and the problem is ....... Rodgers?

Started by neutral, December 21, 2015, 09:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

I think his hair gets in his eyes, limiting his situational awareness and reaction time.  Sampson, he ain't.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

maggie

her ya go ya TT Lovers!...about No free agents....remember this stupid statement?.....""So to those around here irritated that the Packers general manager Ted Thompson has done zilch through free agency, Polian chuckles, Fans in Green Bay should not go crazy, "They should applaud Ted."  - Bill Polian..the guy who helped Buffalo to 4 super bowls, BUT LOST THEM ALL, he was also later fired by owner Jim Irsay after the Colts finished with a 2–14 record in the 2011 season...LINEMEN!   WE NEED LINEMEN!
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

Quote from: maggie on December 28, 2015, 12:55:06 PM
her ya go ya TT Lovers!...about No free agents....remember this stupid statement?.....""So to those around here irritated that the Packers general manager Ted Thompson has done zilch through free agency, Polian chuckles, Fans in Green Bay should not go crazy, "They should applaud Ted."  - Bill Polian..the guy who helped Buffalo to 4 super bowls, BUT LOST THEM ALL, he was also later fired by owner Jim Irsay after the Colts finished with a 2–14 record in the 2011 season...LINEMEN!   WE NEED LINEMEN!

So fire TT and it will all get better instantly?

ummmm interesting.

littleguy301

While TT has way more knowledge that I will ever have I have in questions him many, many times with our lack of drafting linemen.

I know in recent years he has drafted a couple a year but he also went several years without drafting linemen or just one.

While linemen both offensive and defensive are not a pretty draft choice by anyone it is very neccesary in football especially when you have a gold mine like Rogers you need the best protection avaible which I feel we have shorted Rogers that. Sure at this point of his career he is fleet of foot but he will age and will need to be upright and pocket a little more down the years and this line and the lack of depth will not provide Rogers with this.

In the Packers offensive TT needs to draft 2 WR and 2OL every year. Not saying first round but the Pack needs to address this and often.

I would really like TT to sign some FA for depth but he doesnt do it so I sure hope he builds in the draft like this.

Why doesnt TT sign a few mid level FA for depth or good role players, I still cannt understand that but he has a system and has proven me wrong for years but I will stand by the fact we need linemen and more recievers.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

ramjet

Fair enough but let's consider this; if we did not have some of the issues we have this year would you feel the same. Essentially we have the same line as last year except with more injuries than last year. I look at NE they have about the same model as we use. Hard to argue the long term success they have had. A think about the significant injuries this year, Jordy (huge loss) Barrington real tough run stuffer. Quarless yes he was missed. Then consider some the teams that tons of star power yet are .500 or less.

It's tough to figure out even for us Monday morning QBs maybe that's why we want a definitive answer?

imnofish

Dominate the line of scrimmage and your skill positions suddenly become more skillful.  Funny how that works. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

npope

Quote from: imnofish on December 28, 2015, 10:37:05 PM
Dominate the line of scrimmage and your skill positions suddenly become more skillful.  Funny how that works. 

Very true. Those guys are far more important than people give them credit for.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

maggie

we need a few MORE good Linemen, not saying were all bad, but we knew going in a few were questionable for going the whole yr, and it's proven they couldn't, so why didn't he simply pick up a few through Free agency?      ANSWER: because he's a Cheap Bullhead fool!  ;)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

easytopin

Maybe we can bring back Derrick Sherrod to play tackle....TT believed he was the next Forrest Gregg and he should be healthy now.

imnofish

Quote from: npope on December 28, 2015, 11:18:55 PM
Quote from: imnofish on December 28, 2015, 10:37:05 PM

Very true. Those guys are far more important than people give them credit for.

When I coached football, I always said that all that separated wins and losses was the length of a football.  It's a rare athlete who can significantly elevate a team, without the benefit of a good line.

littleguy301

Quote from: ramjet on December 28, 2015, 04:41:06 PM
Fair enough but let's consider this; if we did not have some of the issues we have this year would you feel the same. Essentially we have the same line as last year except with more injuries than last year. I look at NE they have about the same model as we use. Hard to argue the long term success they have had. A think about the significant injuries this year, Jordy (huge loss) Barrington real tough run stuffer. Quarless yes he was missed. Then consider some the teams that tons of star power yet are .500 or less.

