Virginia Holiday Duals - Elementary Team

Started by madeyson, April 24, 2015, 02:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madeyson

I am looking to put together an elementary team for the Virginia Holiday Duals next year - the dates are December 10-13 (may need to leave town on December 9). I know that the Frog Boyz Middle School team had a great time at least year's event - and I am trying to replicate for the younger guys. At this point I am just trying to gauge how many families from throughout Wisconsin/Minnesota would be interested in being a part of the team. Obviously being so far out not looking for anyone to commit to a weight class - just looking at pure numbers. If you are interested please send me an email tclark24@gmail.com with your child's name, grade, and current approx. weight as well as your email address just to get a feel if we will be able to cover the 16 weight classes. There is NO commitment in sending me the information - the only thing it guarantees is that you will get an email from me when we start planning all the details in September. More information is below:

Ages: K-6 grade (so up to current 5th graders)
Weights: 45, 50, 55, 60, 64, 68, 72, 76, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 140
Wrestling: Wrestlers will get as many as 10 matches in over the weekend - last year there was 32 elementary teams in the tournament, we will be taking one wrestler in each weight class - if we have multiple wrestlers in a weight we will have wrestle offs
Coaches: I am working on lining up a coach for the team, we would try to have a few optional practices as a team leading up to the event.
Parents: As we start the planning later this year we will have costs etc put together - there will be plenty of room for any parents that want to attend. I am going to develop a transportation option to run by the interested group.
Cost: I don't have all of the costs yet assembled, will be working through that. My guess is that the total cost will be between $300-$400 wrestler, which would include lodging, uniforms (singlet, hoodie, t-shirt, shorts) and the tournament. I am going to work on finding a sponsor to offset some of that cost - again additional details in September

herewego

This is a great opportunity for the younger kids in our state to see top quality competition early in the season.  This is a great tournament and an experience those who participate representing Wisconsin will never forget.

madeyson

Bump - working on putting together the final list of kids that are interested. Please let me know if you are interested.

Nilo04

I have 2 boys that are interested 64 and 68....both wrestled at VB duals over Memeriol day weekend

KWA2012

My son Corbin Ramos 75 lbs and a few other wrestlers from my club would love to go. We wrestled the vac last year.