Ohio St vs Wisconsin,. 1-06-2017

Started by leg turk, January 03, 2017, 09:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

Numbers

Do the Badgers wrestlers win more matches than the Men's hockey team scores goals that night vs. Michigan State?

This could be interesting.  Since tOSU is ranked higher nationally, the Badger Wrestling team will win any ties in this prop.

I assume hockey will have the higher attendance.

lizard king

Depends on who wrestles.  You can almost be certain that OSU won't wrestle everyone, and the badgers?

wrastle63

Feel like the Badgers will win 3 or 4 matches. I don't think Snyder will wrestle.

littleguy301

not sure about snyder if he will wrestle or not.

isnt he taking some time off in Febuary to wrestle? Guess that is a tough situation to even guess.

I do think the Badgers will be closer than one might think. Just because I also think that ohio state may not bring all the top end wrestlers.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

npope

tOSU has a history of not wrestling their best guys without explanation. Can't remember, but did the two Jordans go at it with each other in the most recent dual, or did one or the other sit it out? Would love to see Synder and Medbery...if the coaching staffs don't decide that it is best that one or the other doesn't wrestle.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Barou

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 04, 2017, 04:37:53 PM
Winners
125 Jose Rodriquez =Major
133 NATO = Tech or Pin
141 Luke Pletcher = Decision
149 Micah Jordan =Decision
157 Jake Ryan = Major
165 Zeke Jordan = Major
174 Bo Jordan = Major
184 Myles Martin =Major
197 Kollin Moore =Decision maybe major
Hwt I don't know
Ohio State 8 maybe 9 matches to 2 maybe 1 matches Badgers

That looks about right.  I think UW can keep 174 and 184 to decisions.  I don't know much about Pletcher.  Is there a chance Martin can win that one (assuming he isn't sick).

No way that HWY match happens.  If you travel to watch the dual for that match, you will be disappointed.  The only even possibility is if the dual is on the line and I don't even know if that would be enough.  Either Snyder is wrestling internationally or hurt or Medberry is hurt or ill, it won't happen.
JHI Mafia

wrastle63

197 will be a decision. Moore had to get a takedown late in the third to win against Robertson earlier this year. Doubt its a major.

Barou

Quote from: Barou on January 05, 2017, 08:10:21 AM
Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 04, 2017, 04:37:53 PM
Winners
125 Jose Rodriquez =Major
133 NATO = Tech or Pin
141 Luke Pletcher = Decision
149 Micah Jordan =Decision
157 Jake Ryan = Major
165 Zeke Jordan = Major
174 Bo Jordan = Major
184 Myles Martin =Major
197 Kollin Moore =Decision maybe major
Hwt I don't know
Ohio State 8 maybe 9 matches to 2 maybe 1 matches Badgers

That looks about right.  I think UW can keep 174 and 184 to decisions.  I don't know much about Pletcher.  Is there a chance Martin can win that one (assuming he isn't sick).

No way that HWY match happens.  If you travel to watch the dual for that match, you will be disappointed.  The only even possibility is if the dual is on the line and I don't even know if that would be enough.  Either Snyder is wrestling internationally or hurt or Medberry is hurt or ill, it won't happen.

Now that I see UW is pulling JJ out of RS I believe we keep 125 to a decision.
JHI Mafia

lizard king

I think the UW badgers will do better than you think.  I'm telling you they were tough at Midlands and if that happens the score will still be bad, but not the big scores that are expected.

Barou

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 05, 2017, 08:40:37 AM
Pletcher is a stud he could beat Martin at full strength. And Moore is wrestling really good now. He gave Cox a blazes of a match! If he wrestles that way it will be a major!

I also read after my post how good Pletcher is so ya he'll get the win.  I watched Cox vs Moore as well, good match.  Seemed like Cox was a little gassed and will be at full speed come tournament time.  Is Moore a bonus type guy?
JHI Mafia

wrastle63

How good is Pletcher? He didn't place at Midlands. Martin vs him fulls strength Martin wins.

npope

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 05, 2017, 04:52:39 PM
In my Mike Tyson voice I will say to you "your words are ludicrous and delusional." 

That's kinda funny  :D
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

gijd

Pletcher is a true 133 pounder wrestling up a wt. class b/c of  2x AA (and champ) Nathan Tomasello currently wrestling 133 for the Buckeyes. Pletcher is very good on the feet, just wonder if Martin can beat him on the mat. Should be a good match if Martin is healthy, and I wouldn't count out Martin. Correct if I'm wrong, but didn't Martin give Joey McKenna a good match earlier in the year and take him down? Anything can happen, that's why they wrestle the matches.

wrastle63

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 05, 2017, 04:52:39 PM
Luke Pletcher has some major credentials!  He has beaten a lot of the best in the nation. You are so blinded by your Badger love that you can't see reality!  In my Mike Tyson voice I will say to you "your words are ludicrous and delusional." 
Who has Pletcher beat this year? He wrestled at 33 most of year. This isn't high school moving up a weight class isn't easy.  Martin has a much better resume this year and at this weight which is what matters