Iowa

Started by leg turk, February 11, 2019, 09:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

Well, Wrestlestat has us losing 32-3, with Evan Wick beating Marinelli 8-6.

I hope the Badgers come to fight!

imwi

Quote from: leg turk on February 11, 2019, 09:16:02 AM
Well, Wrestlestat has us losing 32-3, with Evan Wick beating Marinelli 8-6.

I hope the Badgers come to fight!

I'll say Thor picks up a win, I think their guy is still hurting from playing with guns.

MNbadger

Absolutely he can beat Stoll.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

mkm13

Wick/Marinelli, Hillger/Stoll, and Moran/Murin should all be very competitive and the results could mean a lot for seeding going forward.
Christensen if he wrestles and is 100% would be favored.  
Reinhardt should keep it close and has a chance as well.  
Lugo has been inconsistent this year so you never know.

wrastle63

Quote from: mkm13 on February 11, 2019, 09:47:39 AM
Wick/Marinelli, Hillger/Stoll, and Moran/Murin should all be very competitive and the results could mean a lot for seeding going forward.
Christensen if he wrestles and is 100% would be favored.  
Reinhardt should keep it close and has a chance as well.  
Lugo has been inconsistent this year so you never know.
Completely agree I am not saying we are favored but it wouldn't surprise me if we won at 141, 149, 165, 174, 184, or HWT. Not going to win the dual because we will give up bonus at some weights but should be some really good matches.

Ghetto

I am driving in the car right now and heard a radio commercial for the Wisconsin versus Iowa dual meet on Sunday. I never have heard anything like that before. I had to get on the forum and share it because I didn't know what else to share it with!

97.3 FM The Game out of Milwaukee.

That was exciting.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Chinpin

Saw this article on Marinelli in Sunday's CR Gazette. With his connection with Eli and the meet with Iowa coming up, I thought all would find it interesting.
https://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/hawkeyes/alex-marinelli-iowa-wrestling-moriah-eli-stickley-loss-off-mat-perspective-20190210

PAUL

C'mon man, now how are we supposed to cheer passionately against THAT guy??   Just teasing, thanks for sharing this wonderful article, it really helps reinforce that this is a "small community" and most/all wrestlers are pretty good people.  Even if they are wearing that black singlet! 

imwi

Quote from: PAUL on February 12, 2019, 07:50:34 AM
C'mon man, now how are we supposed to cheer passionately against THAT guy??   Just teasing, thanks for sharing this wonderful article, it really helps reinforce that this is a "small community" and most/all wrestlers are pretty good people.  Even if they are wearing that black singlet! 

While I may not be cheering for anyone from Iowa including this fella, I probably will give him a clap or two after his match and if the opportunity arises, I will shake his hand

OneEyedFatMan

Quote from: Ghetto on February 11, 2019, 05:34:10 PM
I am driving in the car right now and heard a radio commercial for the Wisconsin versus Iowa dual meet on Sunday. I never have heard anything like that before. I had to get on the forum and share it because I didn't know what else to share it with!

97.3 FM The Game out of Milwaukee.

That was exciting.

Ditto!
"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy"

Ino

FYI,

Join us on Sunday as we honor the memory of Eli Stickley before our dual with Iowa. Fans are encouraged to be in their seats by 1:45 p.m. for the ceremony.

npope

My brother just told me on the phone that tickets for the dual were about $52 a pop - is that true?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

TomM

Quote from: npope on February 12, 2019, 09:26:35 PM
My brother just told me on the phone that tickets for the dual were about $52 a pop - is that true?

Never heard of that.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Ino

Quote from: TomM on February 12, 2019, 10:28:28 PM

Never heard of that.

Probably someone selling their mat-side seats to Iowa fans. Reserved are sold out, but there are plenty of general admission available for $7.

https://uwbadgers.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AWISC%3AWR18%3AWR06%3A&linkID=wisc&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=&cgc=

You can buy GA tickets at the door too, just arrive early or plan to stand in line.

npope

Quote from: Ino on February 13, 2019, 07:22:53 AM
Quote from: TomM on February 12, 2019, 10:28:28 PM

Never heard of that.

Probably someone selling their mat-side seats to Iowa fans. Reserved are sold out, but there are plenty of general admission available for $7.

https://uwbadgers.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AWISC%3AWR18%3AWR06%3A&linkID=wisc&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=&cgc=

You can buy GA tickets at the door too, just arrive early or plan to stand in line.

Thanks!!
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope