Do you think it's time for a change? (Poll)

Started by leg turk, January 30, 2018, 02:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What say you, do we need a change at the top in the UW Wrestling room?

Yes, it's time for a fresh start.
No, leave Barry alone.

dman

I think of it this way...the only reason Donny isn't a head coach right now is by his choice.  I would beg to guess he is waiting for the right job for him and his family to open up, but until then what better situation for him and his family than to be coaching in his home state on an up and coming program.

wrastle63

Quote from: dman on February 10, 2018, 09:40:05 AM
I think of it this way...the only reason Donny isn't a head coach right now is by his choice.  I would beg to guess he is waiting for the right job for him and his family to open up, but until then what better situation for him and his family than to be coaching in his home state on an up and coming program.
Well I think of it this way...there have been plenty of coaching openings and his name doesn't even get brought up. If he was really a HC candidate people would be talking to him. Get over the Donny crap.

MNbadger

A down year for MN and they beat Rutgers.................
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

wrastle63

Quote from: MNbadger on February 10, 2018, 08:56:37 PM
A down year for MN and they beat Rutgers.................
This has absolutely nothing to do with Minnesota

MNbadger

No but it does point out that the idea that DP is a savior to be false.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan

leg turk

Quote from: MNbadger on February 11, 2018, 09:18:48 AM
No but it does point out that the idea that DP is a savior to be false.

Dude, they're just getting started, look how far Rutgers has come in the last 5 years. 

MNbadger

Goodale had the program growing very, very well before DP.  To be clear, DP is a good coach, obviously but I think many on this site over-do it.

aarons23

Quote from: MNbadger on February 11, 2018, 10:27:11 AM
Goodale had the program growing very, very well before DP.  To be clear, DP is a good coach, obviously but I think many on this site over-do it.

I think many on this site just believe DP would have been an upgrade from what we have now.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

leg turk

I've always heard that his recruiting is where he really shines.  Not sure why, but thats what I've heard.

wrestlemania

Are we going to keep this thread going after today? ;D

bigG

Quote from: aarons23 on February 11, 2018, 10:37:51 AM
Quote from: MNbadger on February 11, 2018, 10:27:11 AM
Goodale had the program growing very, very well before DP.  To be clear, DP is a good coach, obviously but I think many on this site over-do it.

I think many on this site just believe DP would have been an upgrade from what we have now.

I think many on this site have a very biased and skewed deified view of DP. This the "Saint" moniker.

Good coach, yet to prove himself a great coach.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.