Badger RTC on the forum

Started by TylerBRTC, June 23, 2017, 10:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

It looks like a village welcome banner sign or a for sale banner to me.

I have no problem with the logo at all. It looks fine to me.

Good job on everything Tyler. Thank you for setting up the BRTC !

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

TylerBRTC

MNBadger - first off, I wanted to say sorry if I came across saying "The idea that one can't become better fathers, men, sons, and coaches without religion is ignorant and inappropriate term." This is not at all what I meant and I don't want you, or any one else reading this, to think that. Know that I, and the BRTC staff, care about the guys stepping onto the mat beyond wrestling and we want them to grow up and mature as wrestlers and men.

Second, the logo - I'll tell you this straight up... We will not be changing it anytime soon. Most of those that participated in the BRTC at the beginning voted on the future logo and this was the choice by far... almost 90% wanted this logo. We are working on secondary logo but we aren't ready to roll that out yet.

jchap - I will get to your question tonight. Thanks for asking that. I didn't forget about your question and I do have some answers. I try not to look at the forum too often and I want to make it a habit of only posting one time a day, usually after work, but I thought it was too important to not post and to apologize to MNBadger.

MNbadger

Thanks for the honest reply Tyler.
Tom, not tying to quibble but the term I used is not inappropriate nor a curse word of any kind.  I would not have used it had it been either.  I apologize nonetheless.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

dman

Great response Tyler....and thank you!!!  I love the fact that the logo is open to interpretation....and if people find it offensive than that puts all the ownest on them and clearly means they are the one with the problem not the logo!

MNbadger

Why do you suppose I (or anyone else) "has a problem"?  I think you meant "onus". 
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan

bigoil

Quote from: jchap on June 27, 2017, 08:15:09 AM
Quote from: bigoil on June 27, 2017, 07:42:11 AM
Thank you Tyler, this is a great start, hope you can keep the momentum.

As for the cross, he clearly stated it is not a religious symbol, crosses can and are used in logos for effect, connecting, etc. I believe the American Red Cross is not a religious organization, do you want them to hit up changing their logo too?
Reading comprehension!  He said the logo is open to interpretation.
Two people fail to understand what Tyler wrote, I'm not one of them.

MNbadger

wrastle63

dman

Quote from: MNbadger on June 27, 2017, 04:00:34 PM
Why do you suppose I (or anyone else) "has a problem"?  I think you meant "onus". 

Man...you are ridiculous....nice try....

TylerBRTC

thedecider - those that voted were the athletes who were a part of the BRTC when it started in Feb/March. This is the same for the singlet design. I wanted to give the athletes a chance to speak into what we were doing and how it was going to be done.

Quote from: jchap on June 27, 2017, 08:25:02 AM
Thanks for your reply Tyler.  This is an exciting time for Wisconsin wrestling.  Going beyond the mat, what kind of programs and services are you providing that help turn the senior level wrestlers into good men, husbands, fathers, etc?  This is the area that can make you unique compared to the other RTCs.

This is a great question and I love how you worded it talking about the senior level wrestlers. As we look at the RTC you could really break it up into three different categories:
1. wrestlers still in HS
2. those that are on the college team (university teams around the state)
3. senior level wrestlers

This specific strategy is geared towards those that are out of college and wrestling on the senior level. There are really four prongs to this strategy:
A. What degree did the senior level wrestler graduate with and how can we use that degree to help them develop and mature as a man and professional?
Example: Someone graduates with a degree in journalism... how can we leverage the BRTC to use those skills to further their professional career and move the BRTC forward? When they are done wrestling in 3 years, how can we set them up to use their degree to their benefit. Have them shadow an alumni in the field they have an interest in once a month as the training session allows. Things like that.

B. What is the senior level wrestler gifted at and what do they want to do when they are done? This isn't necessarily the same as letter A as some people don't graduate in something they are passionate about. How can we use their gifting and passions to grow them as men and professionals?
Example: Senior level guy wants to coach when he is done. Lets use the resources/connections we have to give them chances to coach. To run practices. Connect them to local HS. Send them to train at another RTC to with the purpose to pick the brain of the coach at that RTC and get better at wrestling. Camps. Clinics.
Can use this for any skill senior level guy is gifted at and passionate about: Event planning. Speaking. Ministry. Writing. Acting. Technology.   

If they don't know the answer to A or B, we help them figure it out. Be an RTC with a purpose.   

C. Living a life around them and with them. Be around them more then just 2 hours a day. This is a personal philosophy that I have seen help kids grow. There needs to be an element of life on life. Them around my family, seeing how my wife and I interact, how we work through conflict, and how I raise my kid. They need to see my junk and screw ups and how I handle them. They need to see older men attempting to be good husbands, fathers, workers, etc as an example and something to work towards. I do NOT want a bunch of Tyler Turners running around (that would not be a good thing for anyone as I don't have it figured out) but I do want them to learn from me and my life. 
This is hard work and humiliating at times but needs to be a cornerstone of what we do. This will give us the trust and relationship to challenge these young men to live in a way that will cause growth and mature.

D. Getting them out of their comfort zone in wrestling and in life skills. This is sort of a culmination of points A, B, & C. This is where the courage comes in. This is traveling overseas to totally different cultures to learn from other great wrestlers. This is challenging them to get out of their comfort zone and ask a teammate out to coffee and mentoring them to learn the skills needed to lead. This is challenging them to speak to a HS assembly when they don't want to public speak. This is learning to hold a conversation and not depend on text for communication. This is going to the best to be the best in all areas of life.

From the very beginning we dreamed about a training center with a purpose. A purpose of helping our senior level athletes steward their time and skills and not "waste" their prime years on training. To use the 12 hours in the day to help them mature and grow... if you are training for 6 hours a day (that is a stretch on most days) what could you be doing with the rest of your time? Be an RTC with a purpose.

I am not naive to say we have it figured out and that it will be easy (or even clean) but I am excited to see what could happen and what type of guy this will attract. Not every senior level wrestler wants this. It is fun to think about the opportunity the BRTC has to impact the state and beyond because we (the state of WI) care enough about our senior level wrestlers to support and cultivate passionate wrestlers and courageous men. 

That gets me excited! I don't know about you?!

MNbadger

Ridiculous in what way? Please explain.  I understood exactly what was said.  Maybe you don't understand?
Quote from: dman on June 27, 2017, 08:54:50 PM
Quote from: MNbadger on June 27, 2017, 04:00:34 PM

Man...you are ridiculous....nice try....

npope

Quote from: coconut joe on June 27, 2017, 11:03:19 PM
Is this RTC for men only?  There's a lot of talk about men this, men that, husband, etc, blah, blah.   This makes me think that females are unwelcome.  Women's wrestling is on the rise and it seems unwise to exclude them especially considering that the IOC and UWW are pushing for more gender equality. 

Indeed, a professional pot stirrer. I don't know what you do for a livin' Joe, but I hope you get paid for agitating people.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

jchap

Quote from: TylerBRTC on June 27, 2017, 09:48:48 PM
thedecider - those that voted were the athletes who were a part of the BRTC when it started in Feb/March. This is the same for the singlet design. I wanted to give the athletes a chance to speak into what we were doing and how it was going to be done.

Quote from: jchap on June 27, 2017, 08:25:02 AM
Thanks for your reply Tyler.  This is an exciting time for Wisconsin wrestling.  Going beyond the mat, what kind of programs and services are you providing that help turn the senior level wrestlers into good men, husbands, fathers, etc?  This is the area that can make you unique compared to the other RTCs.

This is a great question and I love how you worded it talking about the senior level wrestlers. As we look at the RTC you could really break it up into three different categories:
1. wrestlers still in HS
2. those that are on the college team (university teams around the state)
3. senior level wrestlers

This specific strategy is geared towards those that are out of college and wrestling on the senior level. There are really four prongs to this strategy:
A. What degree did the senior level wrestler graduate with and how can we use that degree to help them develop and mature as a man and professional?
Example: Someone graduates with a degree in journalism... how can we leverage the BRTC to use those skills to further their professional career and move the BRTC forward? When they are done wrestling in 3 years, how can we set them up to use their degree to their benefit. Have them shadow an alumni in the field they have an interest in once a month as the training session allows. Things like that.

B. What is the senior level wrestler gifted at and what do they want to do when they are done? This isn't necessarily the same as letter A as some people don't graduate in something they are passionate about. How can we use their gifting and passions to grow them as men and professionals?
Example: Senior level guy wants to coach when he is done. Lets use the resources/connections we have to give them chances to coach. To run practices. Connect them to local HS. Send them to train at another RTC to with the purpose to pick the brain of the coach at that RTC and get better at wrestling. Camps. Clinics.
Can use this for any skill senior level guy is gifted at and passionate about: Event planning. Speaking. Ministry. Writing. Acting. Technology.   

If they don't know the answer to A or B, we help them figure it out. Be an RTC with a purpose.   

C. Living a life around them and with them. Be around them more then just 2 hours a day. This is a personal philosophy that I have seen help kids grow. There needs to be an element of life on life. Them around my family, seeing how my wife and I interact, how we work through conflict, and how I raise my kid. They need to see my junk and screw ups and how I handle them. They need to see older men attempting to be good husbands, fathers, workers, etc as an example and something to work towards. I do NOT want a bunch of Tyler Turners running around (that would not be a good thing for anyone as I don't have it figured out) but I do want them to learn from me and my life. 
This is hard work and humiliating at times but needs to be a cornerstone of what we do. This will give us the trust and relationship to challenge these young men to live in a way that will cause growth and mature.

D. Getting them out of their comfort zone in wrestling and in life skills. This is sort of a culmination of points A, B, & C. This is where the courage comes in. This is traveling overseas to totally different cultures to learn from other great wrestlers. This is challenging them to get out of their comfort zone and ask a teammate out to coffee and mentoring them to learn the skills needed to lead. This is challenging them to speak to a HS assembly when they don't want to public speak. This is learning to hold a conversation and not depend on text for communication. This is going to the best to be the best in all areas of life.

From the very beginning we dreamed about a training center with a purpose. A purpose of helping our senior level athletes steward their time and skills and not "waste" their prime years on training. To use the 12 hours in the day to help them mature and grow... if you are training for 6 hours a day (that is a stretch on most days) what could you be doing with the rest of your time? Be an RTC with a purpose.

I am not naive to say we have it figured out and that it will be easy (or even clean) but I am excited to see what could happen and what type of guy this will attract. Not every senior level wrestler wants this. It is fun to think about the opportunity the BRTC has to impact the state and beyond because we (the state of WI) care enough about our senior level wrestlers to support and cultivate passionate wrestlers and courageous men. 

That gets me excited! I don't know about you?!
Thanks for the detailed response.  This sounds very productive and I can see where it will attract senior level wrestlers who see the value in these opportunities to develop beyond the mat. 

wrastle63

Exciting to see the BRTC and how they can do at Fargo and also their impact and growth in the future.

leg turk

Will Barry Davis be helping in this new project?