All signs point to Matt Flynn starting Thursday

Started by TomM, November 27, 2013, 06:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

Quote from: littleguy301 on November 28, 2013, 09:16:02 PM
Ghetto,,,,I think New Orleans is tough. Them and Seattle scare me in the playoffs.

Since you did not mention New Orleans or I overlooked that. You want to wager an ice cream on NO for the super bowl? ;D

You are on, LG. New Orleans is a good team, but their skill players don't scare me. Jimmy Graham is their best pass catcher by far. He'd kill the Packers, who wouldn't put a safety on him or anything, but other teams are smarter.

And we DO play the 3-4 Howavi. Just because a lot of plays they are in some hybrid mode doesn't change that. They are so thin in the front 7 that they are putting guys wherever.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

TomM

The Super Bowl will be played in New Jersey this year, correct?  Outdoors in February, correct?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

littleguy301

Quote from: Ghetto on November 28, 2013, 09:24:19 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on November 28, 2013, 09:16:02 PM
Ghetto,,,,I think New Orleans is tough. Them and Seattle scare me in the playoffs.

Since you did not mention New Orleans or I overlooked that. You want to wager an ice cream on NO for the super bowl? ;D

You are on, LG. New Orleans is a good team, but their skill players don't scare me. Jimmy Graham is their best pass catcher by far. He'd kill the Packers, who wouldn't put a safety on him or anything, but other teams are smarter.

And we DO play the 3-4 Howavi. Just because a lot of plays they are in some hybrid mode doesn't change that. They are so thin in the front 7 that they are putting guys wherever.

I also believe that Seattle is the best team in the NFC but just for the sake of giving you a chance at redemtions for some ice cream I will take NO and take the bet. Satuarday night at the ice cream place at the Kohls is the time we settle ;D

by the way, how is Oregon State this year ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigoil

I know we say we play a 3-4 but we don't in practice.

We have the most depth in the d-line and repeatedly only have 1 or two in. Typical 3-4's will have 3 down lineman, 4 lbs and sending guys from right, left, middle. Instead, we have Matthews and either Perry or Neal in and rush the QB, we then have two more dbacks on the field (our weakest position).

easytopin

Flynn is a pile.  One game and everybody fell in love.  He's a short Stave with a beard.

maggie

as perdicted...no deep ball threat... Det knew it! and took advantage of it...sticking with flynn was hard to take... >:(
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bkraus

Sticking with Flynn will get us a better draft pick.  With the Journal reporting Rodgers done for the year, I am all for losing the rest.  Think how dangerous we could be with higher draft choices and a new D coordinator.  I am on the Matty train, for the rest of this year....
Strive for Perfection

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

DrSnide

Put in Tolzien for the rest of the year and see if he can be a backup next year and take you lumps and improve your draft status.

Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

littleguy301

I say go with Scott T for the rest of the year.

Then next year we will have a guy that has NFL experience as a starter as a backup. I think that is something we have NOT had in many years or since Rogers was Favres backup( OK Rogers wasnt a starter but came in the Dallas game and looked good)

Ghetto

+1

Find out what you have in Tolzien. I think I said this on a different thread.

You know what Flynn is. Even if you bring him back, he should be healthier and be able to throw it 15 yards.

Let's see if Tolzien can improve over the next few games. Otherwise, let him go. Draft a young QB to teach/groom as the heir apparent.

littleguy301

Quote from: Ghetto on December 02, 2013, 11:43:57 AM
+1

Find out what you have in Tolzien. I think I said this on a different thread.

You know what Flynn is. Even if you bring him back, he should be healthier and be able to throw it 15 yards.

Let's see if Tolzien can improve over the next few games. Otherwise, let him go. Draft a young QB to teach/groom as the heir apparent.

I think it is to soon to draft a QB for the heir apparent but maybe for a nice draft pick.

I think Scott T has a huge upside and if given the job for the last 4 game I think we will see some good things from him.

Also, at this point I dont think the QB is our only problem. I think the D has been exposed for what it is, very average and will give up huge plays and chunks of yards.

Ghetto

I mean draft a kid who is a project. Not a first round pick who needs to start immediately. The Packers have wiggle room to do that with a late pick.

The defense needs a playmaker on it's line. Raji and Jolly for the most part are pluggers. I still say they switch to a 4-3 cuz that is the personnel group they have at the moment. They also really need a veteran safety to get guys lined up in the right spots. I think that would alleviate many of the busted plays/wide open WRs.

bigoil

littleguy301

Quote from: Ghetto on December 02, 2013, 12:01:04 PM
I mean draft a kid who is a project. Not a first round pick who needs to start immediately. The Packers have wiggle room to do that with a late pick.

The defense needs a playmaker on it's line. Raji and Jolly for the most part are pluggers. I still say they switch to a 4-3 cuz that is the personnel group they have at the moment. They also really need a veteran safety to get guys lined up in the right spots. I think that would alleviate many of the busted plays/wide open WRs.

I get what your saying and I am hoping that Scott T will show he is going to be a good QB and we have that settled.

3-4 or 4-3 what is the difference with all the packages todays defenses run t hrough out the NFL.

I would like to see the Pack take Bea Allen to be a plugger because I feel that Pickett is on his last leg.

I do like the Packs set up at LB. Perry the first rounder are OLB basically but dont have the speed to be a cover OLB so they are undersized DE.