PEAK and NUTTER

Started by wrestlingcoach21, December 05, 2017, 07:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestlingcoach21

Could Benji Peak and Alston Nutter have been two of the best wrestlers to come out of Wisconsin if they would have stayed in high school? After looking at their accomplishments, not to many people have done what they have on paper.

statman

Why did benji peak leave high school
they don't call me statman for nothin

dirtnap

Benji Peak and Alston Nutter WILL BE two of the best wrestlers to come out of Wisconsin.  Period.   ::) It will just be in Greco, not in Folk. 

They are both training at NMU.  As a State, and fans of wrestling, we should be super proud of both of these young men for pursuing an International style.

wrestlingcoach21

Quote from: statman on December 06, 2017, 05:45:10 AM
Why did benji peak leave high school

I don't exactly know but if he new he was going to pursue greco after highschool and already won state why not just leave early. After you win state you cant do any better in wisconsin and he isnt worried about college, makes sense to me.

bigG

Quote from: dirtnap on December 06, 2017, 09:04:33 AM
Benji Peak and Alston Nutter WILL BE two of the best wrestlers to come out of Wisconsin.  Period.   ::) It will just be in Greco, not in Folk. 

They are both training at NMU.  As a State, and fans of wrestling, we should be super proud of both of these young men for pursuing an International style.

I hope they will be. Will be are not as sure as you imply, though. Lot's of things can go wrong. I hope they grow into two of our best. They were fun to watch in Folk. Hopefully we have some years of them going Greco to enjoy.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

dirtnap

Quote from: bigG on December 06, 2017, 10:51:42 AM

I hope they will be. Will be are not as sure as you imply, though. Lot's of things can go wrong. I hope they grow into two of our best. They were fun to watch in Folk. Hopefully we have some years of them going Greco to enjoy.

true true.  But the statement "could they have been two of the best wrestlers to come out of Wisconsin..."  based only on the fact they are no longer doing folkstyle is unfortunate.  I wish them both the best and applaud them for going outside of the box.

Big Steve

Quote from: wrestlingcoach21 on December 05, 2017, 07:49:57 PM
Could Benji Peak and Alston Nutter have been two of the best wrestlers to come out of Wisconsin if they would have stayed in high school? After looking at their accomplishments, not to many people have done what they have on paper.

I appreciate your enthusiasm but you are travelling in rare air....

bigG

Quote from: dirtnap on December 06, 2017, 11:10:35 AM
Quote from: bigG on December 06, 2017, 10:51:42 AM

true true.  But the statement "could they have been two of the best wrestlers to come out of Wisconsin..."  based only on the fact they are no longer doing folkstyle is unfortunate.  I wish them both the best and applaud them for going outside of the box.

True that. They are kind of troubadours. You look at our Greco greats who were Folk in HS and wonder what kinda studs Hall, Gruenwald, Provisor could have been with an early focus like that.

Hope to see these two studs topping off a lot of podiums.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bman

Reply as a composite of several different posts above:  My results are off of memory so please feel free to correct...
Peak:
3rd WI State / 1st WI State
3rd Cadet Greco (Fargo)
2nd Cadet greco (Fargo)
(Benji did not compete last summer due to an injury)
Nutter:
1st WI State/ 2nd WI State
2nd Cadet Greco (Fargo)
2nd Jr. Greco (Fargo)

Both love Greco and since their dreams are to win Olympic medals in greco, why not go where you can train all year in greco...
They can/will probably stay at Northern Michigan and go to college at NMU while training in greco.

Two outstanding young men with big dreams that are willing to do the work and do what it takes.  Best of luck to both of them.

Provisor (after 8th grade) spent the year in Bulgaria wrestling Greco. That is when he started to really separate himself from the other American kids in Greco.... If Greco is what you want to do, then why not go all in for Greco.  It is because, as Americans, we divide our time between two or three styles that we are behind the rest of the world when it comes to Greco.  Expect Benji and Alston to demonstrate how they have separated themselves from the other high school kids when it comes to Greco this spring and summer.