Badgers Excited to Battle at Big Tens | Kirk Nelson

Started by TomM, March 05, 2021, 04:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jw52

UW messed up when they didn't recruit Askren and again when they overlooked him for Bono. Recruiting the #1 guy is great, but that one guy is good for 6 points at a dual. You guys happy losing duals 27-6 as long as we have one good guy?

mkm13

I will say Barry's last few recruiting classes made Bono's work harder. On top of that, Bono i believe recruited well and won recruiting battles, but many appear to be misses. How many scholarships are tied up with Christensen, Dow, krattiger, Burwick, and Barnett?  Other than potentially Barnett, can anyone see anyone of them get more than a few points at NCAAs?  They are just so far away from being a big point scorer.

The good news is Amos and Hamiti will likely be studs.

dad 2 5

The Legend

So Davis recruited Wick, Hilger Model, Krattiger

Dentino, Scharenbrock, Salemme.  If we go with other guys who started at Big Tens.

Are you trying to give credit to Bono for Wick and Hilger?

Please don't make excuses by blaming past coaches.  You take on job it's your job to build a better team.   Why does this team continually have 25 or less kids on the team?

Other points stop going so hard for so long and maybe just maybe your team won't be broke at the end of the year when it matters!  Don't even get me started on injuries.

gwmiller44

Excited for what?  That was a butt whooping, ouch...
Really? Think, Wow!

1Iota

10 weight classes
14 teams
We will have at best 2 wrestlers finish in the top 8

Next year could be the beginning of big things, but right now this program is a joke

mkm13

Quote from: The Legend on March 06, 2021, 08:53:26 PM

Dentino, Scharenbrock, Salemme.  If we go with other guys who started at Big Tens.

Please don't make excuses by blaming past coaches.  You take on job it's your job to build a better team.   Why does this team continually have 25 or less kids on the team?

Other points stop going so hard for so long and maybe just maybe your team won't be broke at the end of the year when it matters!  Don't even get me started on injuries.

Are you responding to me? If so, no i am not giving Bono credit. Wick is not wrestling and Hillger is wrestling like an average at best big 10 wrestler this year who might get 1 or 2 points at NCAAs.

Bottom line is the talent in the room right now is sooooo far away from being able to compete at a high level.

dad 2 5

Quote from: The Legend on March 06, 2021, 08:53:26 PM

+1!
Nebraska appears to have 34 guys in their room this season, just saying to Legend's -25

dad 2 5

IND is now just a .5 point behind the Badgers, At least we have Maryland's 2 points covered

jw52

Why does this team continually have 25 or less on the team?

That's a good question.
Anyone ever had a job and coworkers that you love and a boss that you hate?

jw52

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on March 06, 2021, 09:08:27 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 06, 2021, 09:04:26 PM
IND is now just a .5 point behind the Badgers, At least we have Maryland's 2 points covered

Next year!!!!!!! Hamiti is a top recruit and will likely win it all.  ::) Come on, everyone.  That's crazy talk. Barnett was a top recruit in the country as well.  Don't put these kids on a pedestal.  Hilger seems like he'd rather be somewhere else for certain. Facts.

I remember when guys on here would've bet their house on Mark Hall winning 4

DocWrestling

Someone tell me why having 35 guys in the room is better than 25?  Is that really an excuse?  Seems to me that the best teams just keep rolling out the same 10-15 studs each year.

Are you saying we need more practice wrestlers?  Do you think the depth of wrestlers from 25-35 makes a huge difference?
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

dad 2 5

mkm13

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on March 06, 2021, 09:08:27 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 06, 2021, 09:04:26 PM

Next year!!!!!!! Hamiti is a top recruit and will likely win it all.  ::) Come on, everyone.  That's crazy talk. Barnett was a top recruit in the country as well.  Don't put these kids on a pedestal.  Hilger seems like he'd rather be somewhere else for certain. Facts.

Who said Hamiti will likely win it all?  I think he has a chance to AA a few times, but more than that who knows.
Barnett and Hamiti are not the same level of recruit.