2018-19 Starting Lineup?

Started by leg turk, July 24, 2018, 08:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

anybody care to take a stab at the starting lineup for this year?

leg turk

I'm not positive, but I think I saw Zander wrestling at 149 this summer, maybe on his Mom's Instagram or Twitter account.  Did he wrestle at 157 last year before getting hurt?

factfinder

Quote from: Luke Louison on July 24, 2018, 09:46:20 AM
I love how she makes clear not only her boys' starting weights but also that 1) she reads the message board & 2) whoever said Evan should be up two weight classes doesn't know what he's talking about!

I love it!!! Don't worry about coach mom has this..

wrastle63

149- if Cole Martin goes down I would favor Sharenbrock(if he cut to 49) and Bahr over Spray. Bahr had better wins last year. Also Reinhardt will not be down at 174. He had to cut to make 197. Plan seems to be him at 84 and Ritter at 97.

leg turk

I don't think I have ever seen Sharenbrock at 149 in open tourneys, but maybe.

gerald_walsh

Mr Louison if I may ask at what high school then college did you acquire your data skills ? I was Greenfield(71) and NDSU 4 years later .

wrastle63

Quote from: Luke Louison on July 24, 2018, 11:26:38 AM
Quote from: leg turk on July 24, 2018, 11:20:12 AM

You are correct. He's always been at 157. In fact, he went up to 174 to fill in during the Central Michigan dual. That entire group (Spray/Bahr/Scharenbrock) might be too heavy for 149. That'd leave Model/Shilson, or skipping the redshirt for Schoenherr.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/20488/scharenbrock-jared/profile

The other option would be to have Martin stay at 149 and have the larger/loser of Lantz/Konrath occupy the 141 slot.
That is probably our best option. Otherwise the other guys have a tough cut. I see Bahr ahead of Spray he was coming back from an injury and first year in college room. Bahr Hs better results at open tournaments looking at wrestlestat, and he was wrestling 157. Could see him making 149 though.

factfinder

Quote from: Luke Louison on July 24, 2018, 11:26:38 AM
Quote from: leg turk on July 24, 2018, 11:20:12 AM

You are correct. He's always been at 157. In fact, he went up to 174 to fill in during the Central Michigan dual. That entire group (Spray/Bahr/Scharenbrock) might be too heavy for 149. That'd leave Model/Shilson, or skipping the redshirt for Schoenherr.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/20488/scharenbrock-jared/profile

The other option would be to have Martin stay at 149 and have the larger/loser of Lantz/Konrath occupy the 141 slot.

Is there an incoming Freshman that could handle not redshirting? Schoenherr looks like he would be better off at 141 after redshirting.

mkm13

If I had to guess, Martin will stay at 149 and either Lantz or Konrath will be at 141 for next year.

I believe in an interview, Bono said Reinhardt is going down to 184.

mkm13

Connor Brown has 3 years left.  He will likely be in the lineup somewhere in 2020-2021 (either 125 or 133 depending on where he fits in with Barnett).  Medora is already wrestling at 138, I would assume in a couple years he would be more in the mix for 141/149.

Krattiger is fairly short, I could see him staying at 184.  I think Bono will find a 197 to fill in at 197 after Ritter is done.

Harris

This is a fun thread to read. 

BuckyMatt

125: Brown:  Seemed to perform really well at the end of last year and am excited to see what the change to Madison does for him!
133: Konrath or Lantz: I know Lantz won in freestyle but I will be interested to seem them battle it out in Folkstyle
141:?
149: Martin: I think he stays at 149 and am excited to see him with a year under his belt at this weight!
157: Zander Wick: Possible AA!
165: E Wick: Possible National Champ!
174: Christensen:  Senior Year, I think Ryan can have a strong last one with Reader here!
184: Reinhardt: same as RC, I think finally being the man and having Reader to work with with will help alot
197: Ritter: I think he will be an AA this year!
HWT: Hilger:  Excited to see him hit the mat after such a strong RS year!

dad 2 5

Hard for me to see Mason get down to 84. Maybe but seems to me it would be tough and tough for him to stay down for the season. Maybe 97 for the tournaments and down for the back part of the season? So to me it would be Wetter or Jacob C. What would happen if RC goes up to 84 and Jacob at 74? It will be interesting to see how Bono coaches on cuts. I can see him asking a lot form guys.

wrastle63

Flowrestling had an interview with Bono during their flo road trip, and Bono said Reinhardt is the guy. It won't be an easy cut, but think he will make it and do well. No reason he can't be a national qualifier if he makes the cut alright.

dad 2 5

Quote from: Luke Louison on July 28, 2018, 11:29:49 AM
Looks like no one had this year's lineup correct.

Bummer.

What is it?