2017-18 Badger Depth Chart

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, August 04, 2017, 01:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwmiller44

Do we have any making Top 3 in the conference?
Really? Think, Wow!

mkm13

Best chance would likely be at Robertson at 184 if he really pulls it together, based on depth at that weight.

I think Evan Wick has potential to be great, but top 3 will likely require a couple injuries when you have Joseph, Martinez, Massa, and Marinelli at 165.  That weight will be stacked.

Wrestling Thug

I think that RR will place no higher than 5th. Returning at 84 is Nickal,Martin,Parker,and Gravina. All of which I feel will beat him. And the 65 pound Wick has it even harder, but is a better wrestler. He has the obvious 3, but he will have to get past Wanzek,Campbell,Hughes,and Gunther. He could possibly place 7th, but I think more realistic is 9th. The best chance the Badgers have a top 3 placer is at heavy! Snyder and Nevills only remain as top Big 10 guys. There may be some other unprovens, but that's the Badgers best chance. Maybe 125 if Suriano has to sit a year since he is transferring to Rutgers.

billymurphy

Pretty sure Coon comes back off redshirt this season at HWT and Abounader comes back at 184.  Abounader was in the finals of the Big Ten in 2015 and took a redshirt year.

wrastle63

Quote from: Wrestling Thug on August 13, 2017, 12:51:57 PM
I think that RR will place no higher than 5th. Returning at 84 is Nickal,Martin,Parker,and Gravina. All of which I feel will beat him. And the 65 pound Wick has it even harder, but is a better wrestler. He has the obvious 3, but he will have to get past Wanzek,Campbell,Hughes,and Gunther. He could possibly place 7th, but I think more realistic is 9th. The best chance the Badgers have a top 3 placer is at heavy! Snyder and Nevills only remain as top Big 10 guys. There may be some other unprovens, but that's the Badgers best chance. Maybe 125 if Suriano has to sit a year since he is transferring to Rutgers.
Evan 9th is a joke. This will be a bit of a down year for the Badgers with lots of underclassmen. I think Crone has a chance to place high. He had some very good wins this year.

Barou

Quote from: billymurphy on August 13, 2017, 02:32:03 PM
Pretty sure Coon comes back off redshirt this season at HWT and Abounader comes back at 184.  Abounader was in the finals of the Big Ten in 2015 and took a redshirt year.

And we're not beating Stoll if he's healthy this year.
JHI Mafia

leg turk

Quote from: wrastle63 on August 13, 2017, 04:19:15 PM
Evan 9th is a joke. This will be a bit of a down year for the Badgers with lots of underclassmen. I think Crone has a chance to place high. He had some very good wins this year.

So you think Evan Wick is goint to place 9th or better at the NCAA's?

mkm13

165 has Joseph, Martinez, Massa, Marstetter, and Marinelli.  Those 5, if healthy, will be extremely tough.  That doesn't even include Walsh, Rodgers, McFadden, and Womack who are former AA's.  Wick did beat McFadden recently in freestyle. 

I would be curious to know how Wick does against Jordan in the room before I would feel confident about him becoming an AA next year with how tough that weight is going to be.

wrastle63

Quote from: leg turk on August 14, 2017, 09:50:19 AM

We're talking about just the Big Ten tourney.

leg turk

Quote from: wrastle63 on August 14, 2017, 10:23:43 AM
Quote from: leg turk on August 14, 2017, 09:50:19 AM

We're talking about just the Big Ten tourney.

Oh ok.

wrastle63

I think we place similarly to last year at Big Tens because of the fact that we will have a lot of 4th-9th placers. At NCAAs I think we will qualify every spot minus maybe 133 depending on who the starter is. I also think win more matches as a team, but score less because we won't as high of placers.

gwmiller44

I don't see us making up 28.5 lost points from the loss of our 2 studs. I see us as a bottom 4 team.
Really? Think, Wow!

wrastle63

Quote from: gwmiller44 on August 18, 2017, 08:12:20 AM
I don't see us making up 28.5 lost points from the loss of our 2 studs. I see us as a bottom 4 team.
So last year we had a disappointment at the Big Ten Tourney and tied for 8th with only 5 placers. We beat Michigan State, Maryland, Indiana, Purdue, and Northwestern. We beat those teams by 29 points or more. Who do you see catching us?

billymurphy

I cannot see any scenario where we drop lower than 9th in the Big Ten Tournament.
Some of those teams below us are flat out bad.  The vast majority of the guys on the team
should finish around 7th or 8th in their weight group with maybe two guys in the 4th or 5th place range.   

Wrestling Thug

Quote from: Barou on August 14, 2017, 08:50:21 AM
Quote from: billymurphy on August 13, 2017, 02:32:03 PM

And we're not beating Stoll if he's healthy this year.
I forgot about Coon and Stoll, so maybe 125 has a chance at coming close to top 3. We are talking placing top 3. And as far as lower teams than the badgers finishing ahead, MSU  can jump them this year!