Redshirts performances

Started by head57, January 20, 2015, 10:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

head57

Any way to track how this year's redshirts have been performing in open tournaments?
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

Gutwrench

To add to the thread, does anybody have some specific insight/thoughts on the redshirts and their transition to possible varsity spots?  As an example, it was evident Ricky R was going to slide into a varsity spot and would be able to excel right away.  Which one(s) of the current crop of redshirts look like they are future players?

Dale Einerson

http://s201.trackwrestling.com/tw/seasons/MainFrame.jsp?TIM=1421774988362&twSessionId=mpiwmgaggxocdpc&loadBalanced=true

This link is all Wisconsin wrestling performances for the current season that were recorded on Track.  You will have to some hunting and pecking, but, should have all the available information you are seeking.

TomM

I washed mine with the whites and now everything is pink... aargh...  8)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Jimmy

Jens lantz = future stud at 141. Pounds

leg turk

Quote from: Jimmy on January 20, 2015, 02:42:09 PM

I thought he already was ?

Just remember, he will be going against a lot of other future studs.

Jimmy

Just starting his college career , kinda hard to say he is already there.he is already beating kids he lost to in high school so imo his future is bright

npope

Quote from: Jimmy on January 20, 2015, 03:09:54 PM
Just starting his college career , kinda hard to say he is already there.he is already beating kids he lost to in high school so imo his future is bright

Who has he beaten that beat him in HS? He didn't lose many, so I am curious. I looked at his RS year results and didn't see anyone of note.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

jaguarwrestler

like in 3 years?

unless he really bulks up I think he will be a bit small next year... I remember those saying he was taking it to Taylor in the room... yeah, makes me laugh every time I think of it. I would guess he barely walks around at 141, to move up that far from HS in two years will take a lot of time in the weight room. I see him with a winning records in the next year or two but not approaching AA contention until Jr or Sr years. He will be a very quality wrestler to have in the program, but they could always recruit someone even better in the next year or two and who knows. That is the crazy thing about B1G wrestling, so many studs you may not make your own team.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

leg turk

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on January 20, 2015, 05:18:54 PM

like in 3 years?

unless he really bulks up I think he will be a bit small next year... I remember those saying he was taking it to Taylor in the room... yeah, makes me laugh every time I think of it. I would guess he barely walks around at 141, to move up that far from HS in two years will take a lot of time in the weight room. I see him with a winning records in the next year or two but not approaching AA contention until Jr or Sr years. He will be a very quality wrestler to have in the program, but they could always recruit someone even better in the next year or two and who knows. That is the crazy thing about B1G wrestling, so many studs you may not make your own team.

I didn't want to rain on Jimmy's parade, but I feel the same way....  I remember when many thought Thielke would be a multi All American.

Jimmy

Gut wrench asked for a prediction , I gave one. I said future not tomorrow. Marmeleo beat him at the cheese. Jens recently returned the favor

mkm13

Based on performances so far, I would say Ryan Christiansen is the only real likely starter next year out of the redshirts (at 174).  Christiansen had 2 losses earlier in the year (1 to Nick Becker), but dominated his last tournament including majoring a good Iowa recruit.  Stilling will likely push Christiansen at 174, as he has wrestled pretty well this year as well.  

Assuming this is Thielke's last year at UW, Rowh and Lantz will be battling Grahek for 141.  I would give Rowh a slight edge unless Lantz is able to get bigger over the next year.  

Scharenbrock has a few loses this year but might be in the mix at 157.  I would give Donar or a healthy Liegel an edge at this point.  

197 could be a weak weight next year.  Peissig appears to be the likely starter there next year, unless they decide to not redshirt Ritter.

NWIS1

We had to put up with J. Lantz for four long years. Comparing Jens to JT makes me, once again, realize most of the Badger followers are ignorant. If you talk about hard work, dedication, determination, and a goal, only one fits that description and its the farm kid from Ellsworth.

leg turk

Quote from: NWIS1 on January 20, 2015, 07:42:20 PM
We had to put up with J. Lantz for four long years. Comparing Jens to JT makes me, once again, realize most of the Badger followers are ignorant. If you talk about hard work, dedication, determination, and a goal, only one fits that description and its the farm kid from Ellsworth.

Lol

Musky Hunter

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on January 20, 2015, 05:18:54 PM

like in 3 years?

[/quote

It is funny how RT has been beat up in practice by Lantz and Jimenez according to this board.  I really hope Lantz pans out.  Hard working kid for all I have read about him.  Best of luck to him!  I will be watching for sure.