Serious Questions for Wisconsin Fans

Started by wrestlinglife1, March 17, 2016, 11:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micah

Quote from: Barou on March 18, 2016, 04:48:21 PM
Quote from: lizard king on March 18, 2016, 03:37:43 PM
I just happen to spend time with a wrestler who trained with JT.  He tells me that he wanted a release from WI because if he does well in the Olympics in future years, he does not want UW or any of the coaches claiming credit.   IF that is true, wow, they took a kid who really stuck with them in the beginning to that point, sad.

I believe it. How credible is your guy?

If you go back and read JT's press release he made a statement about going to the OTC to work with coaches that care about him.  The weird thing is Barry is a great guy, from my experiences with him.  He guys that love him like Hammen and guys that have nothing good to say about the program (JT, Crass and other guys I know from back in the late 90s early 2000s.  There is a disconnect somewhere because Barry is a great guy but the team seems polarized.  I think one has to be a part of the program to see what it is.

Musky Hunter

Congrats on Zeke getting to the finals!!! 

bigoil

BD bent over backwards to accommodate JT's 7 year plan.

aarons23

Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

bigoil

The only 7 year plan I have ever heard of.

wrestler6

Tomorrow if zeke beats Alex I guarantee everyone will have different thoughts.  If he loses we're back hearing this inappropriate term5 again we've heard from all the haters.  It's a good club, good coach, better recruits every year. Just back the badgers, if you can do better, by all means try to take Barry's spot!!! Go Bucky and go zeke, I'm cheering against a good ol Wisconsin boy yes just because it's the badgers!!
Tyler

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Wrestler6. Where have you been???  You sound like Hammen's twin.
I'm rooting for Isaac to beat AD. If he does it doesn't change the fact that Barry Davis is a poor coach at the D1 level. OK, average at best. The program is not in good shape.

Musky Hunter

Quote from: Brett Favre on March 18, 2016, 10:02:57 PM
Wrestler6. Where have you been???  You sound like Hammen's twin.
I'm rooting for Isaac to beat AD. If he does it doesn't change the fact that Barry Davis is a poor coach at the D1 level. OK, average at best. The program is not in good shape.

Does your complaining help bring the program to a better level?  If so, how? 

If you want to help how about support the staff and the young men busting it to get better.

Just a thought.  That is how we are different.

wrestler6

Brett Favre.... I've been at every meet, the big 10's and am in New York... Lol that's where I've been! How about yourself. Keep complaining, bitchin and moaning and sit behind your computer and down talk these kids like you all do best............ Meanwhile I'll be here supporting them and will give them all props and the recognition they all deserve, oh also also Barry too. !!
Tyler

empty99

Take away one wrestler and we would still beat No Colorado at -1 in the tourney, but not many others. Food for thought, Who is coaching our guys up to 157? Who wrestles and coaches our light guys? Why has Graff not set foot in the room since his last day as a Badger? We need a coach at these weights who relevant, and can still wrestle with them. The JRob plan works, where you bring in great assistants and let them work. I'm not a Barry fan, I just think he's a fool. He should have done everything he could to keep some of the great assistants that have come through the program and took the glory. Like a JRob, and so many others.

Micah

Quote from: empty99 on March 19, 2016, 09:30:36 AM
Take away one wrestler and we would still beat No Colorado at -1 in the tourney, but not many others. Food for thought, Who is coaching our guys up to 157? Who wrestles and coaches our light guys? Why has Graff not set foot in the room since his last day as a Badger? We need a coach at these weights who relevant, and can still wrestle with them. The JRob plan works, where you bring in great assistants and let them work. I'm not a Barry fan, I just think he's a fool. He should have done everything he could to keep some of the great assistants that have come through the program and took the glory. Like a JRob, and so many others.

That's most teams though you take away one guy they don't score any points.  Is Graff coaching anywhere?  I assume he is still training for the Olympic trials.

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Wrestler6, I have always supported the UW wrestlers. I've been to lots of duals, big tens and nationals several times. I am a huge UW wrestling supporter. I've watched this program rise from the basement to 4th in the nation and now back to the basement. I have coached some kids that have wrestled for UW and know many of the parents both former and current as well as some of the coaches both former and current.  I have seen Barry in action and have heard many stories from wrestlers and parents over the years.
Many of the people who follow UW Wrestling are frustrated. We hear the same excuses every year and more and more people are getting sick of it. We would like to see UW Wrestling compete at a higher level and the only way that will be possible is if Barry Davis is replaced with a good, young, energetic coach that can recruit nationwide. So today I will sit behind my computer and root for Isaac Jordan against A.D.
You and Hammen can sit there and criticize anyone that wants Davis gone but you are in the minority.

Musky Hunter

Quote from: Brett Favre on March 19, 2016, 10:12:40 AM
Wrestler6, I have always supported the UW wrestlers. I've been to lots of duals, big tens and nationals several times. I am a huge UW wrestling supporter. I've watched this program rise from the basement to 4th in the nation and now back to the basement. I have coached some kids that have wrestled for UW and know many of the parents both former and current as well as some of the coaches both former and current.  I have seen Barry in action and have heard many stories from wrestlers and parents over the years.
Many of the people who follow UW Wrestling are frustrated. We hear the same excuses every year and more and more people are getting sick of it. We would like to see UW Wrestling compete at a higher level and the only way that will be possible is if Barry Davis is replaced with a good, young, energetic coach that can recruit nationwide. So today I will sit behind my computer and root for Isaac Jordan against A.D.
You and Hammen can sit there and criticize anyone that wants Davis gone but you are in the minority.

Do you think you complaining on this forum will do any good at all?  That is why I always laugh at it.  These wrestlers see it and try and laugh it off.  Just don't understand what good you think you are doing for this program you so love.  Please explain. 

empty99

Micah

Quote from: empty99 on March 19, 2016, 11:53:20 AM
Graff is with Donny at Rutgers

Didn't know that, Donny and Graff two pretty good assistants.