Badger RTC on the forum

Started by TylerBRTC, June 23, 2017, 10:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

Quote from: MNbadger on June 27, 2017, 04:00:34 PM
Why do you suppose I (or anyone else) "has a problem"?  I think you meant "onus". 

Montell Marion Like to put his fingers in onuses.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

TylerBRTC

coconut joe - I don't know if you are joking or not but we discusses women's wrestling at the very start as a possible route to go with because there is a need around the country and world and we were wondering if this could be a time for it? Ultimately we we say, women are more than welcome to join the BRTC as long as they fit the criteria put forth by USA Wrestling. We have zero problem with helping women and women's wrestling improve.

At this time we can not support senior level women to train full-time, that is why our statements are geared towards men. We wanted to be laser focused on who we support, men's freestyle... that's not to say we can't shift in the future if opportunity arises. If you want to fund a woman/women to train here, we will gladly have a conversation about what this looks like. Send me an email if this is a reality for you @ Tyler@badgerRTC.org

leg turk - "Will Barry Davis be helping?" I think a better question is, at what level will Barry Davis be helping?

Here is how Barry is involved:
Barry has been around for 25 years. He has a lot of connections around the country of people that can help move this thing forward. He will be able to make those connections on his free time.
One of his greatest strengths is noticing little things during practice and matches. Those little things separate the good from the great. He has a skill to recognize and coach those little things. He is one of our coaches.
He has a lot of wisdom in a lot of areas of life and dealing with administration. We need his input.

We are two separate entities with an overlap at the UW (facilities and coaches/training partners). Barry (or any of the other coaches, with the exception of the volunteer coach) are not payed by the BRTC. We have a board and an executive director that give direction and make the decisions.
As the head coach he needs to be involved in the conversation and his position needs to be leveraged by the BRTC, but he does not have control or lots of power. The control and power rests with the executive director and the board of directors.

Try to clear some misconceptions:
Barry does not have final say on who gets to train at the BRTC (senior level)
Barry does not have control over the money. No money can go directly to the college athletes by NCAA rules. We can supplement some things but the UW does a great job of taking care of the guys' needs.
No money goes to him and he doesn't decide how much someone gets paid. He can help fundraise on his own time (per UW compliance rules). This is the same with the other coaches with UW wrestling but not same at other universities around the country. ie read the previous thread about Nebraska, Manning, and the NWTC.
Barry does not run practices. He will be at majority of practices but he will not be running most of them. He is one of the coaches of the BRTC.

Barry is the Head Coach of the University team. This is his job... BRTC is not his job.. but the plan is for the BRTC to help make his job easier by improving the wrestlers within the 250 mile radius and getting high level guys to help train and compete with the guys in the room.

Check out the website www.badgerrtc.org on the about section and notice the five components of a successful RTC and notice the overlap of the two. While you are there sign up for the steak fry on Aug 3rd to help get more guys into the room!

dman

Tyler...you are da man!  Thank you for all you do!

bigG

Thanks for giving your time to improve WI wrestling, TT!!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

leg turk

Thank you for answering Tyler, much appreciated.

wrastle63

This is a big thing people have been looking for. Transparency. Thank you Tyler and best of luck!

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

hornbuckleb

Quote from: thedecider on June 29, 2017, 02:57:25 PM
Before we all open our wallets can we get a breakdown of how each dollar is spent or will be spent? 

I suppose when you give blood you also feel the need in knowing who is going to receive it.  Typically, when people donate they do out of generosity, and they believe the funds are allocated to the areas of need.  Your question is very confusing. 

MarkK

Bravo on working to improve the sport.  Not a lot of people willing to do that.  Lots however can point out everything you are doing wrong.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

MNbadger

I think the decider might be referring to wrastle63's comment about transparency?
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

MarkK

Ok then tell us where USA wrestling is spending the money and how much on each of your questions.  What is the rent of their buildings?  How about travel do you have a handle on that?  I don't think so.  Attend a steak fry and enjoy the people and the cause.   But I don't see this turning into a donation anyways.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

MarkK

Next time you go to the 4-H fair make sure you find out their travel budget before you buy a creme puff. 

TylerBRTC

Here is a general breakdown. If might not be obvious but the more money in our account, the more % that goes to the athlete/coach ... ie there are some constants in the budget and the more money you have those constants will get less %. These %'s are based off 120k budget which is our goal for this year's budget.

55% athletes
25% coaches
10% travel
10% administration 

If you want a more detailed, send me an email - tyler@badgerrtc.org - and let me know what you want to know and I would be glad to share. I plan on putting together an annual report at the beginning of the year but can tell you what we have budgeted this year right now.

wrastle63

Jimmy

Don't you mean thee decider can decide to donate?