Idea for new divisions

Started by Brett Favre - R.I.P., February 12, 2017, 12:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocWrestling

Quote from: Quack on February 17, 2017, 06:13:00 AM
I actually enjoy Saturday in the gym with my son and his team. I really am gonna miss it after this year. Doc if you don't like being in the gym on sat, start following basketball. Then you won't have to.

LOL!   I am a wrestling diehard like you.  I don't get to be in the gym as much as I would like to because I often miss because my other kids also have activities.  I am the director for the Marty Loy which has to be one of the longest days of wrestling around with wrestling starting at 8am on 10 mats and ends at 9pm.  But we are the minority.  We understand the sport and enjoy watching the sport no matter who is wrestling.  Talk to the parents and talk to the kids.   They are not the same as us.    I would still rather spend Friday night in a gym from 4pm-10pm rather than on my Saturday and most parents and kids would also tell you that.  I know selfish parents that are not encouraging their kids to wrestle so they have their weekends off.  I know tons of hockey parents that spent every weekend traveling for youth games and tournaments that now absolutely love high school because of the shorter season, less travel, fewer games, and no long weekend tournament days.  The great majority of wrestlers on our high school team did not grow up going to youth tournaments and our middle school program does not wrestle on weekends so the high school Saturdays are a shock to the kids and parents.  I am an early morning riser and want everything to start early on Saturday but I think most kids would rather sleep in and the weigh in about noon and then wrestle into the evening.  Again a difference between what adults might want and what kids might want.  I do know the kids hate getting up at 5:30am on their Saturdays to get to the bus.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!