Aaron Rodgers done for year?

Started by easytopin, December 03, 2013, 09:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytopin

Week six and still not playing.  If the report of a non displaced fracture of the collarbone is correct then his recovery is slow for whatever reason.  We r miraculously in the hunt and need our leader.

Todd

Quote from: imnofish on December 09, 2013, 12:24:32 PM
Quote from: Todd on December 09, 2013, 12:19:01 PM
Quote from: easytopin on December 03, 2013, 08:54:11 PM
I believe this is week five...when the injury occurred I told my teaching colleague that he'll be done for the year just wait and see.  Hope to be proven wrong especially after diagnosis said 3-4 weeks.  tape it up and lets go.

The guy lobbied to play this week and wasn't medically cleared, I believe he'll play Sunday against Dallas. For you to insinuate that Rodgers isn't tough because he's been out due to a broken clavicle and Favre played with a hurt thumb is just ridiculous.  How much of that were pain killer aided which allowed Favre to keep playing, how many times did he hurt the team by staying in?  I'd rather have a healthy Rodgers than have him come in without it being full strength, re-brake or be unable to throw.   Medical stats show a 6-9 week recovery for this type of injury, this week makes week 6 so it's not like he's been doing a Derek Rose (who's out again, how'd that extra rest work out?).  Rodgers wants to be in and I think he will be this week.

Good post. In fairness to Rose, the guy needs knee surgery, so he's not really wimping out, either.  
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/derrick-rose-injury-update-11232013.html

Yes, but his recovery from his last injury was twice as long even after the doctors cleared him to play. 
"This page intentionally left blank".

imnofish

Quote from: Todd on December 11, 2013, 12:54:32 PM
I believe this is week five...when the injury occurred I told my teaching colleague that he'll be done for the year just wait and see.  Hope to be proven wrong especially after diagnosis said 3-4 weeks.  tape it up and lets go.

The guy lobbied to play this week and wasn't medically cleared, I believe he'll play Sunday against Dallas. For you to insinuate that Rodgers isn't tough because he's been out due to a broken clavicle and Favre played with a hurt thumb is just ridiculous.  How much of that were pain killer aided which allowed Favre to keep playing, how many times did he hurt the team by staying in?  I'd rather have a healthy Rodgers than have him come in without it being full strength, re-brake or be unable to throw.   Medical stats show a 6-9 week recovery for this type of injury, this week makes week 6 so it's not like he's been doing a Derek Rose (who's out again, how'd that extra rest work out?).  Rodgers wants to be in and I think he will be this week.

Good post. In fairness to Rose, the guy needs knee surgery, so he's not really wimping out, either.  

Yes, but his recovery from his last injury was twice as long even after the doctors cleared him to play. 

Well, we have to remember that basketball players are just not as tough as wrestlers.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Todd

Quote from: imnofish on December 11, 2013, 05:15:48 PM
Quote from: Todd on December 11, 2013, 12:54:32 PM

Well, we have to remember that basketball players are just not as tough as wrestlers.   ;D

+100

Yesterday I heard on a sports talk show saying basketball players were the best athletes in the world.  Of course I was thinking yeah maybe of Pro sports but if you factor UFC or wrestling in that argument holds zero validity.
"This page intentionally left blank".

easytopin

Well Rodgers was a high school basketball player, so maybe his extremely slow healing process can be blamed on that.

imnofish

Actually, I was just kidding.  Some basketball players are pretty tough.  I watch my grandson play and he does seem to tough it out pretty well, after getting knocked down onto that hard floor.  He started out as a good wrestler, though (just got too tall), so that might explain it.   ;)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigG

Our roundball team is a'ight; those boys are tough. Tough kids. Nice guys, too.

Our guys are easy to cheer for.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

easytopin

This is really getting frustrating...is it a cracked collarbone or severely fractured spine?

imnofish

Quote from: easytopin on December 14, 2013, 05:40:04 PM
This is really getting frustrating...is it a cracked collarbone or severely fractured spine?

Collarbone.  Docs are making the call. 

hodagdad

Rodgers = Meow

the Ford Tough commercials make me want to puke ...

S-O-F-T

imnofish

I'll trade you him for Cutler.  Love to see him on my Bears roster!   ;D

Ghetto

Chris Mortenson was saying the Packers have the most conservative medical staff in the league. They aren't going to risk the best player on the team for a playoff hope that might not happen even if they win out.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

imnofish

Quote from: Ghetto on December 15, 2013, 08:35:53 PM
Chris Mortenson was saying the Packers have the most conservative medical staff in the league. They aren't going to risk the best player on the team for a playoff hope that might not happen even if they win out.

Smart!   8)

hodagdad

Quote from: imnofish on December 15, 2013, 08:42:13 PM

Smart!   8)

Soft

imnofish

Quote from: hodagdad on December 16, 2013, 09:59:53 AM
Quote from: imnofish on December 15, 2013, 08:42:13 PM

Smart!   8)

Soft

In the long run, soft might be smart.   :-\