Big Announcement

Started by H. Hogan, September 17, 2016, 10:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barou

Quote from: npope on September 20, 2016, 04:26:14 PM
Quote from: NoFear on September 20, 2016, 01:57:17 PM
I found this definition of an Associate Head Coach

99.9% of the time this is the head coach wanting to acknowledge the contribution of a longtime assistant, and that their responsibilities are greater than that of the typical assistant. It nearly never includes more pay, and certainly doesn't mean they are the head coach in waiting. It's a show of respect, and a title that doesn't change their responsibilities.

It would be interesting to see the source of that definition ;)

I thought when Donny P. got the "promotion" to associate head coach there was a pay raise with it.  Maybe not.

The bigger news was losing another committed top recruit than the coaching title jockeying IMO.  We lose a top recruit and promote from within on the same day? 
JHI Mafia

NoFear

They didn't mention Kyle at all in the article.

wrestle03

Thielke is not coming back.  Period.  Coming back for what?  Would he even crack the starting lineup?  That's an honest question.

wrestle03

I would concur, a degree from the UW may be reason enough to come back and go to class, but he certainly is not re-joining the Badger wrestling team.

MarkK

Finish the degree.  That is important enough. 
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

empty99

Wow! JT isn't coming back. Just a bad joke alluding to him being a legit college wrestler, if he could get out from bottom. I sure wish there was something else to talk about with Badger wrestling...

dad 2 5

Wonder if Trevor can reel in KV
Kevin Vough (No. 5 at 285, No. 23 on Senior Big Board) - You'd be hard pressed to find a school that doesn't need a big man, particularly one who seems to care enough about college wrestling to show up to Super 32. For better or worse, upperweights tend to get the short end of the stick early on due to football season. But Vough is slated to make an appearance in Greensboro and hopefully prove to college coaches that he is the quality big man they can count on to wrestle and not play football in college.

From Flo Web site