Serious Questions for Wisconsin Fans

Started by wrestlinglife1, March 17, 2016, 11:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dman

5 points after Day 1....not trying to bash but how can anyone think that is okay??

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: leg turk on March 18, 2016, 08:58:46 AM
Eaves just got fired!!!!!!!!  Look at what Alvarez said.

"I like Mike and I respect Mike," Alvarez said. "All those things play into it. That's what makes it very hard.

"These are never easy decisions, but I've got a responsibility to the university, to our fans and to everyone else. It's just not acceptable at Wisconsin to have a hockey program in this state where we are right now."

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2016/3/18/alvarez-change-of-direction-needed-for-mens-hockey.aspx

Hockey generates more revenue then wrestling

stp

Quote from: wrestlinglife1 on March 17, 2016, 11:53:02 PM
How can LJ Bentley beat up Jimenez so bad? In high school, that might have been a tech fall for Jimenez.

Why do you say that?  Bently placed twice at state in PA and was ranked top 20 in his weight class coming out of HS.  LJ didn't win state titles but was still highly ranked. 
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

leg turk

Quote from: Ivan Stankowski on March 18, 2016, 09:50:11 AM

"I like Mike and I respect Mike," Alvarez said. "All those things play into it. That's what makes it very hard.

"These are never easy decisions, but I've got a responsibility to the university, to our fans and to everyone else. It's just not acceptable at Wisconsin to have a hockey program in this state where we are right now."

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2016/3/18/alvarez-change-of-direction-needed-for-mens-hockey.aspx

Does womens basketball also generate more?  He had no problem getting rid of that head coach this year.

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: leg turk on March 18, 2016, 10:18:24 AM
Quote from: Ivan Stankowski on March 18, 2016, 09:50:11 AM

Does womens basketball also generate more?  He had no problem getting rid of that head coach this year.

I do not know but In 2009/2010, six UW sports finished in the top 15 nationally in attendance, with men's and women's hockey each leading the nation. More than 1.3 million fans attend UW home games each year. That is a huge draw!!!

DocWrestling

Badgers revenue sports I think are
Football
Men's basketball
Women's basketball
Men's Hockey

I think women's volleyball may be close now with their success and crowds.

I highly doubt women's hockey is considering they have their own rink and that has to cost a ton to maintain.

It will be interesting if the they hire the women's hockey coach to now coach the men's team.  Many wanted him to be the men's coach when Eaves was hired.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

wrestlinglife1

FinalWord

Quote from: dman on March 18, 2016, 09:44:07 AM
5 points after Day 1....not trying to bash but how can anyone think that is okay??

I think its a disgrace. A number of people are "pleased" with this years strong showing. MNbadger believes we should never complain.
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

wrestle03

I could not agree more with wrestlinglife1.  Anyone who thinks this program is going in the right direction is delusional.  Yes, Hammen, that includes you and your love affair with Barry. 
There are a whole bunch of "average" wrestlers on this team.  Whom of these guys have gotten better because of Barry or the other coaches?  Please tell me.  Who can you say over the course of the year greatly improved?  No one. Oh, but wait til next year..........................................................!  What a joke.

dad 2 5

I would say the two that I saw improve the most this year from last are RC and Brock. I think JJ, RT, IJ all improved some. We knew 97 was going to be weak and I am still surprise one of the freshmen did not get the weight. Crone I am not sure. There were flashes again this year but I suspect he is beat up badly. RR is the one I did not see coming. Big step backwards start at the end of last year. I have a crazy theory on that one. So I believe there has been improvement but just NOT at the level we all would hope for.

dad 2 5

good question on two years from now:
16-17 line up
25  cullen
33  JJ
41  rt/ lantz
49  crone
57  lubeck
65  scharenbrock
74  jordan
84  christensen
97  ritter
H   medbery

some potential for good ncaa showing medbery, jordan, rt maybe jj rc ritter and outside shot crone, lubeck

17-18 line up
25 recruit or cullen
33 JJ
41 lantz/martin
49 stickley/covaciu
57 crone/wick
65 scharenbrock
74 robertson/wick/quintanilla
84 christensen
97 ritter
h   recruit or chadd

show be able to get 33, 41, 49, 57, 65, 74, 84, 97 to the ncaa with 2 possible AA

lizard king

I just happen to spend time with a wrestler who trained with JT.  He tells me that he wanted a release from WI because if he does well in the Olympics in future years, he does not want UW or any of the coaches claiming credit.   IF that is true, wow, they took a kid who really stuck with them in the beginning to that point, sad.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 18, 2016, 03:22:37 PM
good question on two years from now:
16-17 line up
25  cullen
33  JJ
41  rt/ lantz
49  crone
57  lubeck
65  scharenbrock
74  jordan
84  christensen
97  ritter
H   medbery

some potential for good ncaa showing medbery, jordan, rt maybe jj rc ritter and outside shot crone, lubeck

17-18 line up
25 recruit or cullen
33 JJ
41 lantz/martin
49 stickley/covaciu
57 crone/wick
65 scharenbrock
74 robertson/wick/quintanilla
84 christensen
97 ritter
h   recruit or chadd

show be able to get 33, 41, 49, 57, 65, 74, 84, 97 to the ncaa with 2 possible AA

why Jordan at 174? He barely looks big enough for 165

next year I would like to see marstellar at 174  ;D
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Barou

Quote from: lizard king on March 18, 2016, 03:37:43 PM
I just happen to spend time with a wrestler who trained with JT.  He tells me that he wanted a release from WI because if he does well in the Olympics in future years, he does not want UW or any of the coaches claiming credit.   IF that is true, wow, they took a kid who really stuck with them in the beginning to that point, sad.

I believe it. How credible is your guy?
JHI Mafia

MNbadger

Quote from: FinalWord on March 18, 2016, 02:27:50 PM
Quote from: dman on March 18, 2016, 09:44:07 AM

I think its a disgrace. A number of people are "pleased" with this years strong showing. MNbadger believes we should never complain.

??????  What makes you say this?
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan