UW vs NDSU Sunday, February 2, 2014

Started by leg turk, January 26, 2014, 08:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manty77

Thielke is a RS Fr.  Last year was his redshirt year.

Badger_Fan

Quote from: billymurphy on January 31, 2014, 10:57:42 PM
Are we wrong to be listing Thielke as a sophomore on here? Shouldn't we correct that to accurately list him as redshirt freshman?
I watched Hein wrestle last year and he looked like he was knocking on the door.  I sure hope he is at full strength by Big Ten Tournament time as we need him.
It has occurred to me that after Penn State, Iowa, and Minnesota, the Badgers have shown they certainly are capable of at least competing with
teams like Michigan, Nebraska, and Illinois. Even if we finish slightly behind those teams we are looking at 7th place Big Ten Tournament finish, worst case scenario.
The Badgers certainly should be able to finish ahead of Ohio State and Northwestern as they are down this year, but
seeing who Ohio State and Northwestern have recruited, you can bet those teams will become much tougher in a year or two. 

In regards to your last point, we have been hearing that for years. tOSU is always "next year..."  At some point the recruiting rankings don't matter - Steiber is going to be a senior next year and they are no closer to winning a national title.

billymurphy

I am not handing them the national title.  But on paper their lineup will be a major challenge for the Badgers to finish ahead of in a few years.
They will have several top 10 national recruits potentially in their lineup in a year or two.
But yes, they are like Penn State before Cael got there, where they should be doing a whole lot better than they are.

bigG

Anyone watch Nebraska/Purdue on BTN. The one announcer referred to the shoulder pressure move as "the Wizard."
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

stbird

I love it when the students do the announcing!  Usually I'm just rolling around on the floor  laughing so hard at the things they say.  One of my favorites is when the bottom man does a stand up but gets returned to the mat and the announcers can't understand why the top guy didn't get 2 points for a takedown!  I love it!

Quote from: bigG on February 01, 2014, 01:07:10 PM
Anyone watch Nebraska/Purdue on BTN. The one announcer referred to the shoulder pressure move as "the Wizard."

imnofish

Quote from: stbird on February 03, 2014, 11:49:47 AM
I love it when the students do the announcing!  Usually I'm just rolling around on the floor  laughing so hard at the things they say.  One of my favorites is when the bottom man does a stand up but gets returned to the mat and the announcers can't understand why the top guy didn't get 2 points for a takedown!  I love it!

Quote from: bigG on February 01, 2014, 01:07:10 PM

I'm still anticipating mention of the "pretzel hold."  ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!