquette and other colleges.

This week will be a good week.

littleguy301

Quote from: dman on November 29, 2020, 08:55:39 AM
Quote from: thequad on November 28, 2020, 12:59:07 PM

Because when it comes to Covid there is no logic or common sense.   Walmart can stay open but the small mom and pop store has to shut down...this type of nonsense goes on and on.

Now we are talking! Cannt agree more on this!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

madeyson

Hearing the WIAA has said if kids were to participate in the WWF Holiday tournament they could be ineligible the rest of the year, hence forcing the WWF to cancel the tournament? Can anyone confirm or have any additional details?

littleguy301

Quote from: madeyson on November 29, 2020, 08:58:37 PM
Hearing the WIAA has said if kids were to participate in the WWF Holiday tournament they could be ineligible the rest of the year, hence forcing the WWF to cancel the tournament? Can anyone confirm or have any additional details?

Tournament is still on and I believe USA wrestling is going to run it now. I think we will hear more this week.

Also, the rules clearly say that you can compete in 2 in season non school events. I think schools are saying that kids cannt compete which maybe the schools have some rules that over sees the wiaa which very well could.

I dont know about schools rules because every school has their own spin on the wiaa guidelines.

Side note; I hear that the board of control maybe is meeting this week with some maybe changes and/or some more set in concrete plans. Now I only hear things so it could be a rumor or some false promises some one that isnt involved is making.

gundyboo

Athletic Directors are in an awkward position giving permission for non-WIAA events.  The WIAA currently says anything more than a two team dual once per week is unsafe.  But at the same time the WIAA allows you to get permission from your school to participate in two outside events.  I would assume that doesn't mean an outside "single-opponent dual event" (which don't exist).  But on what basis would a school feel good giving "permission" for its wrestlers to participate in a large, multi-team event?  On a human level, they may be sympathetic to the idea.  But as an AD, many won't be inclined to want to okay something the WIAA isn't okay with itself.  Asking schools to weigh in on that decision is no small hurdle for many.  I hope the WIAA gives some guidance to schools.  There will be tensions between schools and their wrestlers if permission is not granted.

littleguy301

Quote from: gundyboo on November 29, 2020, 11:24:03 PM
Athletic Directors are in an awkward position giving permission for non-WIAA events.  The WIAA currently says anything more than a two team dual once per week is unsafe.  But at the same time the WIAA allows you to get permission from your school to participate in two outside events.  I would assume that doesn't mean an outside "single-opponent dual event" (which don't exist).  But on what basis would a school feel good giving "permission" for its wrestlers to participate in a large, multi-team event?  On a human level, they may be sympathetic to the idea.  But as an AD, many won't be inclined to want to okay something the WIAA isn't okay with itself.  Asking schools to weigh in on that decision is no small hurdle for many.  I hope the WIAA gives some guidance to schools.  There will be tensions between schools and their wrestlers if permission is not granted.

True but still I have been told you only have to inform your ad that you are doing an outside event. My school ad told me that he can not control what the athlete does when they are not in school. If you dont inform the school, then their could be trouble.

madeyson

Quote from: littleguy301 on November 29, 2020, 09:53:01 PM
Quote from: madeyson on November 29, 2020, 08:58:37 PM

Tournament is still on and I believe USA wrestling is going to run it now. I think we will hear more this week.

Also, the rules clearly say that you can compete in 2 in season non school events. I think schools are saying that kids cannt compete which maybe the schools have some rules that over sees the wiaa which very well could.

I dont know about schools rules because every school has their own spin on the wiaa guidelines.

Side note; I hear that the board of control maybe is meeting this week with some maybe changes and/or some more set in concrete plans. Now I only hear things so it could be a rumor or some false promises some one that isnt involved is making.

As of last night the event on Trackwrestling says "Cancelled".

DocWrestling

Interesting what hockey is doing.  Many of the Madison area schools and others are opting to play affiliated with WAHA (Wisconsin Amateur Hockey Association) and then some may join the WIAA when they are allowed to in January.

WAHA runs youth hockey and would be the equivalent of the WWF.  WAHA is requiring masks to be worn by hockey players at all times from youth to high school.  Teams are not allowed to use locker rooms and must get dressed in parking lots or vehicles and are not allowed into building until 5 minutes before they can take the ice.  After done they must vacate building to let next team in.

https://www.wisconsinprephockey.net/news_article/show/1134998
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

littleguy301

Interesting.......I wonder if the wiaa are letting them do that?

DocWrestling

Quote from: littleguy301 on November 30, 2020, 01:30:12 PM
Interesting.......I wonder if the wiaa are letting them do that?

I guess it would have nothing to do with the WIAA.  The WIAA says that you can play hockey and most schools in state are but in Dane County politicians are telling them they cannot play.  Thus schools like Verona have shifted from Verona High school hockey team to the Verona High School Club hockey team.  Same kids but using private facilities that are open.  I guess it is not unlike all the area legion baseball teams around the area this summer that could not play legion baseball so they competed as club teams.

Basketball is likely trying the same thing but probably having trouble finding facilities.  Basketball basically uses school gym facilities while high schools do not own their own rinks so they have already always been paying for ice time at private facilities.  All that changes now is that the high school is not paying for the ice time and the club team is.  Hockey players also pay for their own equipment instead of being issued by school so easy to do compared to something like "club" football that was considered in Lacrosse.  Equipment became a big issue and cost for club football because it is supplied by schools.

If every high school could find a mat room to practice in outside of school then you could have high school clubs compete against each other much like the new wrestling league for youth

littleguy301

Ok. I thought that some schools use a certain date as start and stop time for a season. Some schools even if your not playing your sport is thought to be in season and this eliminating more than 2 competitions. Much like wrestling and the difficulty of the WWF getting tournaments in

DocWrestling

I know for the upcoming HS volleyball spring season that they get two events.  Many of the girls are playing club volleyball right now and will until start of HS volleyball season.  During the WIAA season they will not practice with their club teams but their club teams will be attending two large multi-day tournaments.  This should not conflict with their high school seasons since the WIAA is not allowing weekend tournaments even though club volleyball is running tournaments almost every weekend from January to May.