and the problem is ....... Rodgers?

Started by neutral, December 21, 2015, 09:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neutral

(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

ramjet

I do not think anyone can pin this down to one person or issues.

Those articles are a very interesting reading though.

The Last Ride

I believe Rodgers is still mad about the NFC championship and taking the foot off the gas. Blames McCarthy who then tabs Clements the new play caller who Aaron is very close to. Then takes it away from him. After the Dallas game Aaron says it was not about the play calling but execution. Says he could not hear what McCarthy was saying on the headset for  a lot of the play calls. After the Raiders game makes a public comment that the offense really does not have any direction. I can understand him being frustrated but the body language on the field and his terse comments in the post game press conference are really weird. I'm sure it is  how he feels but I don't remember #4 who made plenty of mistakes getting into it with coaches and pouting after plays that did not go right.

Oh, I know how lucky we are has Packer fans to have him playing QB.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

DrSnide

Actually I remember Favre throwing receivers under the bus fairly often - especially during the game after interceptions (so some seasons fairly often).  Remember his interactions with Schroeder?  On the other hand, I think it made his receivers scared to drop passes because of it - so maybe Rodger should be getting on them a bit more - I don't remember receivers dropping passes like this year - especially after game 5 or so.

How different is Rodger's season if we just elimate the drops by Adams alone?  There have been some awfully big plays that have slipped through his fingers this year - not that he is the only one but his drops tend to be the most memorable. 

Rodgers has missed some passes he would have usually have made this year though so he has a piece in this but I think his pieces are smaller than most.  You have an offensive line that is injured all the way down the line, a running game that seems erratic at best due to both OL and what seems like poor effort/injuries by Lacy, receivers (after your #1 guy is out for the year, your #2 guy is hurt with a shoulder much of (all?) season, your #3 guy is injured with an ankle much of (all?) of the seaon, and your #4 WR has just went on IR after missing most of the season.  Your current starting WR is a guy cut by WR needy teams like the Giants and Raiders largely because he wasn't fast enough.  That said, all the receivers are failing to get separation on a consistent basis and when they do dropping passes when they have a chance to make a play, and a TE who seems incapable of getting any yards after the catch.   

Reading that - this offense has been pretty injured up and down the lineup so that may be a possible, if unsatifactory explanation.  However, when they let Rodgers go and hurry it up - the offense looks pretty good - happened again yesterday - so maybe Rodgers is frustrated that he seems to be running it just fine when given the chance - but it bogs down the more the coaching staff is calling plays. 
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

The Last Ride

Actually I remember Favre throwing receivers under the bus fairly often - especially during the game after interceptions (so some seasons fairly often).  Remember his interactions with Schroeder?

I would like to hear what others think about this?  I don't remember it that way?  I did grow up in the 70's so that could be why I don't remember him acting that way.  :o  Or maybe it is not just being used to Aaron acting like this till this year.

– Yoda

DrSnide

Favre certainly called out Javon Walker for holding out

Got in a plenty of arguments with Childress on the sideline - and many thought got him fired (although he may have been right ;))

Certainly publicly  questioned the front office plenty towards the end of his GB career

Didn't he have his own locker room at some point also?

Jet's teammates apparently were pretty angry at him during his time there also.

I remember plenty of "frustrated body language" from Favre also - you see it from Rodgers also.  I think the difference is that Favre was such an open book people wrote it up to passion for the game.  Rodgers is so "cool" all the time it come across as petulant when he does the same thing.  

I also wonder how much having a veteran QB and such a young receiving corp effects chemistry.  Once Jory goes down that group of receivers is pretty young and who does Rodgers trust - the old guy they got off waivers.  Would also tie into Rodgers video game comments earlier this year. Favre was kind of known for preferring veteran targets also.  I wonder if that's a common dynamic or if its more pronounced on a TT team that is pretty focused on staying young at the position.

In the end, if a receiver can't get routes down or continues to drop balls I don't have a problem with the QB reacting/holding them accountable.  I have a bigger problem questioning coaches/organization which both Favre and recently Rodgers have been guilty of.

The Last Ride

Snide , It would be nice to have a game with no Rain!! Last three games have been brutal.. Arizona should be good weather.

– Yoda

DrSnide

Quote from: The Last Ride on December 21, 2015, 07:21:21 PM
Snide , It would be nice to have a game with no Rain!! Last three games have been brutal.. Arizona should be good weather.

I hope so - but AZ has been fairly cool (for them) this year but it should be plenty dry!!

Its funny I was really, really close to accepting a positon in AZ earlier this year and had this game circled when I was thinking about moving - the idea of watching a Packer game in December while wearing shorts was pretty appealling ;D 8)

Ghetto

I think Rodgers lacks leadership at times.

Again, I think it was telling that no one high fived him after he scored on that run against the Lions. I think when things are going well, everything is good. As things get going in the wrong direction, he can't step up and take ownership in it.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

The Last Ride

Quote from: Ghetto on December 21, 2015, 07:57:55 PM
I think Rodgers lacks leadership at times.

Again, I think it was telling that no one high fived him after he scored on that run against the Lions. I think when things are going well, everything is good. As things get going in the wrong direction, he can't step up and take ownership in it.

Ghetto,
How much of it might be guys not preparing, playing video games, breaking curfew, couple of guys busted for dope, Q shooting guns.. Rodgers is very serious and probably puts more time in than anyone.. Him having to be the savior in games might be taking a toll on him...

– Yoda

Ghetto

I agree that it has to be frustrating, and have to believe that it is wearing on him. I don't know what is going on in the locker room, etc., but the body language of the guys including Rodgers is bad. If you are able to re-watch the end of the Carolina game, and read his lips, he clearly blamed Clemens. He said something to the effect that he knew that play wouldn't work. When he found out it was his fault for missing the open guy, he threw the tablet down.

That said, he's the guy. He runs the show. I hope he can right the ship, even if it isn't this year. They aren't doing anything with Rodgers, so for McCarthey's sake, and for the sake of the Packers organization, things need to get fixed.

The Last Ride

Quote from: Ghetto on December 21, 2015, 08:15:44 PM
I agree that it has to be frustrating, and have to believe that it is wearing on him. I don't know what is going on in the locker room, etc., but the body language of the guys including Rodgers is bad. If you are able to re-watch the end of the Carolina game, and read his lips, he clearly blamed Clemens. He said something to the effect that he knew that play wouldn't work. When he found out it was his fault for missing the open guy, he threw the tablet down.

That said, he's the guy. He runs the show. I hope he can right the ship, even if it isn't this year. They aren't doing anything with Rodgers, so for McCarthey's sake, and for the sake of the Packers organization, things need to get fixed.

Yes, He hasn't been as comfortable in the pocket this year either. Look at that play you talked about to Cobb. He said something spooked him.

– Yoda

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

The Last Ride

Quote from: TomM on December 21, 2015, 10:42:22 PM
firetedthompson.com

HaHa.... be nice if he picked up a TE in FA this year!

– Yoda

Ghetto

Quarless was brought up from IR. Ask and you shall receive.  ;D