It's tough to figure out even for us Monday morning QBs maybe that's why we want a definitive answer?

I said it last year and in the draft that the Packers need to take a couple of OL or at least bring in a couple undrafted kids or FA for the OL. We have a gold mine in Rogers and the lack of protection is very poor in my book and it has been in the past years also.

I realize last year they played very well as a unit and did not have the trouble they have this year.

Assesment of the OL

RT,,,, Brian B while very good, he has been very injury prone and finding a good back up is a must. Hey I am a huge Don Barclay fan but he isnt cutting it at tackle.

Note: need to find a good back up tackle and let him learn the tackle spot

RG,,,,TJ Lang. I think he became a good lineman once the Packers settle on him in a spot. Good player but then again we need a good back up

C....Lindsey,,,,,probably the soundess spot on the OL and maybe the most depth at this one postiion on the roster. I like JC Tretter also so I think the Packers are sound here.

LG,,,,Sitton is very good but lets be honest he aint getting any younger and the Packers have NOT addressed the fact they need to develope a good guard at either spot.

LT,,,,I think Bakhkariti has been a pleasant suprise but isnt going to win any top tackle awards but if he can keep those pesky OL and DE off Rogers than I am happy. Though I will add that there is not backups on the roster that can be average at this spot as we have all seen in past weeks and years.

Back ups,,Barclay is the best of the bunch but hear me out on this, HE IS A GUARD!!! remember when he stepped in a few years back at guard and brought some aditude to the line when ??? was out. Barclay is a bulldozer and needs to be in those spots not the step back and wait to really just push a guy past him in protections he needs to go out and HAMMER someone and that is where he is the best!

I like JC tretter as a back up center and he a good backup to have on this line. I think if Lindsey goes down, the Pack are fine or better with JC at center than any of the other back ups at their respective positions. I do think Lane Taylor has an upside.

Jury is out on the others, we will see in the next week or 2 if they can handle the heat.

The problem as I see it the Packers draft guys they think they can play at ANY OL spot and be just alright. Maybe with the right guys but this group needs to be trained in one spot and let them devolpe in that spot before your making them jump all around. Look at Barclay, I feel they have wrecked him because they drafted him as a guard and now he is a book end tackle and average on his best day. Play him at  guard and let him learn that spot and get comfrotable.

Any one that doubts me, please watch this next game and watch the line with the new guys. They look out of sorts because they are being asked to play spots they are not comfortable with or just unfamilar with.

If no one believes me yet, you draft Matthews as an OL and now he is strictly a MLB with no results. Sure in situations he can be very good but turning him into a workhorse at MLB well I personally think Hawk played a heck of alot better last year than Matthews has this year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghetto

I think Tretter is better than Lindsley. More athletic. Needs to stay healthy.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

TT has always had the next man up approach and while if you get the right guys your going to be fine but this group of guys just are not cutting the next man up theory.

It is all fine and dandy to build through the draft but I think the Packers are getting way to cute and thinking they can turn Tackles into guards and vice versa. Look at what they have done with the DB.

Gosh if the Packers turned Jordy into a slot guy people would come uncorked but no one says a thing when they turn Barclay a guard into a Tackle, strange. Also turning Raji into a DE was silly also, never played on the outside of a tackles shoulder pads at any point in his career but now lets just put him there. They drafted him to be a nose guard/under tackle and now you just have a space eater with no up field pressure.

Some one said we model after the Patriots,,,,well guess what people the Patriots go out and get lineman and devolple them,,,,,see Neal. Never played college ball but yet they worked with him and he became a solid OL. They have also picked up FA for depth and to challenge the starters something the Packers do not do at all.

I get TT has been succesfull but at times  your theories become stale and you need to mix them up and I think it is time to mix them up and get some more depth and challenages into the camp of the Packers.

littleguy301

Quote from: Ghetto on December 29, 2015, 01:17:02 PM
I think Tretter is better than Lindsley. More athletic. Needs to stay healthy.

notice I said fine or better ;) yes health is a sticking area.