Wisconsin Badgers at NDSU 2pm Sunday, December 30, 2014

Started by TomM, November 29, 2014, 08:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harris

Those are some big wins today against some really good competition.  Nice team win!  Even the guys who lost went down fighting.  Love to see that fight.  Look out when the Badgers get rolling on all cylinders because they got talent.  Hope this weekend gives the team some momentum. 

Manty77

That kid JT beat was no slouch. His Bio: 

Mitch Bengtson:  Rated as national Top 100 recruit out of St. Cloud Apollo High School ... Four-time Minnesota state champion under head coach and father Tim Bengston ... Ranks second all-time in Minnesota prep history with 265-6 record ... Finished career with 195 varsity pins ... Had a stretch of 179 consecutive wins ... Three-time All-American and reached finals once at the USA Wrestling Greco-Roman Junior National Championships held at the Fargodome ... All-American at USA Wrestling Freestyle Junior National Championships ... Placed second at USA Wrestling Greco-Roman Cadet National Championship and third at the Freestyle Cadet National Championship

littleguy301

Mitch B is a very good wrestler and that is/was a good win by Thieke. With the up and down last month that it sounds like he had, good way to get on the right track and get his season going.

Zillmer is a very good wrestler also. Give Robertson some time and maybe nationals it becomes a different result. Though I have to put this in there, I believe Zillmers highest weight he wrestled in High School was around 130 and now a solid 84 pounder. That is some growth there those his dad is a big man so I guess it would be a matter of time.

NDSU is a good program and while some may not think this is an earth shaking win, I am very happy to see that the Badgers are getting on track and remember this is still NOvember and small steps until the end of February is just what we need.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet