and the problem is ....... Rodgers?

Started by neutral, December 21, 2015, 09:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

littleguy301

Quote from: ramjet on December 29, 2015, 02:30:40 PM
Do you think the line is undersized?

That is a good question.

Really not sure if they are undersized or just out of postion for their size.

Not sure of the workout program they are on but I do question some upper body strength in our OL. They dont seem to have a good solid first punch. Though it could be the fact their foot work is poor and not able to get in a good first punch because they are out of position to deliever it.

I think the 2 back up guards are in the 330 to 340 range not sure but close, I think that would be pretty good size right there and on the big size. Sitton and Lang 300-310 I would guess. Yes they do look a tick undersized compare to some of the beast at DT.

Good question though ram, what do you think?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

ramjet

I actually wonder if it's more the zone blocking scheme.

But more so once a team exposes weakness the other teams jump on the bandwagon and run the same defensive schemes. Help from the back field seems we get torched on certain blitzes that in the past we would defeat with a quick release. Time for the release has increased I think the line is really being challenged to hold those blocks for that increased time. Much of this is the routes by the receivers and getting off coverage. Most teams are loading the box on Green Bay. Why? Because our recievers cannot get off the coverage and they are not reading the blitz and cutting off those routes or adjusting accordingly. We had quite a few holding penalties that reeks of getting beat off the snap like you said foot work or assignment recognition. Lineman that work together recognize and share tendencies........trust they have to trust the other guy is going to pickup the stunt and you can stay with your block. If that trust is interupted because of injury or change of personnel or missed assignment that may just set everything into a tail spin. Down goes Rodgers.

Tight ends not getting a chip on those big outside rush LB or ends is also hurting us if they do not chip those guys and knock them off the rush lane it's tough for a tackle to get out there.

Rodgers is really uncomfortable right now his footwork is not what it has been he was always so sure about his movement in the pocket now he just gets happy feet and goes down. Why aren't we rolling him out encouraging more QB runs it will slow down blitzes and it will stop the cover two.

Yea I think our line is big enough.

littleguy301

I think TT is drafting the wrong guys for his scheme or has gone away from what worked some years past.

Sure for the zone blocking you need athletes on the line or at least guys that move well in space.

I just think the line is lost, missing blocks, not blocking anyone and they seem confused as to who to block. I cannt figure out why at times other defenses get so much inside pressure. First rule of thumb is to block down and we have guys turning out and missing the inside guy.

your right a chip on the OLB/DE would help the OL in checking down inside before going out and getting those OLB/DE types.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ivan Stankowski

How many more years left does Rodgers have? When do they draft a QB and start grooming him for the future?

ramjet

Not sure he just signed an extension and I think he could play 10 more. Now if he chooses too is a different discussion.