ADIOS MR CAPERS...

Started by maggie, January 05, 2014, 09:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neutral

Quote from: aarons23 on January 06, 2014, 11:00:55 PM
I'm going to stick with my theory that Hodag is really a bears fan. :)

Not possible ... Bear fans respect Rodgers - it's the rest of "Packer Nation" that they don't like ... (except Imnofish).

Personally - while a Bear fan ... I would prefer to see the Packers win as much as possible without affecting the Bears chances for success.

I do not revel in the consternation of Packer fans over the way the saeson ended.

This season was a character builder for the Packers & the Bears ... and for the fans of both teams.

As for DC - if they want to change coordinators ... now is the time to do it - but I don't think they have to.  Every once in a while ... a little change for the sake of change can be good.  But - they can get the additional personnel they need through the draft, FA?, and a little better luck with injuries.  Anybody notice a change in KC's performance from last year to this year ... and it wasn't just Reid & Smith.  Besides - defense doesn't win in today's NFL ... it gives the offense the opportunity to win (much to my chagrin).  A tweak here & a tweak there and ...
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

whatever

Quote from: hodagdad on January 06, 2014, 10:48:24 PM
i like Rodgers ... just not in a dreamscape.  he won a Super Bowl with a defense that was +27 on turnovers, since then mostly 1 and done with the exception of the bear win and fumbled away loss in AZ, this year flat and one and done with a defense that gave him the win to take but he once again held the ball all day and had 2 decent drives, one td aided by the forgiveness of a holding penalty.  he gets an over-hyped free-pass for some reason.

lay his stats of yesterday out without naming the team or him and you would think it was Romo or Dalton.

he must have pictures of the entire fan-base ... or something.

for $110MM we should expect more.  he's playing to win conveniently .... competitiveness is gone, but that's ok ... we can claim to have the best QB in the league by winning 5 games against non-playoff opponents while 8 other QB's continue to play after getting beat by a guy who beat us last year as a rookie given the same opportunity by his defense.  Kaepernick 2 - Rodgers 0 ... but, remember it's all good because Rodgers is the best who ever played the game.

You  like to  cherrypick certain stats to lay blame on Rodgers and overlook the team aspect.  The 49ers pass rush consistently forced Rodgers to make hurried throws - and he still led to 2 td dtives by hitting accurate passes to recievers who were still covered.  You also conveniently overlook the incredible play Rodgers made where he should have been sacked and probably should have fumbled, especially with the cold, and yet he still slipped out the tackle, hung on to the ball and hit Cobb for a first down inside the 10 yard line.  That play was all Rodgers.

Get over your Favre love - he's gone forever and no amount of ripping Rodgers will ever bring him back.
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

hodagdad

hold the ball vs. let your guys make plays ...

i haven't used the "F" word at all, just those of you with your golden-goggles in defense of 1 and done have ... but, i understand your sensitivity.

the only other person who called it like it was was Aaron Rodgers himself ... i appreciate that and look forward to the draft and an improvement which includes his own performance in the playoffs.

ramjet

Packers without Rogers-mediocre

Packers with Rogers-contender

Defense was decimated by injuries looking at that Capers did pretty good with what he had .

Defense looked worse after Rogers got hurt........why? ................they were on the field the entire game.

Defense match ups are key we did not match up well with second and third stringers.

Overall in the NFL highest scoring season in history so it is not just the Packers. Rules favor offense because it fills the seats and makes the game more exciting.......

imnofish

Quote from: ramjet on January 07, 2014, 01:29:27 PM

Defense was decimated by injuries looking at that Capers did pretty good with what he had .

Defense looked worse after Rogers got hurt........why? ................they were on the field the entire game.

Defense match ups are key we did not match up well with second and third stringers.

Overall in the NFL highest scoring season in history so it is not just the Packers. Rules favor offense because it fills the seats and makes the game more exciting.......

I think you nailed it.   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

neutral

Correction:  ... "offense fill the seats" ... with fans who equate scoring with worthwhile of holding their interest ... (and who's money is as good and, in many cases, more plentiful).

It's the same in all sports ... scoring = maximum revenue & an increased fan base that has little/no appreciation of defense.

Personally - I'd rather see lower scoring games that result from good play on both offense & defense ... which, unfortunately, is dependent on rules fair to both sides.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

imnofish

Quote from: neutral on January 07, 2014, 06:56:25 PM

Correction:  ... "offense fill the seats" ... with fans who equate scoring with worthwhile of holding their interest ... (and who's money is as good and, in many cases, more plentiful).

It's the same in all sports ... scoring = maximum revenue & an increased fan base that has little/no appreciation of defense.

Personally - I'd rather see lower scoring games that result from good play on both offense & defense ... which, unfortunately, is dependent on rules fair to both sides.

The more that fans understand a sport, the more there is for them to appreciate about it. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

ramjet

Quote from: neutral on January 07, 2014, 06:56:25 PM

We are on the same page look a the steroids in baseball highest HR records being broken challenged and made the game exciting and garnered interest and increased revenue.

After all it is a business.