Sectional picks

Started by ramjet, February 17, 2014, 01:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

106-Wasturbarth-Wenszel, toss up with Moravac-Kliss-Teatek  (Altmann-Wenzel-Wasturbarth)
113-Glinecki-Siolka-Blanchard                                               (Blanchard,Glinecki,Siolka)
120-Sersch-Kelsey-Schwahn or Jones                                     (Kottke,Sersch,Kelsey)
126-Heiden-Winker-Schaal or Wollenberg.                               (Schaal,Heiden,Winker)
132-Kreuger-Lansin-Marten Kelly with an outside shot if he beats Marten on the backside of the bracket. (Lansin,Krueger,Radtke)
138-Margis-Willfarht-Engle or Riehl (Margis,Riehl,Ozak)
145-Lemanski-Seewald-Ackman Smith with an outside shot at third if he beats Ackman (as listed)
152-Tousey-Gunderson-Weiler or Tauchen for the third spot (Tauchen,Weiler, Tousey)
160-Karban-Handrick-Griffin (Karban,Handrick, Griffin)
170-Wedepohl-Loehrke-Johnson (Wedepohl,Wudtke,Loehrke)
182-Feilding-Schuh-Bornbach (fielding,Bornbach,Schuh)
195-D. Gundersen-Dittman-Tackes (Doane from Crandon making some noise ?) (Tackes,Gundersen, Dittman)
220-Johnson-Pillath-Kauffman  (Johnson, Pillath,Richmond)
285-Lassa-Braden-Brandt  Murry with an outside chance if he gets by his first match. (Brandt,Murry, Braden)

DarkKnight

I'm pretty sure your wrong on some of those bud :) Schaal or Wollenberg? schaal beat him 13-3... him and Hieden will decide first

ramjet

At least I tried........ Were are your picks?

firemanscarry

Give me a little while.  I was going to do my picks tonight, anyway.  I know mine will look a little different than ramjet's, so we'll at least have some comparisons.  Then ram can give me the business when he gets more right than I do.  I beat our coaches last year, but I don't even remember if ramjet picked all the weights or was just focused on 138 for some reason!
"If ya wanna be the man, ya gotta beat the man!"

ramjet

I picked them all right  ;) problem is you are going to "homer" pick that will cause errors........... ;D

The picks I made were for the three qualifiers not in any particular order except for those I specified. Some of those was more because of bracket layout than anything else.

firemanscarry

Here we go:
106--Teteak
Wusterbath
Wenzel

113--Glinecki
Blanchard
Siolka (tougher schedule than Hamilton who looks similar on paper)

120--Kelsey
Sersch (kottke beat Sersch last week, but I'm going Sersch this time)
Schwahn

126-Schaal
Heiden
Winker

132-Krueger
Lansin
Marten

138-Margis
Riehl
Willfahrt (beat Engel 2-1 last week.  Engel might just pop through as a freshman.)

145--Lemanski
Seewald
Ackman (Smith might be able to beat him, but I'll pick it this way.)

152--Weiler
Tousey
Tauchen

160--Karban
Handrick (gives Karban a real tussle)
Griffin

170--Wedepohl
Johnson
Wudtke (maybe Bornbach, but I'm going Wudtke)

182--Fielding
Schuh
Bornbach

195--Tackes (if healthy)
Gunderson
Dittman

220--Johnson
Kaufmann
Pillath  (I generally kind of pull for Menominee guys, but I think Pillath beats Richmond.)

285--Lassa
Brandt
Braden (If he beats Murray in first round.  Murray at 285 is tough to predict.  Still think he made right choice.  220 is ridiculous this year.)

Unfortunately I lost all my old sectional programs when I moved this summer.  (Into a house where I'm told that ramjet's dad did alot of the wiring on, no less.  Hey, the lights all turn on, that's a good thing.)  Maybe the programs will turn up yet.  I've had a system over the years where I give myself one point for identifying a qualifier, a bonus point for getting him in the right place, and another bonus point if I got all three qualifiers at a weight in the right order, and two bonus points if my entire bracket for a weight was correct.  Now, I can't remember any of my point totals from year's past and can't compare.  Time to start a new record, I guess.

firemanscarry

Quote from: ramjet on February 17, 2014, 09:31:45 PM
I picked them all right  ;) problem is you are going to "homer" pick that will cause errors........... ;D

The picks I made were for the three qualifiers not in any particular order except for those I specified. Some of those was more because of bracket layout than anything else.

The reason I beat all the coaches last year is that I usually don't homer pick!  Besides, it's pretty hard to pick many NLC guys this year.  Even though I'm good buddies with the dad of the Wabeno kid, I just couldn't see him getting through some of the kids at top.  My picks are the top three, in the order I'm predicting.  I'll fill out a full bracket later.

I won't be able to show my picks to you at the sectionals, though.  I can't go.  Taking the kids to see Wicked at the PAC in Appleton on Sunday, and just have too much work to do this weekend to lose both days to fun stuff.  That probably makes sense to ramjet; I was his daughter's theatre director in HS, and he knows that shows are a big deal in my household.  As much as I love the sectionals, taking my kids to see a professional show that is going to blow their mindholes is the bigger deal.  Maybe, just maybe, I can get all my stuff in one sock this week and not have to go in to work on Saturday, but I really doubt it.

wrastle63

Teteak
Wenzel
Wusterbarth
Glinecki
Blanchard
Siolka
Kelsey
Schwahn
Kottke(was a lot more active than serch)
Schall
Winker
Heiden
Krueger
Lansin
marten
Margis
Engle
Wilfart(Engle was winning until the very end and Riehl hasn't impressed me this year)
Lemanski(Should be a very good match with Seewald)
Seewald
Ackman
Tousey
Weiler
Tauchen
Karban
Griffin
Battle between Handrick and Sokolski
Wedepohl
Wutke
Johnson(up in the air between multiple guys)
Fielding(look out for Jankowski looking pretty tough)
Schuh
Bornbach
Tackes
Dittman
Gunderson(shiocton)
Kauffman
Johnson
Pillath
Lassa(too strong)
Brandt
Murray or bolder possible

Willie

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 18, 2014, 12:15:51 PM

Margis
Engle
Wilfart(Engle was winning until the very end and Riehl hasn't impressed me this year)

I have a feeling you will be eating your words on this one IMO!

fall9

Who is this jankoeski? Must have been hurt all year? I believe Riehl will turn it on at the right time and makes it out. I also like wudtke over Johnson. Picks coming out soon.

fall9

Quote from: fall9 on February 18, 2014, 04:42:08 PM
Who is this jankoeski? Must have been hurt all year? I believe Riehl will turn it on at the right time and makes it out. I also like wudtke over Johnson. Picks coming out soon.
jankowski, sorry

fall9

103-wusterbarth,teteak, wenzel
113-glenecki, siolka, Blanchard
120-kelsey, sersch, schwahn
126-schaal, winker, heiden
132-kreuger, lansin, marten
138-riehl, margis, ozak
145-lemanski, seewald, ackman
152-weiler, tousey, tauchen/gunderson
160-karban, handrick, sokolski (could be griffin)
170-wedepohl, wudtke, bornbach
182- Fielding, schuh, bornbach
195-tackes, gunderson, dittman
220-pillath, kaufman, Johnson
285-lassa, brandt, bork

lot of good looking finals

switch_it

I ll take a shot at who I think will be Sectional Champs at each weight

106- Wusterbarth
113- Glinecki
120-Kelsey
126- Schaal
132- Krueger
138- Margis
145- Seewald
152- Tauchen
160- Karban
170-Wedepohl
182- Schuh
195- D. Gunderson
220- Kaufman
285- Lassa

JapanMan

Quote from: Willie on February 18, 2014, 02:51:18 PM
Quote from: wrastle63 on February 18, 2014, 12:15:51 PM

Margis
Engle

I have a feeling you will be eating your words on this one IMO!

You don't have to be be impressive to win to matches. I haven't seen Riehl wrestle since last year, but from what I remember the kid stays in good position and wrestles smart. I'm sure he will raise his level this Saturday!
"All the training is kind of a love-hate thing for me,

ramjet

Some good match ups and should see some really tough wrestling in the finals of most weight classes.