Adrian Peterson not playing Sunday

Started by DrSnide, September 12, 2014, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Handles II

I'm not at all sure how you somehow constructed in your mind that my thread was about me. It was about kids getting hit or whipped, as a form of punishment, as is the subject, and how I can emphasize .  Here, I'll quote myself: "Blood was drawn more than once.  Can't imagine doing something similar to a 4 year old." 

Get it now, or were you just trying to start something?  ::)

badgerjohn

Quote from: TomM on September 15, 2014, 09:49:43 AM
Chicago radio morning guys discuss this today... (and it will be discussed to death)...
They seem to think he will be penalized something like 6 games and then maybe traded...
That is just their thoughts.

Don't think I'd use these guy's thoughts for betting purposes....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11531210/minnesota-vikings-say-adrian-peterson-likely-play-week-3

The Minnesota Vikings announced Monday that running back Adrian Peterson will return to practices and meetings this week and is expected to play Sunday against the New Orleans Saints.

"To be clear, we take very seriously any matter that involves the welfare of a child. At this time, however, we believe this is a matter of due process and we should allow the legal system to proceed so we can come to the most effective conclusions and then determine the appropriate course of action."
- Vikings owners Zygi Wilf and Mark Wilf

Maybe wins / losses / profits also come into play?
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

ramjet

Quote from: Handles II on September 15, 2014, 02:34:46 PM
I'm not at all sure how you somehow constructed in your mind that my thread was about me. It was about kids getting hit or whipped, as a form of punishment, as is the subject, and how I can emphasize .  Here, I'll quote myself: "Blood was drawn more than once.  Can't imagine doing something similar to a 4 year old."  

Get it now, or were you just trying to start something?  ::)

Again you made choice as teenager ....stupid choice the 4 year old had zero choice again not sure you want people to think you are being abused or were but dumb to say the least. Stay on focus here a ADULT NFL player beating his 4 year old child a child with a switch..............Team applying code of conduct punishment for his irresponsible behavior.

Chris Carter just went off on this and his dissertation was spot on.

maggie

well, I'm guessing the kid won't do what ever he did to get that kind of punishment Twice...that's for sure...as a good friend of mine and social worker said, first one must looking into how the black culture refer to a good stiff punishment before making any decisions or before assuming he simply is a child beater who simply lost his mind and started beating his kid...what would it be like if parents still whooped that kids like that today?...personally, i was never beaten or hit by my father like that growing up, a stern stare was all it really took....how about you all? 
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Handles II

Quote from: ramjet on September 15, 2014, 02:42:46 PM
I'm not at all sure how you somehow constructed in your mind that my thread was about me. It was about kids getting hit or whipped, as a form of punishment, as is the subject, and how I can emphasize .  Here, I'll quote myself: "Blood was drawn more than once.  Can't imagine doing something similar to a 4 year old."  

Again you made choice as teenager ....stupid choice the 4 year old had zero choice again not sure you want people to think you are being abused or were but dumb to say the least. Stay on focus here a ADULT NFL player beating his 4 year old child a child with a switch..............Team applying code of conduct punishment for his irresponsible behavior.

Yes, I made a choice, and empathized that getting switched until bleeding is NOT something that should be done to a 4 year old. 
Now, lets see how far off your ability to comprehend will go with what I just said.  ::) My guess is that you are still pretty sore from the stomping you took last week. Let it go ramjet, you can't win an old argument by starting a new (and useless) one.

TomM

Quote from: Handles II on September 15, 2014, 03:04:57 PM
Quote from: ramjet on September 15, 2014, 02:42:46 PM

Yes, I made a choice, and empathized that getting switched until bleeding is NOT something that should be done to a 4 year old. 
Now, lets see how far off your ability to comprehend will go with what I just said.  ::) My guess is that you are still pretty sore from the stomping you took last week. Let it go ramjet, you can't win an old argument by starting a new (and useless) one.

The way I read this... ramjet was, it appears to me, referring to Adrian Peterson, not anyone here. 
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

You trying to start sumthin', stranger?

I'll let time go by so the authorities can hash it out.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

TomM

TomM

TomM

TomM

New accusations: Peterson injured another son while disciplining 4-year-old
http://www.khou.com/story/news/investigations/2014/09/15/new-accusations-peterson-injured-another-son-while-disciplining-4-year-old/15693941/
Jeremy Rogalski, KHOU 11 News 7:02 p.m. CDT September 15, 2014

The four-year-old is by a different mother than the alleged victim in the Montgomery County case, in which Peterson is charged with felony injury to a child.

HOUSTON -- Photos and text messages obtained by the I-Team reveal another incident in which Adrian Peterson is accused of injuring another son while disciplining the boy.

The four-year-old is by a different mother than the alleged victim in the Montgomery County case, in which Peterson is charged with felony injury to a child. In that case, Peterson admits to repeatedly striking the boy with a tree branch or "switch," but has maintained he did not intend to harm the child, and was using his judgment as a parent to discipline his son.

The latest incident allegedly occurred last June, while the boy, who lives out of state, was visiting Peterson at his gated home in The Woodlands. A photo, allegedly texted by Peterson to the boy's mother, shows a head wound to the boy covered by two bandages. Other photos, allegedly taken weeks later, reveal a scar over his right eye.

The text messages also describe an exchange about what happened. They contain numerous misspellings and shorthand:

Mother: "What happened to his head?"

Peterson: "Hit his head on the Carseat."

Mother: "How does that happen, he got a whoopin in the car."

Peterson: "Yep."

Mother: "Why?"

Peterson: "I felt so bad. But he did it his self."

The text messages go on to show Peterson saying he was disciplining his son for cussing to a sibling.

"It's absolutely criminal," said Randy Burton, a former chief prosecutor of family crimes in Harris County, and founder of the advocacy group Justice for Children.

"You break the skin, you have bleeding, much less permanent scars, that is a crime," Burton said.

But no charges were ever filed. Sources confirm the mother filed a report with Child Protective Services, but the outcome of any CPS investigation is unclear.

So is the method of the delivering the wound, according to the text messages.

Mother: "What did you hit him with?"

Peter never directly answered, but later replied: "Be still n take ya whooping he would have saved the scare (scar). He aight (all right)"

"This is very damaging information," Burton said.

Damaging, Burton said, because prosecutors in Montgomery County can use it as evidence in the felony case against Peterson.

"To prove intent, that it was not an accident, and to show that it was a course of conduct," Burton said.

"It wasn't a one-off," he said.

A spokesperson for Peterson's attorney said the law office of Rusty Hardin and Associates had no comment.

littleguy301

Quote from: Houndhead on September 13, 2014, 01:05:21 PM
Not defending Peterson or Rice at all, but didn't the Ravens just put Ray Lewis in their hall of fame, and ESPN put him on the air every week. At the very, very least, Lewis was guilty of obstructing a murder investigation.

Ya the Ravens are making a statue of him for their stadium. They are using his famous look he is know for,,,,,,,,,,looking the other way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lewis should NOT be talking moral and such on ANY station!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

What people are forgetting here and listening to ALL the stations in the Twin Cities,,,,,is the fact this a a 6 foot 1 inch 220 pound chisel beast of a man that did this to a young child. AP runs over some pretty big men on most sundays and now place a 4 year old in front of him..............

I am NOT condoning this but AP vs any 4 year old is going to leave a mark and AP probably did not realize his own strength in this situation. With that said, any adult male should understand that they are much more stronger than any 4 year old and needs to use some thought into even wrestling or playing with children of such young age.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

maggie

trust me, he's heading to TEXAS! he'll fit right in there with his new boss.. ;)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

TomM