Has Jesse wrestled his last match in a W singlet?

Started by Brett Favre - R.I.P., March 22, 2015, 10:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Drew, yes I do know Tyler personally.
Tyler comes from a family that is not well off financially and was grateful to UW for the education and the opportunity to compete
He did not want Barry in his corner during matches as did other UW wrestlers.
Barry is a much better cheerleader than a head coach

hammen

I'm going to have to laugh at those comments Brett. I know exactly where Tyler comes from. The Tyler Graff that I know very well loves Barry and respects his coaching. Just because you didn't see Barry in his corner during finals doesn't mean anything. Barry typically has zero voice by then, and was in his corner all other matches during that final tournament. Lots of head coaches aren't always in the corner during finals (Tom Ryan, Jrob, even Tom Brands to name a few).

bigG

Never doubt a celebrity, Goat. ;) If he sends you a little phone photo, don't open it! :o
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Huckfinn

Quote from: Street Glide on March 26, 2015, 08:58:15 AM
Quote from: Huckfinn on March 25, 2015, 02:50:09 PM
I'm not at all confident that I know JT's ceiling in college wrestling.   He beat a good wrestler in the first round of consolation bracket, then got hammered by a very good wrestler.    What is easy to see is he is not competitive against the physical 41s, he needs more muscle.

Don't you put your best wrestler on the mat?    Who knows what will happen.   If JT does some lifting, he might easily beat out the options next fall at 41.   Or maybe he is just done with college wrestling.

I do see where Doc is coming from with the shortage of scholarship in wrestling.    I see it up to JT, he's the one who has to commit to 41 folkstyle if that is his path.   If I were in BD's tennis shoes, I would make a commitment to JT if he does the same.

That was tried last year and backfired.

Really.  Backfired.    Who should have wrestled at 141 who would have been better?

I don't think this past season can be described as JT dedicating himself to wrestling 141 folkstyle.  It was a stopgap for JT and the Badgers.    What I'm proposing is 2015 be the year where JT defecates or gets off the pot, build-up to a full-sized 41 or move on to greco glories. 

I've just embarked on a watch of  the entire NCAA tournament on roku.   It will take me two months.  Ya, I'm a loser, want to make something of it?     Just re-watched JT's opening bout with Dean Heil, the fourth place finisher.  Jesse had the kid in a body lock, put him to his back, JT just did not have the strength to hold him there for points. Heil powered through.

JT is not chopped liver!    If he grows into the 41 job, he'll be an asset.   That's a big if.   I'm not giving up on him,  I want JT to throw eggs into one basket or another.

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

I know several former UW wrestlers that liked barry as a person but didn't want him in the corner. He is a terrible communicator.

hammen

Quote from: Brett Favre on March 27, 2015, 09:49:45 PM
I know several former UW wrestlers that liked barry as a person but didn't want him in the corner. He is a terrible communicator.

I may know a few more than you, and they would disagree with you Brett.

Briopiate

After observing JT at Home duals the last couple of years, after his losses. I don't know if one can question his commitment to folkstyle wrestling for UW...especially after the loss to Rodriguez from IL last year...He was emotionally destroyed after the match. Same thing this year after his losses...Tough to see him going through a tough emotional time and being consoled by his family.

imnofish

Quote from: Briopiate on March 27, 2015, 10:01:48 PM
After observing JT at Home duals the last couple of years, after his losses. I don't know if one can question his commitment to folkstyle wrestling for UW...especially after the loss to Rodriguez from IL last year...He was emotionally destroyed after the match. Same thing this year after his losses...Tough to see him going through a tough emotional time and being consoled by his family.

People looking at any situation from the outside can't usually get what those on the inside are going through, but you are obviously making a great effort to do so.  I bet JT would appreciate it if more people did the same.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

TLV

Quote from: hammen on March 27, 2015, 09:54:37 PM
Quote from: Brett Favre on March 27, 2015, 09:49:45 PM

I may know a few more than you, and they would disagree with you Brett.

Hey Brett, you are getting your (deleted word) kicked by Hammen. You may be bigger, but speed kills ya know?

( Hey, Tom, what the #^&* is wrong with $ signs??)
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

mkm13

Quote from: Briopiate on March 27, 2015, 10:01:48 PM

If Jesse comes back next year bigger/stronger and looking like a real 141 pounder IMO he is committed to folkstyle wrestling.  If he comes back at the size he was this year (geared toward making 130 for Greco), IMO his commitment to folkstyle is secondary compared to his other priorities. 

I am really pulling for Jesse and want to see him succeed, but if he does not get bigger/stronger, he will continue to get dominated by the top guys at 141.

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Hammen is not kicking my inappropriate term2 at all. He is a Barry lover and thinks the sun rises and sets on Barry's backside. I have a lot of knowledge from former wrestlers and former asst coaches. Drew will say anything to try and make BD look good. Wrestler 73 knows whats going on

hammen

Quote from: Brett Favre on March 28, 2015, 01:22:34 PM
Hammen is not kicking my ash at all. He is a Barry lover and thinks the sun rises and sets on Barry's backside. I have a lot of knowledge from former wrestlers and former asst coaches. Drew will say anything to try and make BD look good. Wrestler 73 knows whats going on

2nd or 3rd hand knowledge versus 1st hand knowledge. I say what I know from experience. You say what other people tell you. It's fun reading your second hand knowledge as if you experienced it. I get some good laughs from it. I would really love to know who you are because it would make it that much better, but you choose to post behind a screen name of a retired WI great.

hammen

I guess if I were talking crap about a former Coach of the Year and Olympic silver medalist I would do so behind a screen name as well.

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Being an Olympic silver medalist doesn't make you a great coach.
Having top notch assistants that do all the recruiting and most of the coaching can win you coach of the year

hammen

Quote from: Brett Favre on March 28, 2015, 03:51:22 PM
Being an Olympic silver medalist doesn't make you a great coach.
Having top notch assistants that do all the recruiting and most of the coaching can win you coach of the year

You're so big behind that screen Brett. Based on the way you are talking One would think you were in the room for all the workouts that year. I must've not seen you.