Bono receives extension

Started by BuckyMatt, April 21, 2023, 09:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

Also, while we are all here for the wrestling, you have to like a program #3 in the country in Grades at an institution like UW. That doesn't mean don't bring in the best wrestlers, that is priority #1 of any BIG team.

littleguy301

Quote from: bigoil on April 23, 2023, 01:57:23 PM
Quote from: wrestle03 on April 23, 2023, 01:05:32 PMlittleguy301 - completely agree.  Its really no one's business what I make and calling me out to "donate" is pretty comical.  I will not invest my personal money in a program that is stagnant, second to last place in the Big Ten, and cannot land an in state blue chip recruit.  If Bono's coaching success at WI was as big as his ego every blue chip WI recruit would be begging Bono to come knock on their door.  I believe the program has actually gone a bit backwards in the past 5 years.....were no longer a middle of the pack Big Ten team but more closer to a bottom dweller team.  The teams of the past who were below us have all either gained ground or stepped above us.  If nothng changes it'll continue to be the same results every year.  Disappointing.
Sorry wasn't trying to say how much you make, just know that Ghetto is a teacher and pledges $ to the program. Keep hiding behind that anonymity and bashing the program. You could do the opposite and support the program like you did a long time ago. I was right there with you, it was time for a change and unlike you I feel we are on the upswing. Bono will tell you the BIG dual season was disappointing. However, look at the caliber of wrestlers on the team, I feel we are headed for some great success. Excitement in the barn is like no other time, rivaled only by former state tournaments and Team State.

Money is an issue, whether you want to believe it or not. It's not an excuse, we need to raise money. Messenbrink said NLI played no role in where he picked, but he didn't say he wasn't getting $. Insiders have told me Nagao was cold called and offered $100K plus full ride. Gable $250K, obviously Truax at $250K as well.

I believe there is a different engery coming out of the badger room but you are sadly mistaken that being at the field house for a dual is like bo other. Attendance isn't really much better than it was before Bono.

Being 1 and 7 in the big ten and by far the worse showing by a Bono lead team in his tenure isn't going to invoke alot of hey we are getting better thoughts.

We know your a huge Bono guy big oil. I get it 100% but take off your Bono colored glasses and look at it from other train of thought.

Don't call out people's salaries no matter who they are. Every one's money situation is different. It all depends on what you make your priorities in life.

I guess if I have to pay to be able to speak a thought of the badgers then well, find another fan.

Yes it is going to take money to land recruits. That is just the nature of the business but calling out one's salary to another is total BS! Not cool in my book and if that is what being a badger wrestling fan is, I am going to have to fold my cards and look for another!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigoil

Quote from: littleguy301 on April 23, 2023, 02:53:26 PM
Quote from: wrestle03 on April 23, 2023, 01:05:32 PMlittleguy301 - completely agree.  Its really no one's business what I make and calling me out to "donate" is pretty comical.  I will not invest my personal money in a program that is stagnant, second to last place in the Big Ten, and cannot land an in state blue chip recruit.  If Bono's coaching success at WI was as big as his ego every blue chip WI recruit would be begging Bono to come knock on their door.  I believe the program has actually gone a bit backwards in the past 5 years.....were no longer a middle of the pack Big Ten team but more closer to a bottom dweller team.  The teams of the past who were below us have all either gained ground or stepped above us.  If nothng changes it'll continue to be the same results every year.  Disappointing.
Sorry wasn't trying to say how much you make, just know that Ghetto is a teacher and pledges $ to the program. Keep hiding behind that anonymity and bashing the program. You could do the opposite and support the program like you did a long time ago. I was right there with you, it was time for a change and unlike you I feel we are on the upswing. Bono will tell you the BIG dual season was disappointing. However, look at the caliber of wrestlers on the team, I feel we are headed for some great success. Excitement in the barn is like no other time, rivaled only by former state tournaments and Team State.

Money is an issue, whether you want to believe it or not. It's not an excuse, we need to raise money. Messenbrink said NLI played no role in where he picked, but he didn't say he wasn't getting $. Insiders have told me Nagao was cold called and offered $100K plus full ride. Gable $250K, obviously Truax at $250K as well.

I believe there is a different engery coming out of the badger room but you are sadly mistaken that being at the field house for a dual is like bo other. Attendance isn't really much better than it was before Bono.

Being 1 and 7 in the big ten and by far the worse showing by a Bono lead team in his tenure isn't going to invoke alot of hey we are getting better thoughts.

We know your a huge Bono guy big oil. I get it 100% but take off your Bono colored glasses and look at it from other train of thought.

Don't call out people's salaries no matter who they are. Every one's money situation is different. It all depends on what you make your priorities in life.

I guess if I have to pay to be able to speak a thought of the badgers then well, find another fan.

Yes it is going to take money to land recruits. That is just the nature of the business but calling out one's salary to another is total BS! Not cool in my book and if that is what being a badger wrestling fan is, I am going to have to fold my cards and look for another!
LG, when's the last time you were at a Badger dual? Most everyone I've spoken with or read on the forum agree the energy is far different.

Attendance is way up, record attendance in fact.

aarons23

Everyone wants an opinion...and want to point fingers but rarely do people want to put money where their mouth is. For Big 10 schools like WI and MN if people don't start opening their pocket books we will have no chance at being competitive.  Thank you Big Oil for speaking up and stating what should be obvious. And yes I donate to the Badgers and will continue and with continued success of our company plan to increase our donations.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

littleguy301

Quote from: bigoil on April 23, 2023, 04:19:28 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on April 23, 2023, 02:53:26 PM

LG, when's the last time you were at a Badger dual? Most everyone I've spoken with or read on the forum agree the energy is far different.

Attendance is way up, record attendance in fact.

Reread big oil. I said I believe their is a different energy out ofmthe badger room. I clearly stated that. I added that your sadley mistaken thatbaa like no other. Been at the gophers for duals, went to Iowa lots different.

So to prove my worth I need to tell your how many dulaimi have been to under bono. 2 of them one on a Thursday night in November in 2018 and the badger/gopher dual in like 2020. I dont have the exact dates. Sure it was different than in like 2012ish. Sorry I usually went to gopher duals due to being 40 minutes away.

Big oil I can place a safe bet that I have seen the badger/gopher duals much more than you have but mainly in Minnesota from the mid 80's to present.

What I have posted that going 1 and 7 in big ten duals doesnt place alot of desire to the average fan to different into their pocket books to want to support wrestling.

I see the attendance is up and a record crowd for Iowa but the only 2 I have seen in person and what I have seen on the big ten network hasn't made me thing it is incredible event though better than under Barry. Also Barry had some good years on attendance over his tenure.

Big oil, calling out a guys salary is BS to me. Sorry I haven't made the 3.5 hour drive to watch the badgers dual like you have under bono. I probably will not be doing it either in the next 3 years due to being busy. Sorry but since I dont meet your requirements I will check out of future conversation about the Badgers. I guess I dont met your requirements.

Have a great day and best wishes in the future.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigoil

Of course it isn't Carver, likely never will be.

You said it was the same as Davis and that is just not true.

Coach V

I agree 100% with Bigoil and Aarons23. We also support in any way we can. If you have a problem with how things are going.... what's your solution?

You dont wrestle,your a wrestler

Healthy and happy

Quote from: wrestle03 on April 22, 2023, 08:18:54 AMBigoil, that may be true.  The results have simply been a continuation of the Davis era. Bono has done little to nothing in 5 years.  He's landed ZERO in state blue chip recruits.  Carry on and continue to accept mediocrity.

Contribute to the RTC ?  Ummm no.  The RTC is a joke and dont even get me started.

You certainly continue to be a back seat driver but until you have sat in the chair of being a D1 Head Coach with that much responsibility and had to make many many tough decisions, it is hard find your thoughts to be of any value.  How would you succeed in the areas that a head coach has to especially following NCAA, University and Athletic Department rules:

Recruiting
Transfer portal
Fundraising/NIL
Practice preparation/meet schedule/travel
Academics
Staff development, salary and retention
Facilities upgrade
Alumni
Parents
Player weight management
Mental aspects
Support staff. etc,etc

Thank goodness there is an excellent Athletic Director and Board who properly and truly know how to eval a coaches performance, not some bitter blogger

wrestle03

Novice wrestler:  Neither you nor Bono could do my job either, so good try.  He accepted the responsibility of the job so he'll have to figure it out.

Aarons23: "Everyone wants an opinion...and want to point fingers but rarely do people want to put money where their mouth is. For Big 10 schools like WI and MN if people don't start opening their pocket books we will have no chance at being competitive.  Thank you Big Oil for speaking up and stating what should be obvious. And yes I donate to the Badgers and will continue and with continued success of our company plan to increase our donations."

I dont need to put my money where my mouth is in order to have an opinion.  Good for you that you donate money and I'm so happy you felt the need to tell everyone.  Dont care.  I donate plenty of money to my local club and also donate something which is more important than money which is my time in helping to coach and develop kids.

aarons23

Quote from: wrestle03 on April 24, 2023, 02:19:48 PMNovice wrestler:  Neither you nor Bono could do my job either, so good try.  He accepted the responsibility of the job so he'll have to figure it out.

Aarons23: "Everyone wants an opinion...and want to point fingers but rarely do people want to put money where their mouth is. For Big 10 schools like WI and MN if people don't start opening their pocket books we will have no chance at being competitive.  Thank you Big Oil for speaking up and stating what should be obvious. And yes I donate to the Badgers and will continue and with continued success of our company plan to increase our donations."

I dont need to put my money where my mouth is in order to have an opinion.  Good for you that you donate money and I'm so happy you felt the need to tell everyone.  Dont care.  I donate plenty of money to my local club and also donate something which is more important than money which is my time in helping to coach and develop kids.

It's just weird as a person in your position thinks your very biased and sometimes degrading opinion needs to be spewed negatively like you do on this forum... I would think the way you carry on that you had skin in the game...yet you don't but always come across so angry at not just Bono but the badgers as a whole. 

I don't usually announce any of our donation/ charity work we do.  But being the statement I made about putting your money where your mouth is, that it was appropriate to mention so you wouldn't call me a hypocrite.  But you do you... I'm going to keep supporting the Badgers and doing what I can to see them grow.  I do hope that you can let go of whatever it is that angers you and be apart of the solution.  Go Badgers Go!!!!
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

crossface21

This extension doesn't really mean a whole lot. Unless a program is extremely abyssmal, these additional years added on to contracts seem to happen in almost all sports at UW.

MNbadger

" Neither you nor Bono could do my job either, so good try.  He accepted the responsibility of the job so he'll have to figure it out."

Seriously?!?!  Hahaha!
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan