2018-19 Starting Lineup?

Started by leg turk, July 24, 2018, 08:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkm13

For whatever reason, Shoenherr's results fell off from what you would expect after the high school season.  He did not place at the 2018 Marines Western Regional, lost to Scharenbrock and Stuhl at Freestyle state, and went 0-2 at Fargo.  He could be battling an injury, but those results are less than you would expect from someone who might be starting in the big 10 on a good team in 2 years.

The good news is those results mean nothing after he is in a college room.

wrastle63

Quote from: GreenKnight on August 07, 2018, 04:52:55 PM
Yes, I'm not sure why he is struggling either. I'm hoping its just a funk. He placed Top 8 at 138 in Super 32 last fall n Folkstyle. I'm hoping its just a freestyle funk, as points are obviously scored differently there.

We'll see how he does a redshirt freshman soon enough i guess.

Exactly had some very good results! A redshirt year could go along way in getting him back to those results.

wrastle63

Tristan Moran would have to be a heavy favorite to fill the spot opposite of Cole Martin at 141/149 now. Great get for the Badgers!

Ghetto

Flo says he's spotted at 141, but after wrestling 149 and 157, that seems like a stretch.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

FoldEmUp

Quote from: Ghetto on August 09, 2018, 04:18:12 PM
Flo says he's spotted at 141, but after wrestling 149 and 157, that seems like a stretch.

He wrestled his first two years at 141 and that's where he is most comfortable.

So we're looking at...

125:  Connor Brown
133:  Jens Lanz/Paul Konrath
141:  Tristan Moran
149:  Cole Martin
157:  Zander Wick
165:  Evan Wick
175:  Ryan Christensen/Jacob Covaciu
184:  Ryan Christensen/Jacob Covaciu/Jared Krattiger
197:  Mason Reinhardt
HWT: Trent Hillger

That is a VERY solid lineup!

factfinder

Krattinger should Redshirt I would think and I think he is more of a 175 pounder at the D1 (big 10) level. I see him very competitive at the weight, I think he is giving up to much leverage at 184.
197 is still a question mark.

MNbadger

He will have to cut to 174 however.....
Quote from: GreenKnight on August 09, 2018, 07:50:56 PM
Quote from: factfinder on August 09, 2018, 05:22:29 PM
Krattinger should Redshirt I would think and I think he is more of a 175 pounder at the D1 (big 10) level. I see him very competitive at the weight, I think he is giving up to much leverage at 184.

I agree, Krattiger is short and compact already, so cutting down to 175 makes the most sense for him. I'll think he'll be very competitive after a redshirt year, Even if he redshirts at 184.

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

wrastle63

Agree he should redshirt and develop in the college room. Maybe he adds onto frame and is 184 but think 174 could be better.

Disagree. Reinhardt will be a solid starter and NCAA qualifier he has very good wins including over pinning the #11 seed at NCAAs, beat Brad Johnson by tech(RR lost to him at NCAAs), Brunner from Purdue(who Ritter lost to). He will be just fine.

dad 2 5

Quote from: wrastle63 on August 09, 2018, 08:56:29 PM
Agree he should redshirt and develop in the college room. Maybe he adds onto frame and is 184 but think 174 could be better.

Disagree. Reinhardt will be a solid starter and NCAA qualifier he has very good wins including over pinning the #11 seed at NCAAs, beat Brad Johnson by tech(RR lost to him at NCAAs), Brunner from Purdue(who Ritter lost to). He will be just fine.

A month away from first practice and it is really quiet. What is up with that...
I am very interested in Mason and what weight he will be at and how he will do.

Harris

Quote from: dad 2 5 on September 12, 2018, 07:21:04 PM
Quote from: wrastle63 on August 09, 2018, 08:56:29 PM

A month away from first practice and it is really quiet. What is up with that...
I am very interested in Mason and what weight he will be at and how he will do.

The calm before the storm  ;)

gwmiller44

Why is Bahr not anywhere in the line up? As I remember he has never lost to martin before?
Really? Think, Wow!

wrastle63

Quote from: gwmiller44 on September 17, 2018, 02:52:12 PM
Why is Bahr not anywhere in the line up? As I remember he has never lost to martin before?
I believe Bahr is a 157 and don't think he would beat Zander Wick.

jaguarwrestler

way behind the times here, why is Konrath not on the roster?
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

wrastle63

Transferred because Lantz has spot. He went to Indiana.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: wrastle63 on October 22, 2018, 09:19:07 PM
Transferred because Lantz has spot. He went to Indiana.

strange a rs fresh would transfer since Lantz is done this year. Too bad, looked like a lot of potential there.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!