Coaching options...Thoughts?

Started by Cash, March 11, 2018, 10:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cash

With all of the talk about Ben and Donny being the only possible coaching candidates discussed, I thought I would start my own coaching wish list

David Taylor HC
Nico Megalludis Asst
Jimmy Kennedy Asst
Trevor. Brandvold Asst

Other guys Eric Guerrero, Jared Frayer, Pat Pop, Mark Perry, Damion Hahn, Cary Kolat, J. Jaggers, Sean Bormet, Tervel Dlagnev, Jake Herbert, Andy Hrovat
Any one of these guys would be able to increase recruiting efforts in wrestling hotbeds immediately, not to mention bring in a wealth of resources

How many meeting do you think Barry A has lined up for March 19 th?

What does your staff look like?

Wrestling Thug

That is an awesome list of potential coaches! David Taylor and Jimmy Kennedy would be awesome especially since they are brother inlaws!

Lumpy

Not saying that guys like DT wouldn't make a good head coach. Guys like DT have high goals set for themselves. Olympics and world teams being a few. I forget which guy it was but I listened to an interview talking about how hard it is to even be an assistant coach and try to focus on preparing yourself for competition. Give him a few more years.
-Matt S

dad 2 5

Frayer is an interesting thought that I had not put together in my head but would fit well at UW.

littleguy301

Frayer is an interesting thought. I think he would be an awesome canidate but the one question i would have is the gaps in his coaching career. Real head scratchers to me

Taylor......i would guess he is still making a run at olympic gold in 2020.
Brandvold........does he want a head job? I thinkmhe fits right in at the rtc and would be great!
Damion hahn.......i really thinknhe would be a top coach canidate. I feel he would run a wisconsin friendly program and vring in good recruits. With that said i think he has a good gig where he is at.
Mark perry........i think he finally has his dream job.
Eric guerrero........uf da now we are talking. Any one that has learned under john smith i think is a good canidate,
Doug schawb........maybe the next big ten coach in waiting. I like him and hope he is on a list.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigG

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 12, 2018, 11:55:10 AM
Frayer is an interesting thought that I had not put together in my head but would fit well at UW.

Sure appeared to have done a fine job while he was here. For being here such a short time, I"m impressed by how many people say greatt hings about him.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

harley

The guy at St. Cloud sure has built up a Nice DII program, could he do the same at WI? I am pretty sure the Nebraska coach started at DII and worked his way up.

bigG

I'm surprised nobody has brought Fader into the convo. He could be the wrestling version of Dick Bennett.

wrastle63

Quote from: bigG on March 13, 2018, 08:57:55 AM
I'm surprised nobody has brought Vader into the conco. He could be the wrestling version of Dick Bennett.
Vader like Darth Vader?

imnofish

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 13, 2018, 10:51:27 AM
I'm surprised nobody has brought Vader into the conco. He could be the wrestling version of Dick Bennett.
Vader like Darth Vader?

Tim Fader?
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Sorry. I fixed it. Jesis, sorry for the typo.

woody53

Quote from: bigG on March 13, 2018, 12:27:59 PM
Sorry. I fixed it. Jesis, sorry for the typo.
That was funny though. "Luke, I am your Coach."
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

HULK

Quote from: imnofish on March 13, 2018, 10:55:58 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on March 13, 2018, 10:51:27 AM
Vader like Darth Vader?

Tim Fader?

The badgers dont like controversy

bigdawg

I'm surprised nobody has brought Fader into the convo. He could be the wrestling version of Dick Bennett.
I am a little sad that you just compared Dick Bennett to Tim Fader.  Wow. To start it off, he is currently suing the UW school system.  There is also a 6 page document highlighting how he cheated and why he was fired from Whitewater.  This document does not mention one thing about rape.  Next, lets look at his teams results.  Eau Claire  just finished 45th at NCAAs and took 2nd to last in the WIAC.  Almost as bad as Donny Pritz finishing 11th in the Big Ten and we still want him.  Granted his biggest hammer did tear his bicep this year, but you have to overcome adversity.  I am still blown away that kids go to Eau Claire to wrestle with him actively searching for other jobs.  Has he ever stayed at a school for an extended period of time?  Personally, I think the Badgers can do a lot better then this guy.  The Badgers have been stuck in the mud for too long and it is time for them to take the next step, but he is not going to get them there.