Big Announcement

Started by H. Hogan, September 17, 2016, 10:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkK

Regardless, I say good for Trevor.   I'm happy for him.  I hope it is just the start of something huge for him and Bucky wrestling. 
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

NoFear

Is Kyle Ruschell still on the coaching staff?

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bkraus

Strive for Perfection

Jimmy

It seems in the past when the title of associate head coach is added to to an assistants name it is to try and hang onto them and keep the wolves at bay.I wonder if any of this is going on with Trevor i.e. getting offers from other programs.

DocWrestling

It would have been a big announcement if they named Trevor head coach and Barry associate head coach.

I will be honest and was thinking that when I saw the tweet I was wondering if Barry was stepping down and taking another position within the athletic department and he was happy about it for him as well as for Trevor.  At least there would have been change.  The only change yesterday was the lost recruit.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

NoFear

I found this definition of an Associate Head Coach

99.9% of the time this is the head coach wanting to acknowledge the contribution of a longtime assistant, and that their responsibilities are greater than that of the typical assistant. It nearly never includes more pay, and certainly doesn't mean they are the head coach in waiting. It's a show of respect, and a title that doesn't change their responsibilities.

atrain

Quote from: coconut joe on September 20, 2016, 11:49:18 AM
Quote from: thedecider on September 18, 2016, 08:42:55 AM
The prodigal son is returning. Jesse Thielke is coming back to UW wrestling.

Why on earth would they bring him back?!?

Wait, are you just trying to stir the pot?! That's my deal and you need to back the puck off.

It would shock me if they bring him back.

dman

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: coconut joe on September 20, 2016, 11:49:18 AM
Quote from: thedecider on September 18, 2016, 08:42:55 AM
The prodigal son is returning. Jesse Thielke is coming back to UW wrestling.

Why on earth would they bring him back?!?

Wait, are you just trying to stir the pot?! That's my deal and you need to back the puck off.

Why wouldn't they!!!!!?? potential NCAA Champion, the prodigal son, all couples spat, the great ones make up and make it work

npope

Quote from: NoFear on September 20, 2016, 01:57:17 PM
I found this definition of an Associate Head Coach

99.9% of the time this is the head coach wanting to acknowledge the contribution of a longtime assistant, and that their responsibilities are greater than that of the typical assistant. It nearly never includes more pay, and certainly doesn't mean they are the head coach in waiting. It's a show of respect, and a title that doesn't change their responsibilities.

It would be interesting to see the source of that definition ;)
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

empty99

Love Trevor. Not 100% sold on this position. I heard JT was going to come back, if just get out from under of where he is at now...

mkm13

I hope Jesse does come back.  If he focuses on folkstyle and wrestles at a weight he is not undersized, I still think he has very good potential.  IMO it would also be good for wisconsin wrestling in general as a lot of kids look up to him.

aarons23

Quote from: empty99 on September 20, 2016, 08:44:34 PM
if just get out from under of where he is at now...

What is this statement suppossed to mean?  He is not under anything...he is is coaching kids at Ringers, has done several camps for other and is also the guessed speaker this morning at the Fellowship of Christian athletes in Slinger this morning.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

bigG

Quote from: mkm13 on September 21, 2016, 06:30:00 AM
I hope Jesse does come back.  If he focuses on folkstyle and wrestles at a weight he is not undersized, I still think he has very good potential.  IMO it would also be good for wisconsin wrestling in general as a lot of kids look up to him.

Be nice just to come back to school. I like to see our kids graduate, sport or not. Hope Jesse the best whatever he chooses.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.