NCAA List comes out today

Started by HMsDad, March 12, 2014, 07:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harley

Can the Badgers fill out some sort of Protest? What is the Criteria, we want answers

Briopiate

Gutwrench

Quote from: hammen on March 12, 2014, 03:31:38 PM
Man - no Jesse but Sabatello gets in.

What a fricken crock!!  What a horrible call by the committee.  I agree with Harley, we want answers  >:(

Numbers

Quote from: Micah on March 12, 2014, 03:35:24 PM
Unreal, that could make someone sick.
Purdue had the AQ spot for the Big Ten and he gave it to IL by losing 3-2 before getting thumped in the 7th place match.  So he had 2 chances this weekend to earn the spot.  The committee must have thought he really earned it before this weekend?

JT did not get to wrestle IL this weekend because of Purdue.  Just don't agree with this one (but my vote does not count).

easytopin

easytopin

Gutwrench

Quote from: easytopin on March 12, 2014, 03:48:10 PM
Any common opponents?

Yeah each other......result JT was the winner.

buc65

Quote from: whatever on March 12, 2014, 03:16:22 PM
I talked to a family member of Hein's and he has had a couple of concussions this year.

Hein has a knee injury also.  It definitely affected him at the Big Ten tournament.

jaguarwrestler

I don't get how the kid he majored makes it over him or Shyhiem Brown

Brown has about the same record but no where near the same competition and finished 6th in a 7 man bracket in the ACC with a medical FF in the 5th place match.

I think JT is just a product of his schedule.... he wrestled 12 or 13 matches against ranked wrestlers... 10 of those ranked in the top 15... Brown has had like 6 or 7 matches against top 15... Brown made it in ahead of a person he lost to at conference. Brown has lost to 4 unranked wrestlers, I believe JT lost to 1 unranked... I don't get it.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Spartan

Look, I was hoping that Jesse would get in just like everyone else. That being said, Jesse ended up 7th at the big ten tournament which left his bid for nationals in other peoples hands. He had his opportunity on Sunday against the kid from Iowa, he wins that match he is in, but when you let other people make the decision sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. The committee looks at all factors, Record, conference finish, RPI, record against qualifiers. For whatever reason he did not get in and the kid from Purdue did. Hopefully it drives him to come back stronger next year, Be positive that Hein got in after going 0-2 at the tournament. But like I said if you want to qualify win the matches that get you the automatic bid, or don't be upset when you don't get picked.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on March 12, 2014, 03:58:53 PM
I don't get how the kid he majored makes it over him or Shyhiem Brown

Brown has about the same record but no where near the same competition and finished 6th in a 7 man bracket in the ACC with a medical FF in the 5th place match.

I think JT is just a product of his schedule.... he wrestled 12 or 13 matches against ranked wrestlers... 10 of those ranked in the top 15... Brown has had like 6 or 7 matches against top 15... Brown made it in ahead of a person he lost to at conference. Brown has lost to 4 unranked wrestlers, I believe JT lost to 1 unranked... I don't get it.

Brown even lost to a couple wrestlers with losing records in D1... I swear they just didn't want to give the UW 9 entries, I would like to hear how you don't make it over the guy you just destroyed, I mean it is not like it was a 3-2 match... it was 18-6
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

I'm down in florida. Congrats to Jackson making it. Great kid, great work ethic.

Barou

Brown even lost to a couple wrestlers with losing records in D1... I swear they just didn't want to give the UW 9 entries, I would like to hear how you don't make it over the guy you just destroyed, I mean it is not like it was a 3-2 match... it was 18-6
[/quote]

I'm sure that's it. They just didn't want give uw 9 entries.
JHI Mafia

Ghetto

I can understand, in general, JT not getting in. His record against top opponents was something like 1-10 before the Big Tens. You gotta beat more than one ranked kid.

But then to watch him smash a kid at Big Tens and have that same kid make it, makes little sense. Add on top of that win that he (JT) is just flat out dangerous with his upper body, I just think that should amount to something.

I was told over the weekend that he's under before practice, which is kinda scary in the Big Ten. Some of those guys are coming down a long way to get to 141. I'm not big on predictions, but to poke the bear even more and motivate this kid to get better, and he's gonna be scary next year. I hope Graff stays in town at the RTC, because it will help JT as well.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

easytopin

JT's stock appears to be on the rise but I agree above that if you take 6th and their is no discussion.  Kind of like get the takedown and don't complain about the stalling calling call or lack of stalling call.  When you put your chances in someone else's hand you get what you get.  I'm sure many were surprised that Jackson got in...sometimes it works out for you and sometimes it doesn't.